PDA

View Full Version : Board freezing from Co2??

ethanp123
08-18-2007, 12:29 PM
im currently using Co2 gas with my pilot acs...and i hear ppl telling me to switch to compressed air..because they said that in about 6 months, my electronic board will freeze and not work, due to the Co2...does anyone know if this is true or not?

ps: isnt the marker supposed to be compatible with Co2 (which is wut it says for the gun on the site)?

this better not happen...if it does, its ur ass spyder......lolz...but seriously..anyone no the answer?

paintballkid0206
08-18-2007, 12:42 PM
the Co2 should not ruin the board because the Pilot is Co2 compatible. idk why they would tell you that. but it is able to run on Co2. so it should be fine

oldironmudder
08-18-2007, 12:43 PM
It will run perfectly fine on CO2. Been doing it for over five years & only problems from the boards are tinkering.

MVS1
08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
co2 freezing your board is complete B.S., whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about.

Nuwwave
08-18-2007, 01:59 PM
There are a lot of advantages of HPA and some disadvantages to using Co2, but you will not harm your marker with either one.

You may break a o-ring once in a while, but thats it!

Hossy
08-18-2007, 02:35 PM
co2 freezing your board is complete B.S., whoever told you that has no idea what they are talking about.

ask us, not your friends or what not. weve been in the sport and you will get great answers. We know what were talking about, and maybe you could invite your friends to come here too.

Co2 will be fine. HPA (air) is better for the gun, but if you only plan to use a spyder, its not necessary. HPA can only be used on some guns, but those are more Higher end than a spyder, a low end marker.
Co2 is perfectly fine. For your level, you probably dont need to get HPA now, but it is a good upgrade for the future

ethanp123
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
thks guys............HPA is definitely something id wana get in the future...but for now i just wanted to make sure that my Co2 tank wud do the job properly....

Nuwwave
08-18-2007, 08:21 PM
But you may still want to look into an On/Off ASA. It make things alot easier.

Only problem is spyders are not easily compatible with ASAs.