09-01-2007, 09:20 PM
okay so heres my wishlist for my mr2:

J&J ceramic 16" barrel

Simmons 30mm crossbow red dot sight

Action Ghillie Rifle Rag :D

Spec Ops MR2 Commando Stock

Trinity AK-47 6 stage expansion chamber

co2 Remote line

PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE ARE ANY BETTER MODS THAN THESE, I WILL TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION AS I AM LOOKING TO MAKE MY GUN AS SCENARIO LIKE AS POSSIBLE. I am very interested in sniping if that helps anyone.:D

The Booth Man
09-02-2007, 07:24 AM

J&J ceramic 16" barrel

Trinity AK-47 6 stage expansion chamber

co2 Remote line

PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE ARE ANY BETTER MODS THAN THESE, I WILL TAKE THEM INTO CONSIDERATION AS I AM LOOKING TO MAKE MY GUN AS SCENARIO LIKE AS POSSIBLE. I am very interested in sniping if that helps anyone.:D

Everything on your list looks fine except the Expansion chamber. It won't fit unless you remove the plastic foregrip which, in my opinion, makes the MR2 look kind of shoddy. Others like it that way though. Before you buy, take off the foregrip and see what you think.

Have you thought about installing a regulator? A regulator will make your shots more consistant and predictable than even an expansion chamber.
There are many on the market today, but the best for co2 are:

Palmers Pursuit Shop Stabilizer $80
Bob Long Torpedo $50

The stabilizer is the best of the two, but I own both.

interceptorMR2
09-02-2007, 07:51 AM
aw cool! boothman strikes again! yeah i saw noticed the expansion chamber was a problem with that. i saw it on the mr2 like right after i posted the thread yesterday and it sort of dimmed down my desire for that part. yeah the regulator sounds good i just wanted something to have more consistant shots so yeah regulator would help alot. I'm still in the beginning stages of sniping, so i tend to be a little edgy sometimes and might need the regulator. I fire more shots than a good sniper would....

interceptorMR2
09-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Yeah i found a shroud that looks great on the mr2 ( i saw this guy post a pic on Post a pic of your mr2 or somethin like that and it looks great) even tho its for a tippy. Idk about the price or not but looks cool tho

http://www.opsgear.com/Tippmann-A5-Shroud-UMP-p/og-shroud-ump-a5.htm

SkinWalk3r
09-02-2007, 04:33 PM
are you guys forgetting how cool the expansion chamber looks on PBgranpas MR2YOu guys do understand the AK47 expansion chmber was made spefically for the MR2. It not like the generic m-16 ones that just hang there. Besides if you are fairly decent with wood working you fashion one.

NeedForSpeed
09-02-2007, 06:26 PM

J&J ceramic 16" barrel IMO, get a 14" but if your going for the looks I guess then it's a fine choice. I would look into some type of 16" barrel kit so you actually can "snipe." If you don't have the right paint to barrel match you won't be sniping so well.

Trinity AK-47 6 stage expansion chamber Get a regulator. The best regulator for CO2 is a Palmers Stabalizer but they run at around $90 new, $60 used. Torpedo looks cooler but I would go for the CP regulator if you're looking for performece. I think it has a slightly faster recharge rate. I also like the gas line going into the bottom of the regulator

co2 Remote line :up:

^^

The Booth Man
09-02-2007, 07:39 PM
are you guys forgetting how cool the expansion chamber looks on PBgranpas MR2YOu guys do understand the AK47 expansion chmber was made spefically for the MR2. It not like the generic m-16 ones that just hang there. Besides if you are fairly decent with wood working you fashion one.

PbGrandpa did an awesome job modding his MR2! The Ak-47 Expansion chamber looks great, but it really is a personal preference.

interceptorMR2
09-03-2007, 07:08 AM
^^ so for the barrel, I saw the Smart Parts tactical barrel for Spyder MR2/MR3 and i heard its pretty good for sniping but the only problem is that the 16" barrel and 20" barrel are the same price. Sooooooooo.... I'm not sure what to get. I mean i guess it seems like it makes sense to buy the longer one for the same price, but I've never upgraded barrels on any of my markers yet.

