PDA

View Full Version : need advice

ludecrasy87
08-21-2007, 01:07 PM
ok i own a black spyder xtra, w/ empire hopper, esp trigger from an old esprit, acs bolt, w/ stock barrel and soon hpa tank w/ regulator. I love this marker cuz its great in woodball and ok in speedball.
What i want to know is it worth getting the rocking trigger?
Like its 120 and everytime i go to stores im gettin told that it worth gettin another marker, like an electra or vs1 if wanting to stay w/ spyders. I ask why is that and their response is that xtra are way to tall and long, tips on speedball is smaller guns.
So im lost now, im not really new to the scene in paintball ive been renting for 2 yrs using different markers like their rentals tippmans and spyder, then decided to get my own. Almost on my fourth, i got more my father into paintball which he loves and enjoys using the xtra and i use an old victor. I was thinking by gettin the rocking trigger and my old e frame i can use it on my victor.

So im askin everyone here whats better route, to keep the xtra and mod the barrel, feed neck, rocking trigger?

Or get a vs1 or electra and just mod barrel, and feeder?

I have experience in the field, im no xtra body most of the time im at the fields i get tag cuz a fresh new guy runs to my side for cover pushes me out of my bunker or haystack. It really sucks when it happens especially cuz i never did it to noone before.
I play often like every other week 3 days straight and i definetly love sundays cuz of scenarios.

NeedForSpeed
08-21-2007, 01:25 PM
My advice to you is, get a VS2(not a VS1) and use the Victor as backup (if ever needed) or a lender to a friend.
I'm not a big fan of the rocking trigger myself but some people like it. I think it's a much better idea to get the VS2.

calebh
08-21-2007, 11:57 PM
they're all spyders. is there really that much of a difference in the size? does the xtra still have the beavertail and drop? that's the only thing i can think of that would change the size of a standard stacked tube blowback marker...

if you wanna keep your xtra, i'd put your old eframe on it, and invest in a more comfortable drop. keep in mind you'll probably need an adapter for the hose and for the drop, since kingman likes to be special.

Bilbo
08-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I had an Xtra for about a year. It was a great first marker, and it never failed me. Even after I got a new marker I kept it as a backup for a while.
That being said, I think for the amount you are going to sink into it you would be better off getting a new marker (or a used, but more advanced one). I have a Pilot, and it has been a very good marker. It is also a model you will do whatever your upgraded Xtra could do.
In the end, take a look at what your upgraded Xtra will have in terms of features. If you want to stick w/ Spyders, then look at their models and see what has those features. I think you will find it is easier and cheaper just to buy those features in a new(er) marker than to get yours to that point.

SupaSnipa
08-23-2007, 08:39 AM
My advice to you is, get a VS2(not a VS1) and use the Victor as backup (if ever needed) or a lender to a friend.
I'm not a big fan of the rocking trigger myself but some people like it. I think it's a much better idea to get the VS2.
:yeahthat:
I have a VS2 and I absolutely LOVE it! I think you'd be happier with a VS2 than just modding the xtra as I was going to mod my Imagine but I went with the VS2 and you should too.

ludecrasy87
08-23-2007, 12:21 PM
i noticed that the vs2 and 3 operate on low pressure. For now i wanna get an hpa tank to give it a try on my xtra then when i have my money for a vs ill have a tank ready.
But wonderin i only used and hpa tank onced which was at a shop and it was amazing bout the weight and can play any weather too. But the price for one dang, but i think its worth it, like my xtra is high pressure, planning on using the tank for it until i get a vs.
So can all hpa tanks be used on high and low?

pb34
08-23-2007, 12:43 PM
A high pressure tank will work on both guns. The only time you would ever need to use a low pressure tank is on some Angels.