PDA

View Full Version : rough day with teh nubs

HelpDeskHustler
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
ok so I figured only you guys would really appreciate this:

Recently my friend has been having problems with his new DM6 that he didn't buy himself... Mainly problems with leaking, FSDO, shooting slower than his hopper can feed, and eye errors. (any person familiar with the dm boards knows the last 2 go hand and hand). Since I had already fixed his previous marker once before, he decided to come to me... for you to really know how he plays you should know something about his A5 fix first. *flashback*
One fateful afternoon I received a call from my friend, he has a tendency to play both woods and speedball with his e-framed flatline a5, and this weekend he had planned on playing woods with some of HIS friends (take note, I pulled all of my friends out of the woods a long time ago -- mainly because i hate bees and spyders). He wanted me to figure out what was wrong with his A5, since it wouldn't fire when he tested it with a full co2 tank earlier. I agreed for a nominal fee (5 bucks) and he made his way over to drop it off. Now, I know what to expect when cleaning a tippmann, since usually it's the first time the chamber has seen the sun since it was assembled... but this A5 was horrible. Dirt and small grain sized pebbles and sand crusted over the screw holes, covered lightly in pain residue. He had told me it had never been cleaned or taken apart, but i was still baffled. I made my way to the full $5 cleaning by completely disassembling the gun.... including the allen wrench screws, which as you know are not all designed to be removed often. Murphy's law befell me as I reached the last allen screw that held the shell together... it was clearly locked into place by what I can only describe as "nature's superglue" I even used the Impact driver and stainless steel hex bits in a final attempt to move the screw... but when it was clear that the screw would never budge because of the now evident stripping... i decided it was a lost cause and switched from the hex bit to the drill bit and "juggernauted" through the head of the screw. The internals were uneventful... basically the same sludge as the outside had, but this time it was covered in a black film that I could only manage to identify it as what could possibly be remaining of the "factory lube". rubbing alcohol, cotton pads, aluminum polish and white lithium grease followed and the gun was as good as new.... well except for some minor problems with the e-frame because of tippman's shotty boards. *real time*Sludge seems to follow my friend, since the disassembly of his dm6 resulted in the same unusual muck... that managed to find it's way in through unknown caverns... since he never plays in the woods with the dm6, i was surprised to find 3mm of sand/mud crammed in the hole of the back cap, which seemed to be causing the FSDO since the bolt couldn't completely reset. The leaking I found to be dirt distributing through the chamber until all of the seals had been surrounded by gunk. The eye problem was simply this gunk spread across the dm6 "self cleaning eyes". So i had it up and running... shooting well, but still feeling like a gun I'd never buy. I fixed the pull a bit, but unfortunately that never fixed the trigger itself, or the return speed of the trigger... O well... I can only do so much. The paint and air test w/ my pulse loader came out to a nice 20+bps in psp maxhopper ramping. I returned it to its dye obsessed owner with a decent feeling. Keep in mind I had already told him why his gun was shooting slow when i returned it, and also explained eye errors to him before he gave me his gun to fix... But alas, one cannot heal teh nubs, because earlier yesterday he came up to me and said "hey dave, the eyes still aren't working right". So I asked him if he was using air and paint... of course the answer was no... so I said something about how the board expects the chamber to empty before it resets the eye otherwise it goes into error mode, he said his finger wasn't in chamber when he was getting the error... :rolleyes: so clearly the bolt had been jostled... i sent him on his way telling him to push the bolt all the way back and then the eyes would show up with no signal when he turned it on. So today is the kicker... he comes up to me and says they still won't work, again I ask him if he used air and paint... again no... but this time, despite the 3 times i had taught him why holding a finger in there reads as an error he said "when i block the eye beam with my fingers it clicks slow and shows the error"

Can teh nub be cured or is there no hope!?

