PDA

View Full Version : Me and my Pilot ACS

Tyler_ACS
09-04-2007, 03:29 PM
First off, Id like to say hello and Im a new member here. I like this forum alot so far as I just found it.

I have an 05 Pilot ACS in the black/blue fade. I like it alot but since Ive been getting back into paintball Im gonna start modding it. I play mostly woods ball and some speed ball.

So far I have this setup

Gun: Spyder Pilot ACS
Hopper: black Egg3
Equiptment: 2-20oz Co2 tanks(both Anti-Syphon installed), VL Pro 4 pod harness, battle swabs and etc....
New Mask: JT Axiom FX-10-gray

Future mods:
14" Dye Ultralite or 14" Freak barrel system
Clamping feedneck
Brand? 6 stage expansion chamber
Drop foreward
Dye Stickies 3 grips

Seem like Im headed in the right direction? I think so and it shouldnt cost me and arm and a leg, lol.

SupaSnipa
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
WELCOME and hello! about your list everything looks good but you might want to think about a regulator instead of an X chamber because its more consistant. You'd have to get a Palmer Stabilizer or a Bob Long Torpedo if you wanted to use co2. you might want to think about getting an HPA tank..that is a very good upgrade

shunut
09-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Welcome.

I wouldn't waste your money on a new expansion chamber. Like supasnipa said get a regulator and HPA, then you'll be set.

Never hesitate to ask questions, its why we are here.

09-04-2007, 05:53 PM
welcome and as for feednecks get trinity or a ufd off of ebay

SupaSnipa
09-04-2007, 06:54 PM
you could always get a new board whether it be a virtue $130 a Tadao $90 or a T-board $60 the t-board is the cheapest but all of them are compatible with eyes, which is another very good upgrade

Tyler_ACS
09-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Will a regulator work well with Co2? I plan on upping to HPA sometime but not in the imediate future. So if I get a regulator it will need to be good for Co2 and HPA. I have 2 20oz tanks and would rather get most of the things Ive listed first.

Also, which would you recommend? The Freak Barrel System or the Ultralite? Ive read reviews about both and it seems the Dye is the better barrel. Opinions?

Thanks for the warm welcome, Ive been dying to post but it took 2 days to get me activated! lol

oldironmudder
09-04-2007, 08:58 PM
A palmer will work with Co2 or HPA as will the Bob long reg.

I dont see the need to swap to HPA if Co2 is working fine now.

Tyler_ACS
09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I didnt see any reason for a change in the near future. I have plenty of Co2 tanks and with the regulator the gun should shoot more consistant.

oldironmudder
09-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Even with my ANS Gen-X reg that really is a good CO2 reg, it did very good.

Tyler_ACS
09-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Barrel wise, what would honesly be best? The Ultralite or the Freak? If I get the Freak, Im gonna get the whole kit to take full advantage of it. The problem with it is the price tag for the kit. The ultralite is from what I know a good barrel and all. So opinions?

Sandman_Bravo
09-06-2007, 03:15 AM
welcome and as for feednecks get trinity or a ufd off of ebay

Stay away from trinity, I had one and the clamp lock bolt broke. It never held as tightly as my Sundragon-CCM does either.

http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spyder_feednecks.html

:)

LostCause
09-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Freak, so you can always get the best saccuracy from your paint

Tyler_ACS
09-06-2007, 02:49 PM
They are so damn expensive though. I guess I can get the barrel and then buy the inset kit later on.

I order through Paintball Ohio though. So whats the best feedneck I can get here? The new desgins looks good.

http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_list_60.htm

LostCause
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
you could get a freak jr if you wanted to

Tyler_ACS
09-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I ordered a Freak with the Teardrop front. Front-blue, back-black, with the .687 alum insert.

Tyler_ACS
09-15-2007, 07:49 AM
got my Freak a few days ago. The blue front doesnt match the gun but its closer than I thought it would be. Monday, dye stickies and clamping feedneck.

Tyler_ACS
09-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Where are you guys finding the regulators at? Are they made specifically for Spyders or universal? Also, Ive decided on a New Designs locking feedneck w/o holes.

Kittenkiller
09-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Don't overlook the WGP Ergo reg. It is very stable, tolerant of CO2, and inexpensive as well. The only downside is that it seems to be black or chrome only. Same with the Evil Detonator, although I don't have any personal experience with the Evils performance.

Tyler_ACS
09-16-2007, 08:39 AM
speaking of regs, what will I have to do to make it fit my pilot. Been reading and read about an adapter Id need.

The Pumper
09-16-2007, 10:14 AM
New front block to on your pilot. Depends on which reg you get, you may need a new valve that'll operate at a lower pressure. A spring kit would also be a good investment.

Tyler_ACS
09-17-2007, 08:02 AM
New front block to on your pilot. Depends on which reg you get, you may need a new valve that'll operate at a lower pressure. A spring kit would also be a good investment.

Would the trinity be a good front block? I found one at http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_item_034102_trinity-spyder-front-block-reverse-with-gauge-blac.htm

$50, that sucks but I gotta do it I guess.

oldironmudder
09-17-2007, 08:11 AM
You could use a VA off of another spyder that has a ASA threads. Cheaper, wont match on color & youll have to mod it to flow like an aftermarket one.

Tyler_ACS
09-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Id rather go with something not getto. This is my only gun, and Id like to get the best for it.