PDA

View Full Version : HammerHead Barrel

D-rail
08-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Hello all...

So I am about to purchase a new barrel for my MR2. My question to all of you out there is this:

Between the J&J Ceramics (14") & the HammerHead - Is one "better" than the other?

I have read on the HammerHead site that their's shoots a tighter group than most other barrel's can. The J&J seems to be a favorite on the forums here, but why?

I guess I'm looking for someone who has - or - has had the HammerHead barrel and whether or not they liked it.... :confused:

Thanks in advance!

~ D

oldironmudder
08-14-2007, 11:29 AM
IIRC the hammerhead barrels have rifles like a real gun has & that does nothing for the ball. I would go with the J&J since its been around a while & proven its self.

chnk
08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
the hammerhead from what i heard inst that great, the only real way to get tighter grouping is to buy a barrel kit where you can match paint and barrel,

j&js are pretty small of a bore themselves, plus its the barrel ive always used, ive bought the j&j barrel kit and still use the 14" 1 piece more

wylde01
08-14-2007, 06:28 PM
i personally own the jj ceramic but have witnessed the hammerhead in action and would go for the hammerhead if you have the extra cash. the hammerhead is a barrel kit, and you can buy 5 of their fins which are different sizes. as soon as i get a little cash i will be buying the hammerhead and replacing my jj.

slim and shady
08-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I have used the Hammerhead and it is a great barrel no complaints at all. However my experience with it is for only about half a game and maby 200-250 shots. But because I am a sniper I like consistancy and accuracy the barrel had booth.

D-rail
08-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I just purchased the J&J 14". Next payday I will also buy the HammerHead barrel and see which I like more, do a side-by-side comparison.

On a side note :

Has anyone bought the AK47 mag expansion chamber for the MR2. If so, did it increase it's performance or is it just for looks?

Thanks again for the input guys :D

chnk
08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
expansion chambers dont help perfromance much, its mostly for looks

wylde01
08-15-2007, 04:35 PM
when i put the ak ex chamber on my mr2 i actually recieved about 200 more shots per tank fill of HPA. thats a big help IMO