PDA

View Full Version : I hate Mp3 players!!!!!

08Lud08
08-16-2007, 07:09 PM
My mp3 player was in my pocket and when I took it out of my pocket later this is what I found.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/lud_08/HPIM1785.jpg

The screen cracked off in the corner causing a 1/4 of the screen to be white and a whole bunch of white lines on the screen. I just got it for my birthday on march 8 about 6 months ago so its still in the 1 year warranty right? Wrong, I emailed creative and they said its out of warranty because of physical damage. I found that strange because I never dropped it once and Its basically brand new. I looked and found like 100's of forums and other sites of people complaining how their creative zen vision M screens cracking for no apparent reason.

The thing that is really pissing me off even more because I have another creative mp3 player that the harddrive failed after a year and they say that is also because of physical damage. It seems that every problem that can go wrong they can blame on physical damage even though it is a common problem with a large portion of their products.

Then funny thing about my mp3 player with the failed harddrive (zen microphoto) is I found on another forum that you can fix it by banging it on a desk of hard object. I did it and it worked. Its funny how actual physical damage can fix a product.

marvin-martian
08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
invest in a zune ftw.

shunut
08-16-2007, 08:50 PM
I have a Creative Zen Vision M and haven't had a single problem with it. I have dropped it once or twice but I have a hard plastic case to protect it. Before I got this one I had a Creative Muvo TX and never had a problem with that either. Thats why I stuck with Creative. Sorry yours broke, that really sucks. Did they say the screen can be replaced?

marvin-martian
08-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Did they say the screen can be replaced?
someone in ST:T says they asked him 85 to replace it.

shunut
08-16-2007, 08:54 PM
I guess thats cheaper than buying a new one :shrug: Still sucks.

VS3 Sniper
08-16-2007, 09:29 PM
get an ipod or zune. I have had both and was pleased with them both.

Paintballadict18
08-16-2007, 10:01 PM
:yeahthat:
srry to here that happpened stupid warrantys...

MR2 Woodsballer
08-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I know one of my friends was in masonary class and forgot he had his ipod in his pocket. Next thing he knows screen compleately smashed while he was working. He called Apple and they sent him a box to ship it in, 1-2 weeks later brand new ipod. Great Warrantys

HelpDeskHustler
08-17-2007, 06:29 AM
free zune via club.live.com

marvin-martian
08-17-2007, 07:11 AM
free zune via club.live.com
haha. good luck on that...

VS2 King
08-17-2007, 07:38 AM
see i dont understand why ppl buy other brand of mp3 players other than apple. there is really no point. apple has the reliability and warranty of greatness. i have been buying ipods ever since they came out. the only problem i have ever had with them is the battery dieing alot. but all you have to do is buy a new battery and bam it works. so just think when ppl buy you stuff and when you buy it.

marvin-martian
08-17-2007, 07:43 AM
because ipods suck compared to the others...

VS2 King
08-17-2007, 08:04 AM
ipods do not suck. they are prolly the best mp3 players out there.

marvin-martian
08-17-2007, 08:05 AM
if you say so...

Hossy
08-17-2007, 08:13 AM
ipods do not suck. they are prolly the best mp3 players out there.

Opinion statement.

Everyone has things they want out of a MP3 player. It varies.

paintballer5646
08-17-2007, 08:17 AM
see i dont understand why ppl buy other brand of mp3 players other than apple. there is really no point. apple has the reliability and warranty of greatness. i have been buying ipods ever since they came out. the only problem i have ever had with them is the battery dieing alot. but all you have to do is buy a new battery and bam it works. so just think when ppl buy you stuff and when you buy it.

They don't have very good reliability, my sister has had 2 break on her, my dad had has one, I've had 1 then the one i got from the warranty break on me. They would work one day then not turn on the next. The warranty is decent but I don't want to drive 45 minutes or wait for them to send me a box, send it in, wait, wait, etc. Nothing has ever been wrong with my zune, its so nice.

HelpDeskHustler
08-17-2007, 08:24 AM
ipods are overrated. theres nothing like the feeling of buying a new ipod and feeling like the coolest kid on the block until another model comes out in 2 weeks.

shunut
08-17-2007, 08:27 AM
My sisters all have iPod Nanos, and have had nothing but problems with them. I have had 2 Creative mp3 players and have never had a single problem with either. Plus, my program to transfer music/videos is so much easier to use than iPod's. My little sisters can't load music on to their iPods on their own, they have to have my mom, who is a computer programmer do it. She even had trouble the first couple times doing it.

In all honesty it all comes down to personal preference. iPods seem to be one of those love or hate type things. Personally, I'd never buy one.

