PDA

View Full Version : Trigger walking help?

DotP
08-15-2007, 07:35 PM
I went to my local paintball shop (I am a staunch supporter of local shops) and went marker shopping. I was looking for the Vs2 that the members on this forum pointed me to, but they didn't have it. They pushed the Ion instead, saying that it was the same price ($170) and that they believed it was superior. However, this is beside the point. I decided to keep an open mind and I asked if I could hold it. They let me hold it and I tried to walk the trigger. I'm ashamed to admit, I think I was going about .5 ball per second... I've been practicing walking the trigger, but, perhaps it was the lack of a real trigger and a grip, because I felt embarrassed. My index finger slipped, missed the rhythm or something.
The point is, does anyone know any way to help me walk the trigger a little bit more smoothly? I had the shop order a Vs2, and I'd hate to go to the field only to shoot as fast as the rental crowd...:(

oldironmudder
08-15-2007, 07:46 PM
At times during the day twitch your fingers like your shooting.

DotP
08-15-2007, 07:48 PM
That's what I've been doing. But for some reason, on a real trigger, my fingers got scared.

oldironmudder
08-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Sit down & have a word w/ them. Or do it w/ the gun in hand w/o air.

VS3 Sniper
08-15-2007, 08:04 PM
When u get ur marker sit all day and walk it. Thats What I do in my free time. As a matter of fact I'm walking with my left wile I am typing this. lol

DotP
08-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Ok, thanks. I'll do just that. I'll be getting my Vs2 hopefully tomorrow (Thursday for non America time). I'm getting giddy just thinking about how nice it looks. And imagining how it'll sound once I learn how to walk right (lol, I thought I did that at 3...). I still didn't get a response as to why the Ion is inferior to the Vs2...

oldironmudder
08-15-2007, 09:22 PM
I still didn't get a response as to why the Ion is inferior to the Vs2...

Your gonna get mix reviews on stuff like that. All Spyders are simple to strip down & clean. Ions, you gotta tear it completly apart just to get to the bolt. Weight is also another thing, some like to hold as little as possible & others like to feel something.

Best way to tell is goto a local feild/store & try both. Read manuals or watch other people strip them down if you cant strip an ion down in the store.

Hope this helps cause I really dont understand it my self being half asleep.

Oscum Guy
08-16-2007, 07:46 AM
http://www.planeteclipse.com/ego/default.asp?swf=EgoBps.swf

http://g5paintball.com/category/trigger-pull-games/

http://13holes.com/

these should help, but the best practice is actually walking the marker.

Your gonna get mix reviews on stuff like that. All Spyders are simple to strip down & clean. Ions, you gotta tear it completly apart just to get to the bolt. Weight is also another thing, some like to hold as little as possible & others like to feel something.

Best way to tell is goto a local feild/store & try both. Read manuals or watch other people strip them down if you cant strip an ion down in the store.

Hope this helps cause I really dont understand it my self being half asleep.
yeah ions are very hard to get to the bolt unless you have a BOB (bolt out back) body. also ions need alot of upgrades to actually shoot well.

vs2 stock>>>>>>>>>ion stock , crazy upped ion>>>>>>>>>vs2

Kenny_McCormic
08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
crazy upped vs2=crazy upped ion

SupaSnipa
08-16-2007, 08:49 AM
crazy upped vs2=crazy upped ion

Crazy upp'd VS2>>crazy upp'd Ion

Trust me i have 1

Yeah I too have a hard time walking the trigger on the ion...just dont like the feel..i personally thing the VS2 is TONS easier to walk then the ion

Good look though

VS2 King
08-16-2007, 09:47 AM
I Have A Vs2 And Personally I Would Pick It Over An Ion. One Because I Lobe Spyders and Two Cause I Cant Walk A Ion At All. The VS2 Trigger Is A Lot Lighter And A Lot Easier To Walk.

Ace24
08-16-2007, 04:08 PM
ION isn't hard to dissassemble. Thats me though... I've had alot of experience with markers and building my own has shown me many difficulties that are much simplified with guns like the ION. Spyders are about the most simple to dismantle and maintain though...

Honestly, I like ION's more. But not because of the gun, but because of the operation. I like EP or HEP guns. (Electrophenumatic or Half Electrophenumatic [Ex: F.A.S.O.R.]) A Spyder is a simple blow back.

An ION stock is almost impossible to walk. As where a VS2 is much easier.

You might have cocking issues with a VS2 (usually not if your using HPA though) where you wont with an ION.

ION being a spool valve can have "dropp off" issues if not taken care of properly.

VS2 is less efficient and operates at a higher pressure.

They each have their + & -'s. For you, I'd say a VS2 is fine. You're not going to break your wallet trying to upgrade it (which you want to do. An ION would tear you a new one for the cost of parts and upgrades) and it is a better starter off gun.

DotP
08-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Ok, thank you all for your posts, and your opinions about the Ion vs the Vs2. All in all, I'm glad that I made a good choice in ordering the Vs2 because of the easy stripping. ('cause I'm a noob, I don't have Ace24's experience) So I appreciate all of your well thought out opinions.
As for the reason this thread was created, help with trigger walking, you've all been a great help. A big thank you to Oscum Guy for the links, they made my fingers hurt after a while (which I take to be progress). I agree that getting a real trigger in front of me is the best thing, my Vs2 is being shipped as I type, so hopefully soon.
If I have any other questions or see any good trigger walking tips on my own, I'll post 'em here. Thanks again!