PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade internals

slim and shady
08-16-2007, 06:16 PM
I want to upgrade my internals on my MR2 and was woundering if anyone had any suggestions on what is best to get. I am looking for anything from regulators, spring kits to expansion chambers and bolts. I am looking for the best there is! If anyone knows, I wouldnt mind if they posted the estimated price of the parts either.
Thank you in advance to all who reply.

chnk
08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
if you want the best performance from your mr2 it be best to go low pressure, it makes your gun more silent, less of a kick, better consistancy, better efficiency, accuracy(this depends on your reg), less blowback, and more shots per tank, but to do this look to spend around $100

here is a list of what id get

-cp shorty or long reg - anywhere from $30-$70
-maddman spring kit - $10
-maganport, turbo, aka valve, maddam, new designs, bandits, (if you're low on cash id reccommend the new designz or bandit, if you have cash go ahead and get the maddam rocket, if you have really low cash go ahead and get a magna port or turnbo they are alright but not the greatest) - make sure they come with the pin - $10-$40 depending on the valve you pick
-id reccommend polishing your striker (if you want to buy one get an acp derlin striker with o-rings, would not reccommend buying one unless you want to spend more time tuning your gun) - (free or $5 for sandpaper and metal polish)($30 for the acp striker)
-bolt - get a acp low blow (with 3 orings), aka tornado, or if you want to spend cash get an orange speedwave ($30-$60)

i spent a little over $100 (excluding all the non internal upgrades) by waiting patiently on ebay auctions
here is my list of everything ive spent on my mr2
-cp shorty reg $55
-spring kit - $3
-timmy detents - $1
-acp low blow bolt - $20
-acp derlin striker - $20 (eh i kind of looked back on buying this one)
-mangaport valve - $10
-j&j 14" - $30
-eggy II - $35 (im selling this, way to slow for me)
shipping for all of this ads up to like $20
total - $194 + $120 for the mr2

but foreal if you just want some good up internals without going low pressure id say just get an acp low blow bolt ,spring kit, polishing the striker, and maybe a vlave pin all those other upgrades i mentioned will just give you problems if you dont plan to go low pressure

slim and shady
08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I just want my gun to preform the best it can, cost isnt a huge problem, any other sugestions?

chnk
08-16-2007, 07:31 PM
well if cash isnt a problem here is wha id get,

acp low blow 3orings - $30
acp derlin striker with oring - $30
maddam spring kit - $10
maddam rocket valve - $40
cp shorty or long reg with gauge - $50-$60
cp on/off asa with rail mounting - $25
macorline and macroline fittings - $10
mr2 sick trigger - $30
mr/vs/eletra verC tboard with eyes - $60
laser eyes - $15 (not neccessar but looks cool)
then id have your mr2 milled for eyes,

slim and shady
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
OK her are a few more questions.....
I thought 3 oring bolts were supposed to tear appart detents and that you were supposed to just get a 2 oring bolt?
Can you explain the sick trigger to me? never heard of it before.
Where would I get it milled for eyes? a general machine shop or a paintball tech?

chnk
08-16-2007, 09:55 PM
the 3 ring im thinking about inst in the detent area

sick trigger its just a personal preference thinghttp://cgi.ebay.com/TRINITY-SPYDER-MR3-MR2-SICK-TRIGGER-Paintball_W0QQitemZ180138439214QQihZ008QQcategoryZ 10554QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem its just my favorite style of trigger, i dont mind the mr2 trigger but after i put one on my ion it want one for my mr2 now, you could go for this one also http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/1583576/4505527.htm

as for eyes you just get a template which im still working on, and tell the machinist guy where to drill and have them do it,

the trigger and eyes arent really neccessary, its just something i havent gotten to yet

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 06:47 AM
One more quick question, are those prices in US or Canadian?

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Would you mind giving me a brife description on each mentioned iteam how it would help? Or the diferences I would notice in my markers preformence?
thanks again

pb34
08-17-2007, 07:31 AM
well if cash isnt a problem here is wha id get,

acp low blow 3orings - $30I would stay away from the low blow bolt. Just go for an ACP 2 o-ring normal bolt. A bolt with o-rings help you lower your pressure because it has a better seal.
acp derlin striker with oring - $30The ACP striker is helpful because it will reduce some kick. It is lighter therefore doesn't need as much pressure to re-cock. But it will require some tuning with springs to get it right.
maddam spring kit - $10 This helps to tune your gun to exactly the pressure you want.
maddam rocket valve - $40The rocket valve has a much better flow rate than a stock valve therefore letting you lower your pressure more. Again this will require some tuning.
cp shorty or long reg with gauge - $50-$60This gives you the ability to regulate the hpa/co2 going into your marker. This helps you to lower your pressure.
cp on/off asa with rail mounting - $25Not necessary but very nice to have when your taking your tank off.
macorline and macroline fittings - $10Again not necessary but it's cheap and easy to replace.
mr2 sick trigger - $30Preference.
mr/vs/eletra verC tboard with eyes - $60I wouldn't get eyes but I would get the Verc t-board. It gives you loads of modes and you can tune your gun even further (dwell, bounce, etc.).
laser eyes - $15 (not neccessar but looks cool)I wouldn't get eyes.
then id have your mr2 milled for eyes,

There you go.

Edit: Those are US prices.

Kenny_McCormic
08-17-2007, 10:00 AM
why the cp reg? do you use hpa or co2?

pb34
08-17-2007, 10:27 AM
If you use co2 you won't be able to go with the cp reg. You may want to get a female palmer stabilizer and use it as your asa and reg.

chnk
08-17-2007, 10:58 AM
the cp short and long reg fit pefectly under the forgrip so you dont have to remove it, or run a palmers setup on your asa

i run hpa, ive never ran co2 on my mr2,

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 12:41 PM
I use HPA mostly, if im on a private corse that doesnt have hpa I use Co2 but very rarely.

chnk
08-17-2007, 01:43 PM
I use HPA mostly, if im on a private corse that doesnt have hpa I use Co2 but very rarely.

co2 can be used on a cp reg but it has to be antisiphoned

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Sorry can you repeat that in english chnk?

chnk
08-17-2007, 03:02 PM
anti siphoned, its co2 tank mod and its also in english http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_antisiphon_inst.html

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey great instructinal page thanks, that wouldnt hurt any of my other low end markers that I use Co2 on would it?

chnk
08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
if your makrker requires hpa only, i wouldnt run co2 antisiphoned or not,

if it says it can run co2 this would be a good thing to do on your tank

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah I can use Co2 I just prefure HPA, just when its not availeble it is tough to use. But im going to work on getting the internals you mentioned. If I need help putting them in or adjusting anything can I PM you for help?

chnk
08-17-2007, 06:58 PM
yea its not one of those drop in things, you going to have to do t=some tuning,

my seggestion if you pan on going lowpressure, get all the parts first, then go to a paintball shop, use their chrono, get a case and a full tanks and start your tuning from there

slim and shady
08-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Alright perfect. I probably wont start this project till the winter, I make way more money then so I have more to spend on better quality parts. But when I do I will use your advice thanks for all the help.