HelpDeskHustler
08-17-2007, 08:37 AM
in the ranking of most annoying music service it goes like so:

1. REAL PLAYER (**** REAL PLAYER should be it's name)
2. iTunes (aka SYNC EVERY *** ****ed minute you're open, then require a credit card to use prepaid cards, and please ALWAYS ad yourself to the boot cycle)
3. windows media player (take an hour to load, never detect my devices, and run in the backround for no reason to bog down my comp)

calebh
08-17-2007, 11:13 AM
as a matter of principle, i avoid proprietary anything. also as a matter of principle, i don't touch DRM. so i never bought an ipod. but i was given one recently.

for the past forever, i've ripped all my CDs into unprotected WMA. WMA, unlike apple's AAC, is recognized and used nearly as much as mp3, so i rarely had a problem. then i installed itunes (and apparently quicktime, which wasn't optional). it immediately took my 10 gigs of WMA files and started to convert them to AAC, doubling the amount of harddrive space my music takes up.

i now have WMP, itunes, quicktime (3 different media players, 2 of which play the same filetypes), and a music store that i will never use installed on my computer, in addition to the 10 gigs of AAC files that can only be used on my ipod. either that's getting fixed, or the ipod is getting passed on.

for nearly 2 years, i've had a sansa. it still works great, and it's a breeze to use. if the ipod doesn't work out, i'll be buying another one of those.

Ace24
08-17-2007, 11:29 AM
3 of my friends have the Creative Zen Vision M and swear by it. Never had any problems with theirs. :(

bamf-hacker
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I just picked up a few 4g Sansa's and love them. My wife who is not very techy uses hers and has no issues with it. I like it because it has a memory slot so you can add more tunes if you really want to.

And sorry your broke buddy. :(

08Lud08
08-17-2007, 12:45 PM
creative is a great brand, I say their players are better than the ipod its just that a lot of them have common problems and I think they make the warranty to go around the problem so they can get extra cash. I got the zen vision M because It has a built in mic, radio, and higher quality screen.

The only problems are that it is almost impossible to put dvds on it. All the free converters only convert to mp4 (Ipod format) and then I have to convert it to another format and since my computers are slow this can take 4+hours for one movie. I don't want to get a zune because they are bigger than zen vision M.

I'm going to buy an ipod video, because the warranty is better and also its a little less than half the size of the zen vision m. Also they have every attachment and accessory that you can think of. creative isn't a bad brand they just don't care about the customer to charge them $100 for every repair, even though they already paid over $200 for it 6 months ago.

Ace24
08-17-2007, 09:44 PM
and higher quality screen.

Resolution. The screens are cheap crap that can break easily, as proven here. I will agree that the resolution is outstanding though. iPoods lack that.

Nenkitsune
08-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Tch, Ipod nothing. Once I get a ne hard drive for my Olympus MROBE 500i, I can play DOOM on it. Can you play DOOM on an ipod? I thought not.

Oh, and I can draw on it. Apparently they're close to getting a functional OS on it too.

oh. looks like the got linux working on it with the exploited firmware. sweet. No audio in linux though since no one made drivers to run with the m:robes hardware. Doom was more of a proof of concept to find out if they really could exploit the drivers to run 3rd party software. basically, you can't really "play" the game, but you can run around a bit in doom. Neat little thing if I do say so myself. My harddrive broke but luckily it uses 2nd gen ipod drives which are EVERYWHERE. I also squeezed in an ipod battery so I get like 20 hours worth of life out of it.

08Lud08
08-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Resolution. The screens are cheap crap that can break easily, as proven here. I will agree that the resolution is outstanding though. iPoods lack that.
Thats what I meant, I couldn't think of the word.

Nenkitsune is the Olympus MROBE 500i that Mp3 player that has a camera and came out a couple years ago? I wanted one when they came out but I remember them being like $400

vwjimmy
08-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, here is my .02
We are an ipod family....Jimmy has an old 10 gig, camo a 4 gig mini, Susan just inhereted my 4 gig mini and I have a new 30gig video. We also have two phones with ipod software in them. (Rokr and a Slvr)The first thing I do when I install i-tunes is tell it 2 things:
1. Use .mpg format
2. Do not auto-sync
I have to say that besides a few mini bateries, we have never had a problem with them. It has been 4 1/2 years that we have been ipod owners and they have been awesome! I guess we went with them at first because their interface was so much better than anyone elses at the time.
I have also used a friends Zune and liked it too!
I think I would make another call to Creative and talk to a supervisor....I think they will help if you nicely push....
Bummer it broke, but good luck fighting them!

08Lud08
08-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Once I get my ipod video its not my problem any more, I'm gonna give it to my mom or brother they can worry about fixing it.