PDA

View Full Version : Cocking Lever Retaining Screw

Bowtie
08-28-2007, 05:55 PM
What does it take to get the cocking lever retaining screw backed out.
I recently purchased a Pilot off Ebay. Took it apart for the first time last night and had a hard time getting the cocking lever out. Finally accomplished getting the cocking lever out but thought it would be easier if the retaining screw could be turned back a little bit. I tried, with a flat blade screw driver, but the material the screw is made of is so soft, I started to damage the screw. At that point I just decided maybe you aren't supposed to undo the retaining screw.

Am I missing something?

On a side note the Pilot is fairly easy to take apart. Not as easy as my Tippmann A-5 but still...not too bad. I thought without the directions I was going to be asking for help on the board here but I got it all figured out.

vwjimmy
08-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't mess with that screw...the cocking knob is made to pull out, and that screw hold the detent that keeps it in when in use. It really is not made to be adjusted or removed, and if you do not keep it as tight as it is, you could loose the cocking knob during play. It actually holds a ball and spring in place.
Welcome to the KUSA forum :)

Sandman_Bravo
08-29-2007, 03:26 AM
In order to do anything with that screw you have to heat it up because it has loc-tite on the threads. In addition, to heat it, you need to disassemble the plastic parts of the bolt down to the metal so as not to damage them. When it is stripped down; just heat up the end with a heat gun and it will break the loc-tite bond.

Bowtie
08-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess I will leave the retaining screw alone.

I have no idea how the cocking knob can fly off because I had to use pliers and pull with everything I had. But, obviously it can.

I did read a post on here about someone getting advice from Kingman saying score the bottom of the knob with a hammer which helps keep it where it's supposed to be.
If someone could post a link to that post, I'd appreciate it. I found it by accident and I can not locate it now.

08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
well the cocking knob flying off has been a known problem with the pilot acs
I never had that problem since I replaced the acs bolt with a regular top cocking spyder bolt from my sonix pro