PDA

View Full Version : MR2 bolt

jbtoronto
08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
here's the bolt that came with the MR2...I did the -break in- to the bolt....na na didnt work NADA. it spit out the first one...then some good 10 shots then exploted one...re-cok...then same thing but then it just exploted like 2 then shoot goood---frustrating...i guess im gonna have to get a new bolt....

uhmm

any advice?

chnk
08-30-2007, 03:28 PM
whats exploted? you mean it chopped? what hopper are you running?

as for a bolt id suggest an acp 2 oring bolt, they arent expensive and good for the price

jbtoronto
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
yah i meant the ball got chopped-im gonna have to order a new bolt then..thankx man

chnk
08-30-2007, 03:43 PM
the acs bolt sucks, but if you dont have a fast hopper you might still get chopping problems from the new bolt,

i use the acp bolt too, it does chop every now and then when iran an eggy II, but no more annoying jams and recocking, and less blowback from the acp bolt

jbtoronto
08-30-2007, 03:55 PM
I just ordered the new bolt from alamo city....
LOW BLOW BOLT with 2 O-rings

my Hopper = Evolution 3 25 bps

pb34
08-30-2007, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't have gone and gotten a new bolt so fast. Are the balls breaking in the firing chamber or in the barrel? If it's the barrel your chopping paint because of a bad paint to bore match. Another thing, I would have gotten one of the regular 2 o-ring ACP bolts as opposed to the low blow. Many people have had some problems with the low blow and you will most likely have to buy a spring kit to tune your gun correctly. That being said, I've also heard some people say that with a little tuning the low blow works great. So you will get to experience that first hand.

Edit: Also are you sure you broke in the ACS bolt enough?

chnk
08-30-2007, 04:15 PM
a regular 2 oring bolt would of suffice, and eggy 3 is good, you should see a difference in blow back after installing the bolt

when i ran the eggy II blow back was horrible, i ran into nothin but chopping issues, but after a newbolt the blowback was alright and the hopper kept up alright

Cacique
03-14-2008, 09:17 PM
How is your MR2 doing with the new bolt? Is it doing fine?

slim and shady
03-15-2008, 08:13 AM
He doesnt have his gun anymore he sold it.