PDA

View Full Version : Which is more accurate?

PRoBoxer18
09-04-2007, 06:53 PM
This may sound dumb to you advanced players, but I just want to be the best I can on the field. I have A spyder Electra. Now is the barrel on that more accurate than my Progressive Smart Parts 16in barrel? The Electra hasnt come in the mail yet so it hasnt even been shot, so is the 12in aero-twisted barrel that comes with it more accurate then my after market one?

bigred76
09-04-2007, 06:56 PM
I've had great experiences with the Progressive, so I'd have to say it would be better. I haven't tried the stock Electra barrel, though.

PRoBoxer18
09-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Well I have had awsome luck with my Progressive barrel as well. I originally have a Spyder TL-Plus with that barrel pretty accurate to. I was just wonderin if the stock barrel could be more accurate cuz its also has rifling in it and has an "aero-twist" in it. Off topic real quick, have you had good luck with your Electra? I play alot of woodsball but its pretty fast paste.

bigred76
09-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I haven't owned an Electra, but most Spyders perform the same. Just be sure to take care of it, lube it well, and all that stuff, and it'll treat you well. I'm not going to respond in your other thread, but rather here.

A good upgrade for ANY marker is a barrel, but since you have that out of the way, you're going to look next at a hopper. Do you have an electronic loader? Get at least a VL Revolution, and it'll help keep up with your gun. If you can afford it, a Halo B or Reloader B would be your best bet for the long run. Next, a regulator will help increase consistency and raise efficiency. A good cheap one is a Bob Long Torpedo. You'll need to swap over to a macro-line set-up at this point, so you'll need the parts to do this. PM "HobbyHorse" with your set-up, and he'll be able to get you the fittings you need, as well as the macroline itself for a fairly cheap price. After that... it's all preference. Grips, feedneck, bolt, V/A, ASA, etc etc. For a base player like yourself, I wouldn't worry about performance much other than that.

PRoBoxer18
09-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I do have an Electronice hopper. So when I pm Hobbyhorse I tell him what my job is one the coarse, my playing style, and how I want my gun to perform? Now sorry I dont know what it means to increase sufficiancy. Does it mean less paintballs breaking or not?

oldironmudder
09-04-2007, 07:35 PM
efficiency, basicly get more shots from the same amount of gas as you did with out a regulator.

bigred76
09-04-2007, 08:04 PM
No No No... Lol... Basically, when you get to the point where you have a regulator, to use it you're going to need to use macroline. When you are at that point, when you have a regulator on order and it's on it's way to you, you should look to Hobby Horse and let him know that you have a Spyder with a Torpedo regulator, and a stock bottomline, and would like a macroline set-up. He'll hook you up with the proper parts, and give you a price. It shouldn't be too much from him.

The balls breaking in your gun will decrease with the pressure, yes, but also those might be from improperly bored paint, barrel breaks, or just plain 'ol ****ty paintballs.

Tito=PBL
09-05-2007, 07:59 AM
the regulator regulates the amount of air that is used to fire the gun. when u have a regulator you are useing the same amount of air to fire every paintball. thus it is more consitent and acurrate. are u using CO2 or N2. if possible use N2 that will be one of the best upgrades u can do to your electra.