PDA

View Full Version : Halo B- MR-2

majorissuez99
08-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Kso im getting a Halo B for $118Canadian ....my MR-2 has the "good" black detents...do i still need to worry about balls being pushed past the detents by the halo b?
Does the Halo B still have a problem with dark paint?
Is it better then the VLocity Jr. and is it worth it with my MR-2?

ViperX
08-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Halo b, for me, did the trick with the chopping problems I had with my MR2. Then once I added the timmy detents,(still double feeded with the "good"black MR2 detents) that stopped the double feeding. So I wouldn't worry about timmy detents giving out on you, they typically are on tourny grade markers that have higher ROF and mostly use force fed hoppers.

I couldn't give you any advice or experience on dark balls, I rarely ever use them. maybe someone else can chime in.

Definately will work well with your MR2, just read some of the past threads and you will see alot of people boasting their halo b as their cure all for chopping problems and keeping up with ALL modes of the marker.

Good luck in your choice.

oldironmudder
08-15-2007, 09:59 AM
I had double shooting problems with my halo but swaped a 9v in & no problems now. Kinda detuned it but I still cant out run it like my old revvy.

badmagic
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I have a Halo B and the black (Intimidator) ball detents also, I don't have a single chop.

Ecomm
08-15-2007, 05:38 PM
When people refer to the balls being pushed past the detents, that's when an extra ball winds up in the barrel, right? I used my MR2 for the first time last week and shot full auto (I have a Halo B with the V35 board). There were no chops what so ever, but I leaned the barrel forward, and a paintball just rolled out! That's double feeding and I need those other detents, right?

- Ecomm

oldironmudder
08-15-2007, 05:40 PM
The rolling out part is from small balls/large bore barrel. But basicly double feeding.

slim and shady
08-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I use the Halo B with rip drive and victory board, I use the standered black stock detents that came with my marker and i havent had any trouble overfeeding. I have my hopper set on setting 3 that feeds 24 BPS. I dont think you would have any trouble at all.
Out of curiosity I looked into getting new detents and asked for timmys, the tech at tactical paintball told me they are all the same, its clear this isnt true, but what is the difference between the MR2 stock detents and timmys?

chnk
08-16-2007, 01:42 PM
i compared the detents

the timmy detents are a little bit bigger and thicker, other than that its almost the same, but they seem to work better than the stock detents which where kind of worn,

the stock detents just seem to wear out quicker, but for a $1 for 6 detents its not a bad of a idea

if your stock detents are starting to slip, go ahead na d get some timmy detents

D-rail
08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
i compared the detents

the timmy detents are a little bit bigger and thicker, other than that its almost the same, but they seem to work better than the stock detents which where kind of worn,

the stock detents just seem to wear out quicker, but for a $1 for 6 detents its not a bad of a idea

if your stock detents are starting to slip, go ahead na d get some timmy detents

Agreed: I did a side-by-side comparison as well. I found the Timmy detents to be a little longer and DEF. stiffer than the original's! I had alittle bit of a hard time cramming the Timmy detent in my marker, but with a little "finger lovin" it fits in SNUG.

Two weekends ago I was having all kinds of trouble with my marker though...
I am using :
MR2
Halo B w/ rip drive & a V35 Board
Trinity clamping feedneck
Timmy detents
Anarchy Paintballs - Stock barrel

I was double feeding like CRAZY (Halo B was set to 24bps), I was in the beginning of a game so I kept on trying to "shoot it out" and it only made it worse... when I took it apart later that night I found my (Timmy) detent sheared off, broken paintballs ALL up the feedneck and into my hopper - what a MESS! I'm not sure exactly what happened either, I just hope it dosen't happen THIS weekend!

majorissuez99
08-17-2007, 10:59 PM
But does anyone know if they Halo B eyes dont pick up dark paint still?

chnk
08-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Agreed: I did a side-by-side comparison as well. I found the Timmy detents to be a little longer and DEF. stiffer than the original's! I had alittle bit of a hard time cramming the Timmy detent in my marker, but with a little "finger lovin" it fits in SNUG.

