PDA

View Full Version : Huge problem with my ACS bolt!

mylios101
08-26-2007, 10:57 AM
When ever I fire my Pilot ACS in any mode after about ever 5 balls the gun fires 2 or 3 times and only one ball comes out. This seams to happen most of the time when I pull the trigger very lightly on the trigger frame button, I don't know if that is what is causing the problem or it just seams like thats whats going on. This lead me to taking of the trigger frame off the gun and looking at the piece that locks the striker in place to keep the gun cocked but what ever i threw at it it wasn't skipping which lead me to believe that it was a mechanical problem and nothing to do with the trigger fame. So then I tried adjusting the velocity of the gun from the lowest to the highest setting but still nothing. In conclusion I came up with that it must be the cup seal skipping in and out sometimes firing the gun a few time or the striker isn't cocking correctly or its the ACS bolt it self. Also I broke in the ACS bolt before I tested out my gun but maybe I didn't do it enough. Sorry but there's more, after about every 20 - 30 balls the gun likes to un-cock its self so I have to re-cock it again. As you can see my gun is in no shape of going on the field so can anyone help me with the problem of bolt stuttering and the bolt not re-cocking? I already shot off about 340 balls and a 12 oz tank trying to fix it so im pretty angry, thanks

Bilbo
08-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Strange one. What type of hopper are you using? One guess, and it is purely a guess, is that your hopper isn't keeping up with your rate of fire, so you are firing on an empty barrel. I would think if this was the case, though, you would be seeing either 1) a lot of chopping, or 2) the acs bolt uncocking a lot because it prevented a chop but encountered a ball that was only partially loaded.
The uncocking problem I think is just the acs bolt not completely broken in, or once again too slow a hopper (so the uncocking is a sign of the acs bolt avoiding a chop). That happend to me a lot before I got an electric hopper and broke in the bolt.
I always find that, pretty much no matter what the problem, sometimes just taking everything apart, checking rings and seals, and lubing the heck out of the marker will solve the problem. If nothing else, it is an easy fix to try, and can't make things any worse. I would also check your hopper and feedneck, to see if there are any burrs, bumps, dried paint, or whatever that may be impedind the free flow of balls out of the hopper and through the feedneck.
After doing that, I would try again with a fast (agitated or force-fed) hopper, a new (or freshly recharged) battery, and a completely full 20 oz tank.

mylios101
08-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks, i might have a friend with an electric hopper because im using a gravity feed. About the gun firing a few times while only shooting one ball I think was because I had the trigger to close to the trigger frame so the blow back of the gun would fire the gun again. I also compressed the bolt a crap load more that night so im going to test out my gun as soon as i get another CO2 fill and then ill let you know what happens.

Bilbo
08-27-2007, 10:54 AM
The trigger issue you are talking about is called trigger bounce, and I too had a problem with it that I solved w/ the help of others on this board. That may be at least part of your problem, but again if that was happening you would either be chopping or the acs bolt would be decocking. It would be hard to imagine the bolt cycling 3 times without at least nipping a ball, no matter how fast it happened. That's why I suggested checking the hopper neck and feed neck for possible obstructions that could make the feed even slower than gravity.

thunderpickle
09-27-2007, 09:37 AM
I am having the same problem, Did you come up with a remedy yet?

Sandman_Bravo
09-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Uncocking is a sign of the ACS bolt working correctly. It stops chops that way. What type of paintballs are you using? One thing's for sure; a gravity feed hopper is useless with the Pilot. I doubt there are any issues with the cup seal, probably you are experiencing: trigger bounce, a hopper that can't keep up, and ACS anti-chopping. Good luck. :)

mylios101
12-30-2007, 12:57 AM
hey thanks, you were all a big help. I think im going to invest in a new halo loader or something and adjust the trigger to reduce any trigger bounce. :)

PILOT_ACS
01-02-2008, 09:19 AM
hey thanks, you were all a big help. I think im going to invest in a new halo loader or something and adjust the trigger to reduce any trigger bounce. :)

You don't need an extremely fast loader on a pilot acs. I just use a revvy because at around $30 used and it seems to be about the right speed.

pilotsoldier83
01-08-2008, 05:10 PM
i was having the uncocking problem too so i called kingman and the guy asked me if my bolt had oil on it or not. appearantly the acs bolt is made to be a dry ran bolt(no oil). since then i havent had one problem with it uncocking