Hossy
09-03-2007, 07:14 AM
so for the barrel, I saw the Smart Parts tactical barrel for Spyder MR2/MR3 and i heard its pretty good for sniping but the only problem is that the 16" barrel and 20" barrel are the same price. Sooooooooo.... I'm not sure what to get. I mean i guess it seems like it makes sense to buy the longer one for the same price, but I've never upgraded barrels on any of my markers yet.

Id suggest a 14 inch.... if you want it longer. I personally used a 12 inch barrel.

There is no real such thing as a paintball sniper bud, sorry about that. The longer the barrel doesnt really help accuraccy(sp)

interceptorMR2
09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
well first of all, I'm not real into speedball much. But yeah the sniper thing? Thats what my friend thought...haha you have no idea how we play but yeah we do alot of odd stuff in our paintball games. its pretty much teams but we all are way away from eachother, and yes we do in fact have a sniper position depending on which kind of game we are playing. We dont really have any scenario games near us so we have to improvise, but there are in fact snipers in paintball, you just dont come across too many in games because you dont feel the need to look. Go to like specopspaintball.com and they have a bunch of articles on snipers that players have come across in scenario games/ their experiences as snipers. I end up playing sniper alot so I was just wondering should i just stick with my mr2 stock barrel or just switch to a better barrel. i guess barrel length doesnt matter a whole lot, but Im going for accurate. I've never upgraded barrels so im just asking for advice and stuff. so any ideas on what i should do?

interceptorMR2
09-03-2007, 08:26 AM
okay so apart from the sniper or no sniper, I have written down so far for what I'm seriously considering getting soon (i need more money for the rest :mad: :

14" or 16" barrel

Regulator OR Ak-47 mag chamber

Red dot

co2 Remote line

AND! IVE ADDED ANOTHER! SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!

BARREL Bipod (NOT WEAVER RAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

slim and shady
09-03-2007, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=Hossy]
There is no real such thing as a paintball sniper bud, sorry about that.

Where do you live there bud? You dont think there is such thing as a paintball sniper? What do you play speedball, open your eyes there are alot of snipers out there.
People like you really make the rest of us mad that spend alot of time practicing our play, one shot kills, stealth manovers and the like. Hell even the oldest lame argument of "there is no long acurate shots so there is no sniper" is out the window with the introduction of equiptment like the flatline and more recently, and better imo the Apex. Most people who actually look into different positions before judging them will also tell you there is alot more to sniping then the long shot anyway. Its all about your camo, patience and diciplin of movements.

I guess if there is no sniper you probaly figure the rest of the positions are bogis to then hey? Im not throwin flames at yeah but do your research before throwing out statments like that or at least post it IMO.
Thanks

interceptorMR2
09-03-2007, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=Hossy]
There is no real such thing as a paintball sniper bud, sorry about that.

Where do you live there bud? You dont think there is such thing as a paintball sniper? What do you play speedball, open your eyes there are alot of snipers out there.
People like you really make the rest of us mad that spend alot of time practicing our play, one shot kills, stealth manovers and the like. Hell even the oldest lame argument of "there is no long acurate shots so there is no sniper" is out the window with the introduction of equiptment like the flatline and more recently, and better imo the Apex. Most people who actually look into different positions before judging them will also tell you there is alot more to sniping then the long shot anyway. Its all about your camo, patience and diciplin of movements.

I guess if there is no sniper you probaly figure the rest of the positions are bogis to then hey? Im not throwin flames at yeah but do your research before throwing out statments like that or at least post it IMO.
Thanks

yes thankyou! ive been hit by a few snipers myself before starting in on becoming one. I did tons of freakin research on places like specopspaintball.com and they have like a ton of articles with sniper tactics and everything. I just say the reason people dont think snipers in paintball exist is just because they have never seen one before. I love sniping, i just don't quite have the equipment to really be called "sniper" yet. Im getting a red dot sight in a few days to a week, and some of the other stuff i had on my list up there.

slim and shady
09-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I pm'ed you a bit on my gear, well the barrels anyway. If you want just I can pm the rest of the gear that I use. If you are registered on special ops look me up im under the same name- Slim and Shady. if you have an ops name let me know and I will add you to my list.

interceptorMR2
09-03-2007, 01:43 PM
sounds good to me, i replied and I am currently registering for specops