PDA

View Full Version : Weird problems

Thunder14
08-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I have a MR2 and it seems when I first put my tank on and fire it that the first couple of balls will only shoot like 10 feet or so. But if you dry fire it it seems like it has lots of power. The gun is clean and oiled ,batt is fully charged,and C02 is full. It doesn't do this every time but occasionally it does.

Great forum lots of useful info.

oldironmudder
08-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Have you installed the bolt upside down?

chnk
08-28-2007, 05:14 PM
sounds like you installed something in wrong, did you put the striker buffer in right behind the striker/

vwjimmy
08-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I assume it fires fine after the first few.....
If so, what you are describing is known as FSDO (First Shot Drop Off)....
It can be caused by several different things....does it fire great after the first few?

wylde01
08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
need to know a little more info to answer this but i think vwjimmy was on target there.

Thunder14
08-28-2007, 07:41 PM
bolt is in correctly, buffer is behind the striker, and yes the gun fires fine after the initial 3 or 4 shots, it will shoot a dud about 4 or 5 feet then I recock and it will do the same for 3 or 4 shots then it seems fine, and it doesn't do it every time just every once in a while

chnk
08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
maybe its your tank,

Thunder14
08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I have 6 different tanks but Ive never paid any attention to what tank I have on when it acts up. What could be wrong with the tank if it works after getting the first couple of duds out of the way?

chnk
08-28-2007, 07:59 PM
i really dont know, i never heard or had this problem before,

it sounds like it takes some time ofr the pressure to biuld up, so it could be the tank not letting enough air, or maybe something is blocking up the airway a little, im not sure ill have to think about this a little

or maybe even the co2 isnt expanding fast enough, i think that might be it, maybe those couple of drop shots is the emount of time for the c02 to expand,
well i think this is because of your location, i never ran into this problem when i ran co2 and i live in the south, and you live in the north, maybe the cold air is slowing down the expansion a little,

Thunder14
08-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Not too far North, but North of you, Right around the Canada/US border, ya I don't know either, it's not like its a terrible problem but it just pisses me off. It makes that sound a bit like when your running out of CO2 when it shoots the first few then it just works.............

chnk
08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
i dont know, my explanation above is the only thing that seems possible to me,

you're internals sound fine, and im not sure what can cause the problem internally, if it was a constant problem, or it kept firing low velocity everytime, or everytime u shoot, id say it was something wrong with your internals,

but it doesnt happen often or stay a problem for very long, so it migh be the air source,

are you using somekind of generic unknown brand or a 3rd party brand like Pure Energy, Java, etc?

if its one of those plain label no name tanks, it could be the reg on the co2 tank isnt that good of quality, and is causing regulating or expansion probs,

is your mr2 stock?

Thunder14
08-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Yes the gun is stock and I have a VLocity select hopper. I think I may have figured it out though, when I re-assemble I was putting the striker buffer ahead of the sear so the buffer was probably getting stuck on the sear until it worked its way back after a few shots??? Does that sound right. Operator error I guess, I'm such a dumbass
Also another problem I've been having since I got my new hopper is more chops and double feeds, I checked my ball stop and its good, its also the black one which it sounds is stiffer. I have my hopper set on setting 1 so there is no tension one the balls. it seemed like the higher I had it set the more chopping and doubles I had???