PDA

View Full Version : Red dot scopes

interceptorMR2
08-31-2007, 08:13 PM
okay, so I'm lookin for red dot scopes that are good quality and durable, but are somewhere around 40 dollars, give or take 10 bucks. I'm currently looking at the kingman 30mm red dot scope and I'm not real sure what to look for. I would like a red dot scope that FITS THE RAISED SIGHT RAIL. any ideas and tips on what I should consider buying?

SupaSnipa
08-31-2007, 08:39 PM
i have a simmons 30mm crossbow one...if i were you id go with a crossbow one because it has 3 dots so you can see the ball drops

SkinWalk3r
09-01-2007, 05:23 AM
3 dots so you can see the ball drops
explain please. I am interested too

interceptorMR2
09-01-2007, 07:04 AM
whoa no way! thats pretty sick dude! I googled it and its so much cheaper than the spyder one. thats a good one i think i might order it sometime this week :D

interceptorMR2
09-01-2007, 07:07 AM
explain please. I am interested too

yeah okay so if you are into some sniping or just getting a person without shooting a million balls, then you might want a red dot, or a scope. red dots you can set to exactly where the ball will hit and with the simmons 30mm im assuming with 3 dots you can have settings for longer distances? idk but yeah red dot sights DONT zoom in, but you can get a magnified one like a 30mm sight. scopes on the other hand zoom in but the ones ive found are fairly expensive but hey, I live in a tourist town where everything is ultra expensive. so thats what i know about red dot scopes but dont quote me on everything cuz im just starting to learn about this stuff

SupaSnipa
09-01-2007, 09:45 AM
It has 3 dots. One over top another and because of that you can see balls drops.

interceptorMR2
09-01-2007, 09:47 AM
wow okay im definetly getting that, that will help me quite alot. thanks dude. It does fit the raised sight rail right? if not i guess thats fine cuz it sounds really effective. Is this the one?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/simmons-crossbow-red-dot-scope-30mm-sight-851133.html

it looks like it but does it come with the correct mounting accessories to moung it on my mr2?

The Booth Man
09-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Just make sure you get the right one. There are two diameters that a Red Dot is made to fit on:

3/8" Dovetail
7/8" Weaver Rail

Either one will fit on your MR2, but if you get the Weaver Rail, you will need to take off the raised sight rail

Bytheway, you will need to remove the stock if you plan on using a Red Dot. There just isn't enough mask clearance without modifying the stock.

interceptorMR2
09-01-2007, 07:16 PM
oh okay thanks for the advice about the stock, that was my main concern because of the stock. thats why i wanted to get it on the raised sight rail. Thanks alot i will do that and I'll probably get a stock that will allow more clearance (look up on specopspaintball.com the mr2 commando stock, that might work idk) for the sight, but i also plan on getting a bipod to help a steady aim. Thanks again for the advice that REALLY helps you have no idea

KingTutBaller
09-01-2007, 08:57 PM
If you're looking for a cheap red-dot with good results, try an Adco Hotshot, I bought one from ebay along with some other things in a package and it worked out to costing me 5 dollars for the sight. Retail -may- be up to $30 (this is canadian dollars), I'm not sure though. But this mounts on the 3/8 raised sight rail, and I can use it with the MR2 stock with my mask on. It works perfectly. I've cut my ball usage 2/3rd's since I got it, and had alot more satisfying 'marks'. Any more questions, photo's, just ask.

The Booth Man
09-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Trust me, I know how you feel! I was in your position about a year ago and had to do alot of the research on my own. Check out the link in my signature. Someone took the time to compile a list of most of the upgrades available for the MR2.

interceptorMR2
09-02-2007, 06:20 AM
sweet yeah dude i saw that list, i just need the cash now :D but yeah my main priority for red dots is at least a magnified one. Im really interested in sniping and stealth in a paintball game, but i would prefer a red dot over a scope

The Booth Man
09-02-2007, 06:37 AM
sweet yeah dude i saw that list, i just need the cash now :D but yeah my main priority for red dots is at least a magnified one. Im really interested in sniping and stealth in a paintball game, but i would prefer a red dot over a scope

You can find Red Dot sights that offer a low level magnification, but they are expensive. ($100 to $200), and for that price I wouldn't dare risk it breaking by some rogue paintball.

Think about your role as a Sniper and the limitations of paintballs in flight. In my experience in the woods, most firefights (and lone gun ambushes) occur between 15-50 yards. You are most accurate up to 30 yards and you have to start lobbing the balls after that.

I have mine sighted in at 20 yards. If you are patient enough, you will be able to flank or ambush within that range.

interceptorMR2
09-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah im having a little difficulty getting used to the sniper role, but its all worth the wait. Ambush or just making someone surrender is all worth it. thanks for the advice dude you definetly helped me in my decision!!!