PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Full auto jam

osofastferu
08-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi guys new to the forums but been reading it for awhile now. I just got my gun about 3 weeks ago and have played about three games with it. This is my setup
MR2 SYPDER
Halo-B hopper
CCM Feedneck
Intimidator detents
9 0z aluminum CO2 tank

Here's my prob, when I go full auto or even three round burst, after about
15-20 shots i have to re-cock it again. anyone here know what else i can add to fix this problem??? I lube it before and after every game.

chnk
08-17-2007, 02:59 PM
break in the acs bolt, jamming with a halo b shouldnt be that bad, i get occasional jams but not alot,

take out the bolt, take the bolt apart take the spring out of the acs bolt, and find some way to compress it for a long time,

like put it on the ground face up and put a brick on top of it, and let it sit there overnight

osofastferu
08-17-2007, 03:17 PM
break in the acs bolt, jamming with a halo b shouldnt be that bad, i get occasional jams but not alot,

take out the bolt, take the bolt apart take the spring out of the acs bolt, and find some way to compress it for a long time,

like put it on the ground face up and put a brick on top of it, and let it sit there overnight

Really??? this is really going to work???:confused:

chnk
08-17-2007, 03:41 PM
yea, if you just recently bought yours then the spring probably needs to be broken in,

there is another thread on this somewhere,

osofastferu
08-17-2007, 03:48 PM
yea, if you just recently bought yours then the spring probably needs to be broken in,

there is another thread on this somewhere,

Yea i seen that other thread, but thought maybe there was something in my setup causing it, i'll try it out, thanks for the advice.

wylde01
08-17-2007, 06:37 PM
why take the bolt apart????? ive been in this sport along time and have never heard what you just said. just break in the bolt like everyone else and you should be ok.

chnk
08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
why take the bolt apart????? ive been in this sport along time and have never heard what you just said. just break in the bolt like everyone else and you should be ok.

thats what i was told on pbnation a while back

the acs bolt is held together by a small screw, you take the screw out and the bolt comes apart in 4 pieces,
the bolt, a spring and a metal part, and the bolt pinyou take the spring and have it compressed for a while, it breaks it in quicker,

when i started out, i had people tell me from other forums to do something like compress the spring like 2000 times by hand,
and someone gave me a suggestion like use a cabinet

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 07:33 PM
If you cock the gun wont that compress the spring and save you the trouble of taking even the bolt out? then just leave your gun overnight?

chnk
08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
If you cock the gun wont that compress the spring and save you the trouble of taking even the bolt out? then just leave your gun overnight?

it wont compress as much, the way i said would do it way faster, cocking the gun would weaken your main spring at the same time, but then agian springs for spyders are cheap

so i should of mentioned cocking the gun first

Kenny_McCormic
08-17-2007, 09:37 PM
cocking it will only weaken you main spring. remove the bolt and use a vice or some clamps to hold it in the compressed position leave it for a week or so.

D-rail
08-18-2007, 03:06 PM
I have a way that worked perfect for me....

1. Pull out your bolt. (it's easy)
2. Get a butterknife.
3. Compress the spring back with your fingers.
4. Put the butterknife in the gap to hold the spring back (compressed).

I did this, it didn't hurt anyhting (dents,scrapes,etc.) and it worked PERFECT! I left it for a few days like that and WHAMO - broken in ACS bolt :p

chnk
08-18-2007, 05:22 PM
^ another excellent suggestion