PDA

View Full Version : slow leak?

Hot Shot
08-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Hi there,
So i set my psi at 240 ish and take a shot, and then the psi goes back to 240 then starts raising above that slowly all the way over 300

Do i have a leak or is my reg broken or something :confused:

Elfmaze
08-17-2007, 06:32 AM
just stupid question but is this CO2 or Air? CO2 can keep raising in pressure rapidly when it warms up after a shot.

If you're shooting air. whats the lowest pressure you can set it to and have it recock? Sounds like you're reg might be turned up too high and that is just the chamber recharging.

Hot Shot
08-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Im running air.
Id say the lowest would be 220.
I was having trouble for awhile with it not recocking so i brought it to my tech and she turned it up.
Ill tryin turning it down and test it out
will i blow my reg if i fire it over 300?

Elfmaze
08-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Not you're reg, But it will thrash the guage if it hasn't already. Plus when the gun is overpressurized it will start acting funny and possible lock the valve open thus dumping every bit of gas you have in the gun. I just sent mine back to kingman to have it gone over. they were friendly and didn't ask too many questions. i just had to pay shipping to have it sent home.

oldironmudder
08-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Have you oil/greased your reg? Ive read that you should strip the reg down & put dow 33 on it rather than normal oil.