PDA

View Full Version : Argh

calebh
08-23-2007, 11:31 PM
so i FINALLY have a chance to finish my spimmy, the night before i leave for college. i get everything pretty much ready to put together, then go over to a friend's house to finish it off. for those of you who don't know, this has been in the works for a long time, and i'm doing it with an ESP frame, which really complicates things

anyway, after much drilling, dremeling, stuffing, fiddling, soldering, sawing, and sanding, the spimmy was all packed in and ready to be turned on. the LCD doesn't work. or rather, the board's connection to the LCD doesn't work. the noid still activated, so we decided to try it with air. it leaks... it works great, other than the leak... i think the orings on the ramsleeve are the problem, but that's more than i was willing to mess with at midnight, after 5 hours of messing with it already. it took a lot more work to pack everything in properly than i thought it would.

so, my spimmy has moved from unbuilt to broken, a slight improvement.

bamf-hacker
08-24-2007, 04:12 AM
That is what custom work is all about!

If it was not then we would all just buy Spimmys from the store right :)

You will get it worked out and then you will have a marker to be proud of.

applesauce
08-24-2007, 09:06 AM
is it just a soldering issue with the LCD?

Oscum Guy
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
sweeet dood!!!! UP SOME PICS!

calebh
08-25-2007, 05:40 PM
lol. it still looks like crap. and now it's 8 hours away. i just got moved into my dorm. i'm officially a student at tulane university now :D the body is all scratched up from taking paint off, and the frame is all scratched up from the clamps i used to hold it while working on it. i also don't have any eye cover screws, so the eyes are kind of hanging out of the frame at the moment. and the standard ASA holes haven't been tapped yet, so the ASA isn't hooked on right.

i'm going to finish it sooner or later. it's just been so long since i had a chance to really work on it that just getting all the parts put together was a major accomplishment, especially having to figure out to fit it all inside the ESP frame. i'm going to find out if tulane allows paintball markers on campus, and if they do, bring it up over thanksgiving. i'm also going to try to get a collegiate team started, since they don't have one yet. if i can get a team started, surely they'll let us have markers on campus...

oh, and no, it's not an issue with the LCD. the LCD works fine on my friend's timmy. it's something wrong with the board. maybe easily fixable, maybe not. i'll have to find out when i get a chance to work on it again.

Paintballadict18
08-25-2007, 06:47 PM
if they dont let u bring ur paintball gun on campus just poop in their cheerios