PDA

View Full Version : upgrades

hudabom246
08-20-2007, 06:45 AM
how can i make my gun just all around better? my price range is around $120.
thanks.

Tcheno
08-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Get a CP reg and that's pretty much it with that budget.
It will be more air efficient/consistent

chnk
08-20-2007, 01:12 PM
theres more to it than just adding a cp reg, adding a cp reg would starve the gun,

if you add a cp reg youll need to add a new high flow valve, high flor valve pin, and springs atleast, then you might wanna ad an upgrade bolt,

and if you dont have a fast hopper id reccomend you get one

Tcheno
08-20-2007, 02:59 PM
theres more to it than just adding a cp reg, adding a cp reg would starve the gun,

if you add a cp reg youll need to add a new high flow valve, high flor valve pin, and springs atleast, then you might wanna ad an upgrade bolt,

and if you dont have a fast hopper id reccomend you get one

Not quite,

By installing a CP reg I'm not talking of goin LP.
Here´s what happens,
Since your stock MR only has on point of air regulation it will use what ever pressure is supplied by it so it can use up to 800psi. As some of the guys here should know, spyder usually only need about 600psi to run depending on the marker itself.
So, by supplying a second point of regulation, you can regulate the air usage of the marker to whatever psi it needs gaining a couple of extra shots per HPA bottle and nice shot grouping.

After you grow found of you MR2 and have the dough to do it you can then star to thing about really going LP. ;)

chnk
08-20-2007, 03:07 PM
cps have a max of 500 psi, you would atleast need a new valve to drop the pressure to around 500 psi

u could get one of those cp clones they sell on ebay that have a max of 600 psi, im not sure about getting 600 psi from a cp reg, mine doesnt go higher than 500, i went the extra mile to get mine running at 350 psi, but i do agree with you on the shot groupings,

Tcheno
08-20-2007, 03:12 PM
CP runs ant about 800psi an can be adjusted to output whatever pressure you want.
If your thinking on getting you market to work at around 300psi or lower you should think on getting an LP preset as you will gain higher consistency.

chnk
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
thats what i did, i put a new valve, pin, bolt, and springs in to get it to run at around 350 psi, i can get like 250 psi if i wanted, but the velocity would be like 180 fps

hmm thats strange i could of sworn the cp regs only go up to 500 psi, the store i bought it from even told me that,

this is new to me,

Tcheno
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Sorry I was wrong as you can see:

http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=22&categoryID=4

They can take a max input of 900psi and an LP preset should be used if running your marker under 200psi... my bad ;)

As a note I would like to say that I usually read/research before I buy the stuff. Everyone should do the same!

chnk
08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
thats fine i thought it had a maximum output of 900 psi until i asked the guy myself,