PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Spyder VS Trigger

faithalone
09-01-2007, 01:28 PM
These are available from Trinity for about $25.00. Has anyone tried any of these and what is your opinion? Also, are they fairly easy to install?'

Thanks!

pbplayer78
09-03-2007, 06:55 AM
vs3's dont have any aftermarket triggers

faithalone
09-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Trinity makes an aftermarket triigger:

http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR+233

VS2 King
09-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Thats Just For The VS2 And Maybe The VS1 IDK. Since The VS3 Has A Rocking Trigger Frame Not Like The Regular Frame There Are No Aftermarket Replacement Triggers.

faithalone
09-18-2007, 02:38 AM
oops. i meant to post this in the vs2 forum....i get confused sometimes because I have a VS2 trigger frame on my VS3 body (I tell people that it is a VS5 :) )

bamf-hacker
09-18-2007, 04:20 AM
moved ;) and please don't double post. One of us will move the thread if need be.

DonF
09-18-2007, 12:22 PM
These are available from Trinity for about $25.00. Has anyone tried any of these and what is your opinion? Also, are they fairly easy to install?'

Thanks!

Trinity VS2 Trigger

Overall its a good choice - good machining comes with some washers to get rid of the side rocking that's so bad with the VS2 stocker. There still is quite a bit even with the washers on the Trinity trigger, because someone chose to produce the trigger with an even bigger hole than kingman did (I'm thinking about installing a bushing at a latter time). The shape -Oh yeah! It feels more natural to me than the wavy trigger shape that I absolutely despise (but that's just a personal preference thing)
Will it perform right out of the box? Not for me. The stock trigger has an Allen set screw that you can adjust the triggers point were it compresses the micro switch. The Trinity has a big giant hunk of aluminum slapped on in its place. Now there are some slight positives to this. Have you ever noticed how sloppy the micro switch is in the frame? It slides all over the place! Now with the little point of a set screw, sometimes it was on the edge not in the center. Now with this big honking tab on the back - hey no worries its much wider. The bad part is that the tab sticks the trigger way out there and if you prefer it closer to the grip ( ...I do) then you will have to remove some metal from the back with a grinder or a mill. The bad part is that its hard to add metal back on so remove a little bit then reassemble till its just right. If you dont cut the trigger, then get a longer trigger stop screw that will reach so you dont kill your switch.
I hate cutting on a new part but hey I still like it better than stock even with the fitting issues. Hope that helps.

jish
10-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Ive had it for a while, and i love it. The side to side movement was what made me seek out another trigger. Yep, it really is a bit faster for me on this one, and i love the way it looks. great trigger.

faithalone
10-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the input! I just ordered the new sling trigger from CP so I will see how that is and post my report!