PDA

View Full Version : Colleges

xtraking
08-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Where do you all go to college?

For seniors like myself, where all you thinking about applying?

My top two are University of Scranton for the DPT program and university of Richmond.

calebh
08-19-2007, 09:36 AM
i'm heading to tulane for my freshman year friday. :D

durrell
08-19-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm applying to NC State as a transfer student on August 31st. I'll be heading up there next fall as a junior. :)

oldironmudder
08-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I went to Nashville Auto Diesel College :o

wylde01
08-19-2007, 11:41 AM
if all goes well i will be applying and attending the University of Oklahoma next fall. either majoring in music or engineering. i just need to raise my act score 2 points to get off of the waiting list.

vwjimmy
08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Graduated from San Diego State University in 1987......

Live2Play
08-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Le Moyne College for 4 years for a major in biological sciences, then 3 years at upstate for my DPT

vikingshadow
08-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Southwestern Oklahoma State University alumnist 1989 - BS in Commercial Art (emphasis in advertising/graphic design and drama.)

Northwestern Oklahoma State University alumnist 1994 - BS in Education (emphaisis in Early Childhood Education.)

Working on National Board Certification, then getting a Master's in Education from Oklahoma State University. After that, Doctorate in Education, circa 2031 :rolleyes:....

xtraking
08-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Le Moyne College for 4 years for a major in biological sciences, then 3 years at upstate for my DPT
Really? Where else you looking? I start my internship at St. Joes hospital tomorrow so hopefully I like it.

timmyshoota
08-19-2007, 02:54 PM
No more William and Mary Hopp?

I'm in Community College for another 2 years and then Old Dominion University. I'm taking my time with college. :rolleyes:

marvin-martian
08-19-2007, 03:07 PM
what campus chris?
community college for the first year or 2. maybe my mom will learn something about money by then, and i will transfer to something like james madison university or virginia tech.

timmyshoota
08-19-2007, 03:11 PM
VB campus. I probably won't be going until the second 8 weeks of this semester. Don't have any money right now for tuition, so I'll do the 8 week classes.

HelpDeskHustler
08-19-2007, 03:40 PM
put in an early app at Miami University.

xtraking
08-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Chris I might try for W & M, but as of now no. My gpa is there but sat scores arent and just havent really looked at it.
For those wondering average gpa from my highschool that gets in is a 3.9 and sat score is 1400 haha.
My schools gpa screws us up though. For example, an 88% is a B and = a 3.0.

leed
08-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm looking into NC State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, and Michigan Tech. Maybe even UNC Charlotte.

My GPA is terrible.. I have like a 2.8 average, but my SAT is 1700. I want to take it at least two more times (I've only taken it once), as well as take the SATII in Physics and maybe take the ACT if it helps me at all. I am losing time, so I will probably have to quit paintball and all other extracurriculars for a semester to low time consumption and put these things in front.

xtraking
08-20-2007, 04:40 AM
What was your score out of 1600 leed?
And im off for my internship. great googaly moogaly.

HelpDeskHustler
08-20-2007, 05:12 AM
Chris I might try for W & M, but as of now no. My gpa is there but sat scores arent and just havent really looked at it.
For those wondering average gpa from my highschool that gets in is a 3.9 and sat score is 1400 haha.
My schools gpa screws us up though. For example, an 88% is a B and = a 3.0.
Is that new or old SAT... if that's old SAT I feel really dumb with my 1290(1860 new)
My school uses some goofy 4.3 GPA scale that's meant to make a 4.0=4.0 public school wise, but it just makes things confusing for students.

IDK, I'm really appreciating my school now that I see other people from other schools cramming **** in their senior year. I have already taken the SAT twice, the ACT + writing once. I have 3 college recommendations from teachers as of June last year, two of whom are Doctors (IDK if that looks better or not). I've submitted massive amounts of information to my guidance councilor so he can write a letter of recommendation which is fitting. I've visited 5 colleges, submitted two applications. And now I'm taking some good courses and I'll have plenty of time for my paintball club along with the occasional problem solving for theater crew, followed up by my heavy videogame addiction, plus I'll still have time for other junk.

durrell
08-20-2007, 05:22 AM
lol Claus

My senior year basically consisted of my freshman year of college. I took like one English class for my senior year and the rest were college classes. It paid off though, I'll have my associates degree at the end of this year (hopefully).

HelpDeskHustler
08-20-2007, 05:24 AM
lol Claus

My senior year basically consisted of my freshman year of college. I took like one English class for my senior year and the rest were college classes. It paid off though, I'll have my associates degree at the end of this year (hopefully).

so you just like decked yourself with AP credits? or did you really take classes at a college?

Live2Play
08-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Really? Where else you looking? I start my internship at St. Joes hospital tomorrow so hopefully I like it.

I wasn't originally going to do PT, I went into Le Moyne Undeclared...but now that I know what I want to do and enjoy the school, I'm just going to stay put. Definitely do the interning though, because that way you will find out if you really like PT or not. It would be pointless to bust your butt in school and then not like your job. A buddy of mine who was going to do PT was gonna go to Daemen up in the Buffalo area. He did some shadowing, realized this wasn't the major for him and is now going to the local community college, then to the troopers academy for criminal justice. Good luck bro

Solar
08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Rutgers University School of Engineering Class of 2006. (BS in Structural Engineering)

HelpDeskHustler
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
lol Claus
lol wut?

Hoppy11
08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Sophmore Architecture Major at Larwence Tech University

alienkid51
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
uc san diego for 4 years hopefully...i ship off a month from yesterday i believe :)

splater18
08-20-2007, 02:15 PM
i'm heading to tulane for my freshman year friday. :D

party city you mean lol i have good places to play painball there too

you will like the french quater lol trust me

timmyshoota
08-20-2007, 05:09 PM
I scored a 1350 on the old SAT back in like 7th grade. I never took it in high school. :( I could be at a university if I had just taken the SAT in high school.

xtraking
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I wasn't originally going to do PT, I went into Le Moyne Undeclared...but now that I know what I want to do and enjoy the school, I'm just going to stay put. Definitely do the interning though, because that way you will find out if you really like PT or not. It would be pointless to bust your butt in school and then not like your job. A buddy of mine who was going to do PT was gonna go to Daemen up in the Buffalo area. He did some shadowing, realized this wasn't the major for him and is now going to the local community college, then to the troopers academy for criminal justice. Good luck bro

I did a full day of shadowing today and it was intense. I like it alot though because just seeing the improvement these people get is really rewarding and not only that, but evrybody says they love their job. See my one thread for more info haha.

Are you a fresh in college?

Moe
08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Sophomore nothing major at western illinois. I'm probably going to go with recreation, parks, and tourism admin.

College is fun, been here a week and no s.ober nights have happened.

ebit: baha, ***er is edited....