PDA

View Full Version : Bore Match

PRoBoxer18
09-04-2007, 11:59 AM
OK so Im really new to the sport. So naturally I will have a question. I have a Smarts parts progressive barrel. The bore size on it is .689 Now I want to use diable heat paintballs with a bore size of .693. Is that a bad decision? Will it throw off my accuracy? Would it be a wiser decision to go with Diablo Nightmares with a bore size of .687? Any advice would help me out alot. Thank you

Hossy
09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
the ball may not even fit down the barrell, which wouldnt be good. This would cause alot of barrel brakes(were talking about the .693). My suggestion is find alot of types of paints, (maybe get some from a friend) and put them down the barrel. the paintballs shouldnt just roll down, but shouldnt get stuck. somewhere it between is what you want to match your barrel

PRoBoxer18
09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Do you have any brand names that you could suggest? If it came down to it though. WOuld you suggest the Diable Nightmares(smaller)over the Diable heat?(bigger). I also have used stryker paintballs. They seemed to wokr alright but all my friends said that they are crap paintballs.

Tito=PBL
09-04-2007, 12:59 PM
the second brand of paint u have listed would be a good size. it is 2 less then the barrel size. it will still be acurate. and if one of the paintballs were to be for some reason slightly larger than the rest. (which happens) it wont break in your barrel. so the second brand will do.

bigred76
09-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Diablo's some great paint. They've been around for a while, competing with Draxxus.

The Nightmare's will work fine. A larger barrel bore for a single bore would be advisable in the future, like .691 or .693, but for now, you're gonna have to stick to the smaller stuff. The Heat will just obliterate itself inside your gun trying to go into that barrel.

As far as paint brands, I personally love Evil and PMI Premiums. They work well in all of my guns, and are a fairly consistent bore, not many dimples or lemons. Here's a link to the paint borings: http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html