PDA

View Full Version : Jus some thoughts

DjShaman
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I have a trinity 17" barrel and it seems to be so much more accurate than my J&J 14". After great reviews im not feeling the J&J that much. About the only thing I like is that it cleans itself out nicely with chopped paint. I only use premium paint.

I've changed the ball detents, barrel, and I have a FASTA hopper which I love. I've broken in my bolt and im still chopping paint. Not a lot, but enough to make me have to clean the gun out at the field a few times a day.

All in all im somewhat happy with my MR2, but im thinking of getting a different gun. The ease of switching firing modes seems less fascinating to me now that I cant seem to stop chopping paint. If anyone can think of anything that might help, please post. thanks!

Hossy
08-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I have a trinity 17" barrel and it seems to be so much more accurate than my J&J 14". After great reviews im not feeling the J&J that much. About the only thing I like is that it cleans itself out nicely with chopped paint. I only use premium paint.

personally 17 inches is way to long, and it will use up alot of air.

Accuracy is based on paint bore to the bore of the barrel bore. So the accuracy may just be based on the paint that you use.

what kind of those guns are you interested in?

DjShaman
08-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Hello,

Your right about the bore size...i like using 2 kinds of paint, elixer and toxic. elixer is smaller than toxic. Since the J&J is a smaller bore than the stock barrel, i'll use elixer. I did use up a lot of air with the 17" barrel, but im telling you that it was definitely more accurate than my J&J 14".

Im thinking of getting either a smart parts ion or a dangerous fusion. Im not entirely sure that I wanna give up on my MR2 though. It's my first gun so i've become attached to her!

chnk
08-26-2007, 06:28 PM
fusion over ion,

i only stayed with my mr2 cause i loved the eas of switching modes, way easier than any other spyder, and definitly easier than an ion

i dont mind chopping, i dont chop so bad though that i have to stop playing, i think the board is too fast,

honestly i became attatched to my mr2 too, i had 3 other spyders and even an ion, and i sold them all to save up for a pmr, but i havent so willing to sell my mr2, ive tried 2 times and ended up just backing up

DjShaman
08-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Hello,

That's koo how you cant get rid of your MR2...there'something about that marker. Fusion over the Ion...yeah thats what I was thinking.

I will probably keep my MR2 aswell, I want to figure out how to do the trigger mod, but im not sure on how to do it.

chnk
08-27-2007, 04:46 AM
the trigger mod is real easy, it took me like a minute after i figured how to knock the pins out

and yea fusion over ion, i had an ion, and its not great unless the ion is upped, and from wha i heard fusions are pretty great

DjShaman
08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the responses!! This forum kicks ass!!!