Two weekends ago I was having all kinds of trouble with my marker though...
I am using :
MR2
Halo B w/ rip drive & a V35 Board
Trinity clamping feedneck
Timmy detents
Anarchy Paintballs - Stock barrel

I was double feeding like CRAZY (Halo B was set to 24bps), I was in the beginning of a game so I kept on trying to "shoot it out" and it only made it worse... when I took it apart later that night I found my (Timmy) detent sheared off, broken paintballs ALL up the feedneck and into my hopper - what a MESS! I'm not sure exactly what happened either, I just hope it dosen't happen THIS weekend!

the detents was seared off? i dont know how that could of happened, it might be the bolt but i havent heard of the acs bolt doingg that

But does anyone know if they Halo B eyes dont pick up dark paint still?

halo bs still have a probem with that, they make laser eyes for halobs i think

D-rail
08-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Welp, it did brother :confused: ...... I had to replace it that night cause there was nothing left of the darn thing! LoL

My days of paintball are numbered now though(for about a year anyway) so I won't have to worry about it too much.... I'm gettn' married next year (6-7-08) and cannot keep spending money to supe-up my gun and go paintballin' every weekend. As soon as we pay off the wedding though - we'll start having a little more spending money... we'll see about that! hehehe :rolleyes:

Cheers! :D

chnk
08-18-2007, 05:24 PM
i go every other weekend, but i have to start thinking abut how much i spend because now im in college

as for my mr2, im almost have it to where i want it, imma drop another $10-$20 into my setup, and spend like an hour or so tuning it and ill be happy with it, right now, it needs tuning and i havent gotten around to do it

ViperX
10-31-2007, 08:40 AM
If your getting broken paint in your feedneck then your getting the popcorn effect from blowby around the bolt. Usually a forcefed hopper will over come this, keeping in mind when you get to emptying your hopper, the last half dozen or so balls remaining in the stack will no longer have any backpressure forcing them down so you will/could chop then.

I've never owned an evo3 so I couldn't tell you if it's force fed or not. if it is and your getting chops no matter how many balls are left in the hopper, maybe the speed of the hopper isn't keeping up with your rate of fire.

chnk
10-31-2007, 09:02 AM
If your getting broken paint in your feedneck then your getting the popcorn effect from blowby around the bolt. Usually a forcefed hopper will over come this, keeping in mind when you get to emptying your hopper, the last half dozen or so balls remaining in the stack will no longer have any backpressure forcing them down so you will/could chop then.

I've never owned an evo3 so I couldn't tell you if it's force fed or not. if it is and your getting chops no matter how many balls are left in the hopper, maybe the speed of the hopper isn't keeping up with your rate of fire.

the eggy 3 ins't force fed, its pretty quick for an aggitated hopper,

the eggy 3 will never do better than a alo just because of the pop corning effect

jbtoronto
10-31-2007, 09:03 AM
the popcorn effect happens a lot on my evo 3...specially when theres like half of the hopper left. you can see the balls blowing back up the feedneck....

so it's not a force feed one i guess

so do you think the Halo B w/rip drive would do the trick ?

jbtoronto
11-02-2007, 01:08 PM
awesome!

Tacticalsniper25
11-02-2007, 01:29 PM
my mr2 has stock detents and i use a viewloader revolution force loader at 18bps but i can put it on auto and dry fire or double feed and i can still shoot it at full auto. i havent broken a ball yet. but my dads mr2 has stock detents and he uses a empire reloader B and his gun dry fires, double feeds and everything wich i dont under stand because his hopper is 70 dollars for expensive than mine

Tigerwolf
11-02-2007, 01:58 PM
I am having the same issue with mine but I have the timmy detents. My hopper worked fine with co2 but I then I bought a n2 tanks and all hell broke loose. The only thing I feel is the batteries have not been changed for 3 games but the low battery light has not come on yet. Any thought?

chnk
11-02-2007, 04:49 PM
hmmm n2......

i havent tried n2 on a stock mr2,

eh, maybe the spring is too hard? cuz my stock spring when i had it was pretty damn hard,

jbtoronto
11-03-2007, 09:57 AM
it double feeds because Empire or Halo are force feed hoppers so you wont chop balls or get that nasty pop-corn effect. I just bought an EMPIRE B and made some shots and yep double feeded too. So my guess and from what I've heard it's yah.. get strong detents i dont know which kind yah get them

jbtoronto
11-05-2007, 03:58 AM
I need the timmy detents ASAP Im in toronto no stores have them....anybody knows of a website where I can order them and get them b4 this friday??

thankx

DAXLONDONO
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I want to buy a forced hopper, but can anybody tell me the difference betwen the Halo B with the victory board and the Empire B..?

theklu
11-10-2007, 05:06 PM
where does one get these timmy detents?

jbtoronto
11-10-2007, 06:13 PM
www.buypbl.com

you get their products NEXT DAY (no jokes) I got my grill from them and my detents

chnk
11-10-2007, 07:24 PM
I want to buy a forced hopper, but can anybody tell me the difference betwen the Halo B with the victory board and the Empire B..?

halo bs use eyes to check wether if there is balls in the feedneck,

reloaders just spin when you marker shoots,

personally

sound>eyes

The v35 board just an upgrade board that makes the motor spin faster and has adjustable speeds and some other nice features i think

jbtoronto
11-10-2007, 09:10 PM
sound activated!! wicked!!!!