PDA

View Full Version : VS2 Regulator Adapter

Border411
08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Wanted to let you all know that the regulator adapter sold by Action Village, and made by Trinity, is not only out of stock, but also can be found cheaper on Ebay. I just picked one up for $23.20 shipped. It is called the "SM1 Spyder VS Series Regulator Adapter" I have a buddy who bought it, and it is EXACTLY like the Trinity Adapter in both fit and finish. Thought you all should know. And no, I am not the one selling them on Ebay, nor do I know the people who are.

oldironmudder
08-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Do the VAs from older spyders fit? I know it may run into the shroud thingy.

Drefish99
08-16-2007, 02:37 PM
I liked the one from Actionvillage better. I really didn't like the big SM1 tattoo on my gun.

mr1gunner
08-16-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm thinking about buying a cp shorty reg would I need an adapter for that reg?

Paintballadict18
08-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm thinking about buying a cp shorty reg would I need an adapter for that reg?

heres the one i bought
http://www.trinitypaintball.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=spyder+vs+adapter

Border411
08-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Yes...if you are going to get an aftermarket reg for the VS2, you need an adapter. You need to grind away at the VS2 body to use a different front block (VA), however the stock one is WIDE open for better flow---good luck even making one that flows that good. FYI- The SM1 that is written on it is very small, and actually looks decent on his VS3.

The "Shroud thing" as you called it is actually a shroud that affects what barrels fit on the VS3. The distance between the screw hole and the body which prevents the VA from going deeper into the body is longer however.

Drefish99
08-18-2007, 10:05 AM
heres the one i bought
http://www.trinitypaintball.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=spyder+vs+adapter

Thank god I bought mine before they started tagging them up with Trinity. I don't like a lot of manufacturers logos on my guns and that would just drive me to keep the stock reg.... Not that the stock reg is a bad thing.

DonF
08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I received my SM1 VS regulator adapter today off the e-bay auction talked about above.
It appears to be cosmeticly blemished as there is the SM1 machined were its supposed to be (as shown in the ebay auction picture) but there is an ugly- partial SM1 machined upside down, underneath the main one, on the space between the machined flats on the exterior. It looks really cheesy - I'm sending it back....Sometimes cheaper is not better! Edit: It was a defect seller is sending a new one tomorrow

Paintballadict18
08-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Thank god I bought mine before they started tagging them up with Trinity. I don't like a lot of manufacturers logos on my guns and that would just drive me to keep the stock reg.... Not that the stock reg is a bad thing.

lucky u mines not even semetrical i only like logos when there perfectly straight in a spot