PDA

View Full Version : apex adapter sleeve

Dutchman
08-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know of a barrel that is compatible with this adapter?( and fits mr2)

and can the apex part of the apex barrel (the end) come apart from the barrel?

Heres a link to the adapter sleeve if you do not know what I'm talking about:

http://undergroundmodshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=47

chnk
08-23-2007, 03:23 PM
to answer your question, yes

it all depends if the barrel you plan to put the adaptor and apex on can fit the mr2,

scotty.68cal
08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
The J&J Ceramics should work easily with that adapter. I did a similar thing myself. The stepped portion of the J&J just so happens to be the same diameter as the rear portion of the Apex. Then I just wrapped the end of the barrel with electrical tape, keeping the tape flush with the end of the barrel, until I had it wrapped to the same thickness as the inner part of the Apex. I used a set of calipers to get the diameter the same. When you pull the Apex apart it's easy to see what I'm talking about. Only 4 little screws hold the two halves of the Apex together.

I only tried it since I already had the Apex from my other gun and the J&J for the MR 2 and I was bored one night. I haven't checked to see if the Apex for the Spyders will fit the MR 2 or not without any modifying.

On a side note the Spyder TL muzzle brake barrel fits the MR 2 just fine. Atleast that's what it was labeled as in the box o' barrels at a local shop.

Dutchman
08-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the input,

I do not own an apex but I'm thinking of getting one,

The reason I wanted the adapter was because I thought the apex barrel was too short.

How long is the apex barrel?

Thanks

scotty.68cal
08-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Mine measures at about 11 inches in overal length. I think that's a standard length for them, but don't quote me. You could use an adapter to gain an extra 2 inches or so, but then you'll run into the issue of that d@#( shroud. Whoever at Kingman decided to use that shroud like that should be slapped. That and a few other things on this gun makes me wonder if anyone there even plays paintball.

chnk
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
they probably thought it be cool and everyone would be happy with the stock barrel <,<

scotty.68cal
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
I think it does look good, but who's ever happy with stock? Maybe they'll make a replacement that'll be more accomadating (sp?).

chnk
08-24-2007, 03:41 AM
i was hoping i can fit a freak or all american barrel inside, i never tried yet but im pretty sure it wont fit

Dutchman
08-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Don't you need a barrel with no porting?

and it also has to be straight like the stock mr2 barrel.

Can anyone give me a link to a barrel like this that is 12 inches or longer?

Alien
08-24-2007, 12:40 PM
where can we get it in Canada?

scotty.68cal
08-24-2007, 05:30 PM
The guys at Hammerhead tell me that the barrel and fin for the MR 2 measure in at about 16 inches. But you'll be paying a fair amount for it. The J&J's fit great and you can get longer barrels from them. I tried my All American from my old Sheridan EXC 68 just out of curiosity and it wouldn't fit down the shroud. I imagine it would be the same for a spyder, just threaded differently. The Freaks I don't know about. That's about all the help I can give ya. I thought there was another thread around here that someone had compiled a list of accessories that fit the MR 2

Dutchman
08-25-2007, 05:58 AM
I think they have the adapters on ebay, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.

Thanks for all the feed back

Alien
08-28-2007, 06:32 AM
With that adapter no my barrel the barrel will lenght over 20"" ??

majorissuez99
08-30-2007, 06:30 PM
you can get the Apex adapters shipped to canada from www.hotshotpaintball.com
i live in BC Canada so yeah those guys at hot shot paintball carry the UMS stuff