PDA

View Full Version : i have a question

jumanjii
08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
ok i got a 20in barrel for ten dollars from this guy so i didnt spend that much on it but does anyone know why most of the balls chop the guy send it was the loader but i want to know u all think

vwjimmy
08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Well, 20" is way too long for a paintball marker....
Does it chop with another barrel? Is it chopping in the breach (where the ball loads) or in the barrel?
Most paintballers agree that over 16" in a barrel is actually worse for accuracy and it is definately bad for air usage.
Welcome to the KUSA forum!

jumanjii
08-28-2007, 04:20 PM
it doesnt chop with the 12 inch barrel
so i would say its happening in the barrel

vwjimmy
08-28-2007, 04:27 PM
If it is chopping in the barrel, there will be no paint (or very little) in the marker or on the bolt....if it is chopping in the breech, the feedneck and brech would be covered in paint...
Either way, put that barrel away....

vikingshadow
08-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Welcome to our humble home!

Couple of suggestions for you: First, check your paint with the barrel - if it's too tight in the barrel, it'll be blowing up in the barrel. This is called a "Barrel Break" and not a chop. A chop is when the bolt "chops" the ball and breaks it.

Two things can cause chops. Too slow of a loader which doesn't feed paint fast enough into the breach, or bad paint. If it's bad paint, it'll explode when the bolt hits it.

Check your barrel to ball match first, then check your loader. Then, get rid of that God-awful long thing and get something shorter, lol!