PDA

View Full Version : Marker not recocking.

Porkponey
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Pilot acs with polished striker. Everything's freshly broken down and lubed. Full tank of co2, and a vl force that drop tests at 20+bps on a fairly regular basis. Dry firing the marker I can actually bump fire it at probably near 15 or 16bps (whatever it will bump fire at) and it will recock all day long. However, as soon as paint goes in and I start to walk on semi it immediately starts chopping. Well, it doesn't chop, acs kicks in, but I have to recock the marker every few balls. I don't know if maybe the monsterballs I'm using aren't feeding right or if something else is causing it. It's got a clamping neck on it, a black striker spring (had to to get the velocity down at the field.) And a 14" pmi. Any ideas?

pb34
08-14-2007, 05:30 PM
It sounds like a classic case of your acs bolt not being broken in. When the acs bolt isn't broken in it doesn't re-cock when doing its job. To break it in just take it out of the gun and compress the spring in it about 1000 times. This should solve your problem.

paintballkid0206
08-14-2007, 05:32 PM
well, try getting rid of the rocks you are using for paint. monsterballs= PAIN AND SUFFERING. other than that idk what is wrong. mosterballs are not really the best paint. ok, to tell you the truth, they are not good at all. try Draxxus white box works fine for me.

Porkponey
08-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Actually, I've compressed the acs spring well over 1000 times. I guess it's time to do it more. The only other paint I have is procaps redstuff. I haven't wanted to use them since I was gonna use them for a game or two this weekend and I've only got a bag of them. Naturally I have no money at all, but I'll probably just bite it and try some of them tomorrow.

Kenny_McCormic
08-14-2007, 07:50 PM
monsterrocks are so dimpled its possible for 1.5 balls to chamber which is probably your problem they also jam loaders like crazy.

Porkponey
08-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'm really hoping that's the problem. They're like gummi bears. At least the batch I got is. I'll go to wally tomorrow and buy some of the cheap red stuff, it broke really good for me last time and was actually fairly round to be so inexpensive. I think they have xballs too. Whatever, I just need a bag to test it out.

Kenny_McCormic
08-14-2007, 09:47 PM
yea IMPACT FTW!

Nenkitsune
08-14-2007, 09:58 PM
IMPACT FTMFW

and find out what day your proshop gets their paint shipment. I would go the day/day after their shipment, and buy Stinger
that paint is AWESOME when it's fresh. In my 12in OTP barrel, I shot it all day perfectly straight, without any breaks, no bounces, and perfect bore size, with no dimples or bad rounds.

Kenny_McCormic
08-14-2007, 10:16 PM
IMPACT FTMFW

and find out what day your proshop gets their paint shipment. I would go the day/day after their shipment, and buy Stinger
that paint is AWESOME when it's fresh. In my 12in OTP barrel, I shot it all day perfectly straight, without any breaks, no bounces, and perfect bore size, with no dimples or bad rounds.
Yea people always bash RPS stuff because its best fresh and they buy it at walmart.

Porkponey
08-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Alright, so getting some good paint is definitely on today's to-do. I just need something to fire into that catches better than a bucket since my one year old havanese "buckethead" keep's trying to eat it and getting sick, though the two may be unrelated. I clean up what I can, literally hand pick the shells out of grass, but she sees way better than I do down there. Maybe I'll just go to the side of the yard no one uses. If you guys can think of any other stupid crap I'm doing wrong, feel free to give me a slap on the wrist. One day I'll learn something. Until then, count on more stupid questions, lol.

Porkponey
08-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Ok, well, I don't know that I've found the problem but I've definitely remedied it. A friend of mine is letting me use his spare 48/3000 and the gun fires MUCH better on air instead of co2. While I do understand the benefits, my feeble mind can't figure out why it is it runs THAT much better. The other thing I think is a problem is the polished striker. The gun chrono's really hot with stock springs, so I have to run the weakest striker spring I can find. Because of this, I'm not driving the bolt home with any sort of reasonable force, and I think that has something to do with it not making it all the way forward and cocking on a chop. I put a friends halo on it, and it did well, but my force did just as well with air in it. Who knows man. I'm using the air tank for now but will be selling the pilot as well as some other parts here very soon. It runs perfectly fine, it just likes air better from the looks of things, although I probably could've assumed that to begin with. Anyways, gotta peace, hit me with some thoughts. Oh, and maybe a price to ebay the gun at. It's fine with air, has a warrior feedneck, a new 20oz co2, a gravity fed, a quantum, a new pmi razzor, and a spring kit. Any ideas on cost?

Porkponey
08-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Oh, also, the gun seems to be a little bit on the efficient side. At least more so than I'd think it was. It's been well lubed and has fresh o-rings. But I just put about 300-330 balls on 1000psi from that 48/3000. (It did it between 2k and 1k.) That means that I could actually probably get about 6 or 700 on that tank, which is much higher than I would've thought. The little gun has it's issues, but still surprises me every chance it gets.