PDA

View Full Version : need your opinion on a gun.

thecool1
08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
whats up guys. i havnt been on these forums for a few years. i quit playing paintball and sold all my stuff. but now i wanna get back into it. im not up to date with all the new guns and stuff. so i was wondering what you guys think of the invert mini. it looks like a pretty nice gun and for a decent price. just wondering if anyone has shot one before or anything.
-Thanks

Josh

NeedForSpeed
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I personally am not fond of the Invert Mini feel. It's ugly too. I'm sure it's a nice marker though.

I would suggest you look into buying a used Quest. I have a review I just put up in the "member review" section on the bottom you should check out.

thecool1
08-15-2007, 09:08 AM
lol..well i think the invert looks way better than the quest and its way smaller and lighter. i just wanted to know how it shot. i need to find one close to me and go shoot it.

NeedForSpeed
08-15-2007, 09:13 AM
yea, asking all of us how a marker shoots is pretty pointless. Going to have to shoot it yourself. Good luck finding one.

calebh
08-15-2007, 09:39 AM
all you'll get from us are opinions. we like certain things that you may not. so keep that mind. as for what i think of it...

i shot one recently. i don't know the specifics on it, so as far as i know, the only thing stock was the body. i don't even know what upgrades they have available for it. but anyway, the marker as a whole was incredibly small and light. too small, in fact, for me, and so light i felt like i was going to snap it. i'm 6' fairly lean and muscular, so if you're smaller, you might like it better. it shot like a dream except for one thing. the kick was horrible. i'm used to kick from older markers, and so usually i don't notice it much. but i noticed the kick on the mini. most likely, the kick really isn't that bad, but in relation to the super light weight, it's more noticeable. i think that because when firing fast, it didn't really try to rise up on me. and i loved the feel of the trigger.

applesauce
08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
ive shot both PMR and mini, of the 2 i prefer the rail. the rail is pretty light too, and feels much better. the rail also comes stick with PSP, millenium, NXL and semi. If i heard correctly , the mini comes with only semi.

Ace24
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
yea, asking all of us how a marker shoots is pretty pointless. Going to have to shoot it yourself. Good luck finding one.
Wow... Your... :mumble mumble: It's hard to find Inverts... there are over 5 of them with regulars alone at my field. Around the same amount of PMR's too.

Invert's are great guns. They are unique and they rip. I also like how they sound. They have a breaking in period, as do most guns, and will chop alot out of the box. Once they are broken in, they work very nicely.

Personally, from my experience, the PMR is the better buy. Apparently you can get one with a UL frame for really cheap now too.

In all honesty... I would buy a used Timmy or Shocker over either of these though. (Maybe not the Shocker over the Rail, unless it was a nicely upgraded Shocker SFT.)

fwgericke
08-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I would highly reccomend a Dangerous power Fusion, awesome gun, easy to maintain, rips like a beast straight out the box, and doesnt need ups either, Okay im a bit bias cause ive got one, but for the price its hard to get the same performance. :)

thecool1
08-15-2007, 01:27 PM
cool. thanks for the input.
anything else worth taking a look at come out since ive been gone?

codymm1014
08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Well if you wanted to wait another couple months and save another 100 you can get the new Bob Long Protege. I think its going to be awesome.

Ace24
08-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Well if you wanted to wait another couple months and save another 100 you can get the new Bob Long Protege. I think its going to be awesome.
Amen to that.

Oscum Guy
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM
i hear that inverts have problems and chopalot out of the box. also at my local field this guy i was hangigng out with was using an invert as his backup and the reg just randomly blew during a game.

i suggest getting something cheap and then waiting to get the protege.

Chris Cole
08-15-2007, 03:26 PM
I've held a really well setup Mini, and I just could not get comfortable holding it. Then again, I've contemplated moving the tank further back on my Imp.

DotP
08-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Although I'm new to the sport, I've done alot of reasearch on the internet for other people's opinions about almost everything. The Invert mini has a few things going for it, it's light, there are no showing hoses (the only wire is the battery wires), and it's compact. A guy came into my paintball shop, and checked out the mini on the wall. He seemed to like the trigger and the size, he also loved the fact that there were no hoses. He was interested in the fact that the board is up front, under where the pressure gauge usually is. He didn't shoot it so I have no idea how much kick it has or how many balls it would chop or break. Keep in mind that this is all 2nd hand opinion from a newbie, and nowhere near fact...

vikingshadow
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I held and shot one once, and can honestly say it's not the gun for me. Felt, weird, somehow. I LOVE small guns (see my Shocker, Phantom and Rail...) but this one felt weird.

Unfortunately, the ONLY person that can tell you if it's the right gun for you, is you - so if you have the chance, try shooting it first. Personally, I recommend the Rail in that price range, over the Fusion and the Mini. But that's just me.

If you want used, then there are a plethora of guns you can get...Timmys, Shockers, PMs, etc...

Oscum Guy
08-15-2007, 05:05 PM
used 2k2 timmy. nuff said.

Tito=PBL
08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
i would go with the PMR. the PMR has many different upgrades out there and the dye has excellent customer service. they are also pretty ease to maintain.