PDA

View Full Version : Spyder VS1 just drops balls with 18v Hopper, READ!

NeilR777
08-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Hello,
I just got a Spyder VS1 and its great, but its capped at 20 bps semi auto, and I got the 18v LCD fasta hopper with it which does an impressive 30+ bps. Well my problem is when I shoot slow, as in like just taking 4-5 shots not rapid firing, it sometimes (usually) will shoot 2-3 balls out of the barrel at the same time, like the hopper forces it down and then the balls have barely any power and drop, once I had 6 balls come out of the barrel at the start of one cycle. I was wondering if there is something wrong with my gun, or if I should just get a slower hopper. I was looking at the 9v LCD hopper fasta which is about 15-20 bps which is closer to my gun, but I am afraid the balls are just falling out of the hopper and into my barrel, which is what causes the balls to shoot out in multiples. Although, when I fire as fast as I can, it shoots right, so I don't know what is up?

Update: I just tested it again, with the hopper feeding, and not even firing the gun, I pointed the barrel down and about 8 balls fell out...

I need help ASAP!

Thanks,
Neil

VS2 King
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Its Prolly Your Detents. Because Your Detents Are Prolly Old Or Worn Out Or Something It Is Letting The balls Move Forward And Since You Hopper Is There It Is Just Feeding More In Because It Thinks Theres Nothing There. So Replace Your Detents. And You Will Prolly Be Fine.

vwjimmy
08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Since the marker is new, one or both of the detents are probably defective or missing.....
(Detents are the things that hold the paintball in the breach until you fire...they stick out in the bore just in front of where the ball drops down the feedneck)
Check them out and let us know :)

NeilR777
08-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Well, I took the barrel off and I see the ring of the thing that pushes the paintball out, and I see ... I dont know, what do these detents look like, and where can I get new ones?

Critical
08-28-2007, 05:40 PM
If you are looking down where the barrel would attach, the detents should appear as small nubs or finger thingies on either side of the feedneck. They should stick out a little into the inside of the marker.

NeilR777
08-28-2007, 06:25 PM
I think I see them... well I ordered a 9v Fasta which is 15-20 bps, where as I can shoot about 15-18 with my gun, will this help my problem?

VS2 King
08-28-2007, 06:46 PM
will you sell you other fasta that you dont use

NeilR777
08-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Sure, if it is the hopper causing the problem? Are you interested in buying it? Only used once, I would probably sell for $50, I got it new for $90.

NeilR777
08-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Sure, if it is the hopper causing the problem? Are you interested in buying it? Only used once, I would probably sell for $50, I got it new for $90.

VS2 King
08-28-2007, 07:57 PM
actually would you trade for anything in my sale in my sig

Nenkitsune
08-28-2007, 10:32 PM
i don't think it's the hopper. I'd say, put 1 ball in the breech, without the hopper on. then pull the bolt back AS FAR AS POSSIBLE!! and try and see how far the ball moves BACKWARDS. if it moves backwards to far, that's INSTANTYL your problem

Protan
08-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Im pretty sure its not the hopper thats the problem. If your hopper has eyes it should know when to stop the balls. You might want to bring your gun back and get it exchanged for a different one. If its the detents that are the problem. It sounds like it is.

NeilR777
08-30-2007, 12:07 PM
I got it off actionvillage, so where would I take it to. When I had the barrel off, and loaded it in the hopper, and turned the hopper on 8 balls came out and just dropped to the floor, not even pressing the trigger...

vs1user
08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
ITS THE BALL DETENTS!!! if you take your eye covers off, a little above the eyes are a rubber cup like thing on both side. check to make sure they are there and if they are there then get new one because they are obviously worn out.

go to page nine on this pdf file it has how to change the bal stoppers(detents)
http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/vs1.pdf