PDA

View Full Version : sonix maintenance?

alienkid51
08-25-2007, 11:46 PM
i have a spyder sonix 2007 maintenance. i used it last night for the first time and fired maybe 300 or so paintballs through the gun and i probably won't use it for a while...how should i maintain it ? (i.e. like should i oil it and how and where do i oil it...?) btw should i do anything if there were some chops and barrel breaks?

vikingshadow
08-26-2007, 04:38 AM
First of all, great first(?) gun! And welcome to the forums! I assume you aren't new to the game since you know the difference between chops and barrel breaks...

All you really need to do to maintain the sonix is drop about 3 drops of Gold Cup or other suitable paintball gun oil (or air tool oil) into the ASA - the place you screw your tank into. Fire it WITHOUT PAINT about 10-15 times without the barrel on and your good to go.

If you have chops or barrel breaks, clean the paint and shell out first with a squeegie or rag, then shoot the oil through it. I'm not sure, but does the Sonix have a delrin bolt now? If so, make sure to wipe it down after shooting oil through it.

Kenny_McCormic
08-26-2007, 08:42 AM
The new sonix has a derlin bolt all you must do is put a few drops of oil in the asa and dry fire a few times also pull out the bolt and wipe it down then run a squeegee or ram a paper towel through the top tube to remove any paint. rinse the barrel down in hot water and dry it off and your done.

alienkid51
08-29-2007, 08:44 AM
would it be ok to use wd40 as lube?

oldironmudder
08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
NO!!! Use a lube made for paintball. I have been using Rem oil for guns for years now & no problems.