Kenny_McCormic
08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
- mainly because i hate bees and spyders)
Can teh nub be cured or is there no hope!?
WTF are you doing on a Kingman forum if you hate spyders?

how long has teh nub been playing? over 1 year and his odds of full non nubness are not good

Charfizcool
08-27-2007, 05:53 PM
WTF are you doing on a Kingman forum if you hate spyders?

how long has teh nub been playing? over 1 year and his odds of full non nubness are not good

he means spiders like the arachnid(sp?) :p geez small grains of sand! I would slap myself if that happened to get into any of my markers:eek:

MVS1
08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
help...convince him that the dm`s are all junk and that he made a huge mistake buying such a crappy marker, then buy it from him cheap, pm me and i`ll make it worth your while ;) , that way you can feel good about the marker not having to endure such abuse anymore :D

Nenkitsune
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
o_o he shouldn't own anything BUT a spyder.....if he can't take care of a tippy, he shouldn't own ANYthing other than a spyder. Just because of the spyder simplicity. At least that nub would be able to (i hope i'm not giving him to much credit) be able to figure out how to work on a spyder.

Tito=PBL
08-28-2007, 07:09 AM
i hate when people are like that. something like that happend to me.
my friend had a brass eagle avenger. (spyder clone) he couldnt get it too shoot. he couldnt even screw the tank in cause he crossthreaded the asa. i ask if he would give me his broken gun. he said fine cause it doesnt work anyway.
i get home to clean it. first i took of the barrel and looked down it. that barrel was cloged with paint, sand, rock, and wood chips. (yes wood chips he had wood in his Barrel!!) i took a look down the feedneck. the paint was everwhere. i would cock the bolt and it would make a slushing sound. when i took it all apart i was amazed anyone can let their gun get like this. to give u and idea on how much paint was in it. their was paint on the striker!! and their was paint past the push pin into the expansion chamber!! the valve was covered in this oiler resedue (paint) i have never seen a gun so filthy. but the good this is that i can keep the gun. so im going to turn it into a spimmy or something. so next time he sees his gun it will be so different.
so i know exactly what u are taking about. it tries the patience.

08Lud08
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
I know how you feel. I am the guy that has to fix everyones gun because they are noobs and don't know how to clean or tech their gun. My friend payed a shop $30 to set his blackheart board (you can get the manual online for free and is super easy to set). The funniest was from a kid my friend knew, His bob long defiant 2 wasn't shooting and he didn't know what happened. he didn't want me to take a look at it because he didn't know me, he sat out all day and then he finally let me look at it and the problem was his bolt was upside down. The thing I hate most is when they have 1 year of paint residue and sludge and is wondering why their gun wont shoot.

HelpDeskHustler
08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
I ripped hard-x-core with my 9 pound AMG. When it worked (only on compressed air, at 285fps on a nice day) I was like pwnage.

This kid I keep talking about seriously bought a 91ci DYE throttle tank. I lol'd at the size the instant he told me, then told him about how big it would be. Luckily action village was nice and let him exchange it for a DXS 68 and some other thing.

Oscum Guy
08-28-2007, 01:50 PM
lol dat is teh funny. and no he doesnt deserve a dm6.

lmfao, i fix gats for free, i should start charging.

Kenny_McCormic
08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
I know how you feel. I am the guy that has to fix everyones gun because they are noobs and don't know how to clean or tech their gun. My friend payed a shop $30 to set his blackheart board (you can get the manual online for free and is super easy to set). The funniest was from a kid my friend knew, His bob long defiant 2 wasn't shooting and he didn't know what happened. he didn't want me to take a look at it because he didn't know me, he sat out all day and then he finally let me look at it and the problem was his bolt was upside down. The thing I hate most is when they have 1 year of paint residue and sludge and is wondering why their gun wont shoot.
Same here i help the people who admit to not knowing anything but the cocky cheaters that wonder why their tippmann is leaking when half the screws are missing and it hasnt seen lube in years piss me off.

Oscum Guy
08-28-2007, 03:02 PM
lol i know this guy that is afraid to take his shocker apart (prolly hasnt lubed it yet) and he sent his gun into a pb shop to get his virtue board installed. wow.

Nenkitsune
08-28-2007, 06:04 PM
haha, that actually reminds me of something. My friend had a VL Orion, and brough it to me asking why it wouldn't work. First thign I did, was pull out the pin , then...wtf? why didn't the back cap pop off????
uhh........ there's nothing here but a bolt o_O
we'll let's see if it'll hold air...
PSHHHHHHHHH
ok, let's replace some orings then. valve oring, shredded, oring on the little front cap, gone. replace them. Ok, well now it holds air, but there's only a bolt...
it worked, once I put in the missing half of the gun haha.