PDA

View Full Version : New Ghillies Suit

SharpShooter
08-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey everyone, my uncle is sending me a military ghillie suit, and it's actually from the Canadian Army. I was wondering, should I use it when I go woodsballing with my friends in a few weeks? I have an MR1, with a 20" Smart Parts barrel, but everything else is stock. I'm thinking of buying a red dot sight for it. But back to the question, should I use that ghillie suit? Just wondering. Thanks.:D

Opteron-O3
08-17-2007, 04:57 AM
If you're speedballing no. If you're playing woods only. Then it's up to you.

Taillo
08-17-2007, 08:14 AM
one tricky thing with ghillie suits is when you get hit , its not easy to paint check yourself. The other thing is, its hot inside it. Once you get trough these difficulties, you are almost invisible. You wont be able to stay in the same spot sniping everyone, once you shoot, you get spot. But the surprise effect is garanteed.

DRCeccato
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
check what you're local field rules are.

Our field says if you get hit and there's no break keep playing, though if you're in a ghillies suit and you get hit, you're out automatically. Even if there is no break you have to call it.

Personally, I'd rather take a few hits and keep the charge rather than have to call every shot.

vikingshadow
08-17-2007, 02:21 PM
If you fart a lot, don't go with a ghillie!

I guess if you're into that kind of paintball, more power to ya - personally, I think it takes the fun out of the game...but that's just me.

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I use a ghillie all the time and love it, you have a ver conciderable edge. IMO You dont have to move evertime you shoot, you only have to move if your shooting like a rabbid heavey support player. Move slow, pick your shoots and play smart and your suit wont let you down. I dont find them that hot even you are moving slower so that movment doesnt give you away and your in the shade of the bush so its not that bad. Give it a chance you just may want to move your primary setup to sniper. I use a burlap style ghillie that is four peice, head, torso, legs and gunwrap I find them better than a scrimp camo kind. If you play your game right and stick to the basics you will have alot of sucssess, my last 3 games sniping are as fallows...
26 kills 4 deaths
20 kills 1 death
6 kills 1 death

I also have a little better sniping setup to but try the position first and see if you like it before you spend money getting the other gear I suppose. I do recomend a red dot sight though, or some other form of accurate sight. That is a huge part of sniping is your 1 shot kill.
But good luck, I suggest trying it. Either way post and let me know how it turned out for you.

Ace24
08-17-2007, 10:35 PM
If you fart a lot, don't go with a ghillie!
Sigged... hahaha.

I personally don't like the entire suit. I do the sniper position (20" is overkill dude. But, it's your air.) and I made a camo head thinger with a sandana and strips of camo bandana cut up and sew'd on. That and I have strips of camo coming down from my mask. Works fine for me because usually the only thing they see is my head, considering my body is usually flat with the ground and pretty well covered. I also made a camo wrap for my gun. (Consisting of more strips from a bandana tied around the gun)

agurish
08-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Ghillies are the ultimate in camoflage. If you are a "sniper" and like the hide-and -seek style of play, then go for it. I don't have a ghillie yet myself, but plan on getting/making one soon. I have full camo, which is ok, but know that my "game" would be that much better if I was able to hide more effectively.

-AGURISH

SharpShooter
08-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I should be getting it soon. My uncle just got robbed of all his stuff except his ghillie suit lol. Lucky for me. He said I'll get it in about another week or so. I've also been looking at videos for ghillie suit camoflauge and hiding techniques. If anyone has any useful info to share about them, post here?

EDIT- Oh, and Ace24, I think the 20" isn't too long. I use it all the time when I go woodsballing. Perfect accuracy, it's like the best part of my gun so far lol.

oldironmudder
08-25-2007, 09:12 AM
I've also been looking at videos for ghillie suit camoflauge and hiding techniques. If anyone has any useful info to share about them, post here?

Watch the history channel when they talk about Marine Corp snipers. Every so often they run their 4-6 hours worth of sniper stuff. Also watch war movies.

Griff
08-25-2007, 11:54 AM
there great but to obtain there full effect you only move very slowly. I think it was like 5 ft an hour or so. GREAT FOR AMBUSHES!

agurish
08-29-2007, 03:15 AM
Go to www.youtube.com, and type "sniper school" in the search box. There's a whole list of videos specifically about a group of snipers going to school, and it's an excellent resource for learning by proxy about how to look, act, and hide like a "real" sniper.

-AGURISH