PDA

View Full Version : macroline

splater18
02-05-2006, 04:50 AM
wwhy do people use macroline instead of stronger steel braided lines that dont leak as easy?

shunut
02-05-2006, 05:04 AM
Yes, they usually don't last as long as steel braided hoses but its cheap, light weight and easy to change in and out.

splater18
02-05-2006, 05:06 AM
ok thank you i think i will switch to macroline then. but does it work alright with c02

covert24
02-05-2006, 06:34 AM
yea it should work alright with co2. ive only used other ppls guns with HPA and macrolines but they should be good. might not last as long

colonel_moo
02-05-2006, 08:46 AM
yeah, macro is extremely cheap, and it makes it easier to take off your regs etc, because you dont have to take out any fittings, and you dont need to use teflon tape or anything to put it back in.

Ares
02-05-2006, 08:49 AM
if you have steel line, keep it. swapping hose just to swap hose is a waste of money

vikingshadow
02-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't know why people always say Macroline doesn't last as long as steel braid. Granted, it's plastic and more prone to breaking, but I've had macroline on all my guns since the sonix and hadn't had one blow on me. I have the same piece I had when I bought my Shocker over a year ago (luckily it fit even after I bought the ASA and rail.)

I would however be a bit leery to use it with Co2, because I've heard the horror stories from it freezing and then blowing...

Ares is right though. It is just throwing a couple bucks out there if you don't need it.

shunut
02-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't know why people always say Macroline doesn't last as long as steel braid. Granted, it's plastic and more prone to breaking, but I've had macroline on all my guns since the sonix and hadn't had one blow on me. I have the same piece I had when I bought my Shocker over a year ago (luckily it fit even after I bought the ASA and rail.)

I was only stating that as the main arguement in why steel braided is better than macro. I have had my shutter for 4-5 years and just recently replaced the macroline on it for the first time.

splater18
02-05-2006, 10:19 AM
so then i should keep my steel briaded line and not switch to macroline

shunut
02-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

vikingshadow
02-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh, Shunut, I wasn't directing the comment towards yours. I was just saying what I've heard a lot and questioned....No offense intended and I hope you didn't take it that way!

shunut
02-05-2006, 04:30 PM
No, I wasn't taking offense. I was just clarifying my statement. I've never used steel braided line, ever. I've always had macroline and like I said before only have had one piece blowout on me and that wasn't until my brother-in-law used co2 on it. Its cool vike, I know you weren't aiming anything at me.

bamf-hacker
02-06-2006, 03:45 AM
I use macroline because I have 2 different set ups for my gun. One with a drop one with out. If feel the need to switch I can pretty quickly and don't need a bunch of wrenches or thread sealer. I like macroline better anyway, IMO I think it looks better.

HacKeR

splater18
02-09-2006, 05:27 PM
so wait the macroline does not work good with c02 b/c i am using that right now but with get a nitro tank later. will it still work.

covert24
02-09-2006, 05:29 PM
yea its not that it wont work good its that u wont last as long as if u use Compressed Air.

bigred76
02-09-2006, 05:31 PM
It will work fine. ;)

marvin-martian
02-09-2006, 05:33 PM
yea its not that it wont work good its that u wont last as long as if u use Compressed Air.
uumm...you have that backwards, again. it works the same as SS, but some people have reported blow-outs when using CO2, due to the unstable nature of the substance. it shouldnt be a problem with compressed air.

adriann222
02-09-2006, 05:52 PM
through my 15 years of playing PB I have found that there are advantages and disadvantages of having macro line instead of steel line.
The good about Macro instead of steel:
1. easy to cut an exact length for any marker set up
2. Very easy to remove so if you need to take off your reg or bottom line you don't have to unscrew the fittings (you just yank off the line)
3. it looks very clean

The bad about having Macro instead of steel:
The problems
1. If you fiddle with it too much it can start to leak during play
2. I have heard that if you leave it in the sun and then put CO2 through it, it will crack or burst (due to extreme temp changes)
3. If you get it snagged on something (like a bunker or tree) it can pop out of it's houseing and then you loose all your air (but this is really rare cause you gotta snag it during a good run)

splater18
02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
ok thank you very much