PDA

View Full Version : Football Experience?

Paradox313
08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Does anyone have much football experience around here? As mentioned in an earlier thread of mine I joined the 6man High School Football Team, and unbelievably I made Unknown String Quarterback.
I don't really do much of anything football related so can you guys give me a few pointers?

Hossy
08-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Lead the passer
If it his him at all, he should of cought it.
Know the routes that your WR's will run, and if you know they will run it right, time it and throw it to a spot, so he can adjust more.
work on your arm
use the laces to throw a football.
dont go the wrong way.
have fun

thats about all i got for 3 in the morning

thechubbss12
08-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Heh.. I was a Captin of my High Schools 6a football team.. All up until that day i got kicked off....

Work hard dude... Run Run Run... Practice and never think twice about what you are doing right, only focus on what your are doing wronge....

pbfreak3221
08-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Practice hard, know the plays, lead your reciever, communication with your coach and team.

oldironmudder
08-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Do pretty much what the others have said. After 3 years at lineman, linebacker, a bit of running back and a tore up back & knees Ive learned to strech & focus on tyhe plays. I used to sit in class & write out all the plays for my position & everyone in the trench.

STRIKEFIRST
08-18-2007, 03:50 AM
If you're QB let your linemen know you appreciate them on a regular basis...they'll dig a little deeper for you.

As QB NEVER PANIC. Work on your throwing form and run run run.

Here's a little advice from an old stunting D tackle...If a defensive player breaks through anf you're dropped back to pass and you spot him...DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT!!! DO NOT LET YOUR EYE GET WIDE like oh crap I'm about to die!!! squint dig and don't panic...My favorite thing was when I broke threw and I saw the QB's eyes go into I'm dead mode...I'm salivating just thinking about it....

LostCause
08-19-2007, 04:55 AM
Im A defenseive palyer.....so ill give you a tip that should be moe obvios but QB's do it anyway...

NEVER THROW IT HIGH ACROSS THE MIDDEL (you make my job, FS, so easy, free hit to knock the guy out...i love those throws)

Always know what the defense is in, they have one back they have to be in Cover 3 or Man-free...just my only hint (im defense...dont liek offence ppl...to much of babies)

Oh and always throw away from the D, and throw colse to the body of the reciver, not to high or low.

oldironmudder
08-19-2007, 07:56 AM
(im defense...dont liek offence ppl...to much of babies)

LMAO Ive seen quite a few like that!!

paintballkid0206
08-19-2007, 09:29 AM
i play middle linebacker and fullback, and i have played for 5 years (4th grade-this year). DONT GET SACKED! lol jp. you will eventually get sacked, so dont go makin a big deal about it when you do. just do what everybody else says, and you will do fine. when you hand the ball off, stay tight and dont hold the ball out forever, so the defense wont see the ball as easy. so... yea jsut do what everybody has said so far and you will do fine. main rule--HAVE FUN!

ps- offensive players arent babies. i'm the hardest hitter on my football team. (trust me). i play most of the game, every game. there really wasnt another decent fullback on our team. i maybe got 1 water break in the whole game (if i didnt get hurt. if i got hurt i would get more bench time [i hate bench time lol]) wow this is a long ps :p

pugster
08-19-2007, 09:34 AM
i play middle linebacker and quarterback on my peewee team,(what a combination) beware that i live in canada so my tips may be a lil' different.
being the toughest guy on my team, and quarterback, i know that sometimes all gos to hell, when that happens, get as many yards as you can, and ffs don't slide, sliding is for wussies.

LostCause
08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
i play middle linebacker and fullback, and i have played for 5 years (4th grade-this year). DONT GET SACKED! lol jp. you will eventually get sacked, so dont go makin a big deal about it when you do. just do what everybody else says, and you will do fine. when you hand the ball off, stay tight and dont hold the ball out forever, so the defense wont see the ball as easy. so... yea jsut do what everybody has said so far and you will do fine. main rule--HAVE FUN!

ps- offensive players arent babies. i'm the hardest hitter on my football team. (trust me). i play most of the game, every game. there really wasnt another decent fullback on our team. i maybe got 1 water break in the whole game (if i didnt get hurt. if i got hurt i would get more bench time [i hate bench time lol]) wow this is a long ps :p

your a excetion you played D lol

Paradox313
08-19-2007, 10:39 AM
The thing with 6-man is the rules are really different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-man_football

We have some pretty fast runners/Excellent catchers. Im pretty good at leading the reciever, but I could use some more work.
My team isn't really big, so that's most likely going to be a problem.

paintballkid0206
08-19-2007, 11:58 AM
your a excetion you played D lol

true. i do like defense more cuz i get to tackle ppl. if i would try to do that on offense they would call a penalty on me lol :p

LostCause
08-19-2007, 12:23 PM
The thing with 6-man is the rules are really different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-man_football

We have some pretty fast runners/Excellent catchers. Im pretty good at leading the reciever, but I could use some more work.
My team isn't really big, so that's most likely going to be a problem.

Never think that size matters, cause it doesnt. A small team can beat a bigger team if they
One: Dont get afraid of the other team's size
TWo:PLAY SMARTER!
Three:Spread them out

Paradox313
08-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Our linebackers are tiny.

LostCause
08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
i've seen small dudes rock the ppl....cause they have the adventage, lower man always wins

Moe
08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Be confident, that is all. Don't second guess yourself. The minute you do you will get stuck, hard.