PDA

View Full Version : About the AK-47 expansion chamber

SkinWalk3r
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
By the looks of it just buying the chamber by itsef wont do apparently...some sort of tubing/piping hardware is needed as well ? What do I need to put the clip on my MR2 and can't I use anything of the stock set ?

chnk
08-28-2007, 05:44 PM
the tubbing/piping hardware you would need would be either a macro line with macro line fittings, and or a custom cut steel braided line,

its your choice, id suggest a macro line, its cheaper, and easier to work with, and most paintball stores will have it

the only other thing i think youll need is a metric adaptor for the stock asa, unless you have installed an aftermarket one, you will need one of those too

for all this you're looking to spend $3-$5 on a macroline fitting, you need two, and $1-$2 for a foot of macroline, and im not sure how much an adaptor cost but i think its like $2-$5

SkinWalk3r
08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
"metric adaptor " forgive for being so dumb but it that knob like thing that I attach my remote to. This knob like thing was screwed into where the tank would nomally go ..

if I could trouble you...I am going to be returning something to rockstartactical and getting store credit and will be picking up the expansion chamber. With that in mind I am linking all their macro products. Could you tell me which one I may need ?
http://www.rockstartactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=macro&Page=1

chnk
08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
no, the metric adaptor is needed to screw the marcoline into the stock asa, cause there stock asa has metric threads and a macroline doesnt, so you need an adpator to screw it in,

im not sure if the ak expansion has standard threading so an adpator for the expansion chamber might be needed

wylde01
08-28-2007, 07:25 PM
when i bought my ex-chamber i ended up using macro line. i bought all of my stuff from hobbyhorse (aka macroline guy). to make all of this work i had to buy
1. macroline
2. a 90* fitting and a straight fitting
3. 2 metric adapters. they sell them at local pball shops. normally 32*brand.

after i bought all of that it worked fine. i may be able to get a pic up soon for you to see in the near future.

EDIT: 600th post WOOT!!!!!!!!!

chnk
08-28-2007, 08:37 PM
they sell macro lines, fittings, and adapters at hobby stores?

congrats on the post count, i'll be there later someday

wylde01
08-29-2007, 04:17 PM
they sell macro lines, fittings, and adapters at hobby stores?

i was reffering to a forum member here named HobbyHorse. he runs an online store www.macrolineguy.com

that is where i bought all of my stuff to make it work.

pb34
08-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah HobbyHorse (www.macrolineguy.com) sells all the macroline and fittings except the metric adapter. That would probably be a good product to add to his website though.

Alien
08-30-2007, 05:20 AM
where can we get a stock hose for the MR2 ? ..

pb34
08-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Your best bet would be calling Kingman. I'm not sure if anybody sells stainless steal hoses that come with Spyder threading.