PDA

View Full Version : theoretical question about suppressors...?

SkinWalk3r
08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Ok. Lets suppose I decide to make a supressor for my MR2 using some PVC Piping and decide to use foam(like the kind inside gun cases) to act as sound baffler on the inside of the suppressor tube. And now lets suppose I slid this over a gun barrel like the stock MR2 or my J&J and it covers the porting holes on the end of the barrel....Will this have any affect on
1. The ball trajectory/accuracy
2. The sound.
Keep in mind the suppressor will end flush with the end of the barrel, not stick out past it...I am more interested with #1 as I am considering this for looks.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/painterman117/SUPP.jpg

majorissuez99
08-31-2007, 09:44 AM
you might notice a diffrence in sound...might be slightly quieter/diffrent sound
as for accuracy i think it wouldnt really be affected but youd better test it
ball velocity might also be affected by the foam covering the porting holes that would make a slight diffrence id think

ive been thinking of doing something like that but havent got around to it

SkinWalk3r
08-31-2007, 09:49 AM
yeah that was my concern. As I was told the holes are there to let OUT the gas as the ball leaves the muzzle so that they dont affect the ball's path. Now if they were completly covered I can see a problem. But with foam being porous and I intend to pack it LIGHT/Loose I am trying to figure out if it would make a difference.......even the casing of the supressor will be drilled with minute holes on the under side to relieve exiting gas pressure...

SkinWalk3r
08-31-2007, 09:58 AM
ok. scratch the idea. Its illegal by ATF laws and I DONT want trouble ! I'll just settle with making a fakey for looks.