PDA

View Full Version : Python Compression system and MR-2

majorissuez99
08-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Anyone know how well the Python Compression system(MR-2) works with the MR-2?
would it work well with an apex?

Kenny_McCormic
08-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Its like a mi nature freak kit and sorta pointless due to the short lengh of the inserts. buy a real barrel kit and put your apex tip on that

chnk
08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
most barrel kits dont fitthe mr2 and the pythons are one of the few skinny enough to actually fit,

but you will need two of them to not have to worry about the shroud anymore, after you get two you can put any barrel your heartdesires,

my dream barrel for the mr2 would be two python kits and a 12 inch freak barrel ki with all american front, if you use the same insert in the pythons and the freak you get like 6-8 inch on the same size givng it a tight ass group. meaning some good ass accuracy,

but to this you would have to spend like $150,

Kenny_McCormic
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
why not just drill/mill out whatever piece is preventing you from using a good barrel?

chnk
08-14-2007, 03:06 PM
why not just drill/mill out whatever piece is preventing you from using a good barrel?

you would have to mill the shroud which inst a good idea you might as well just take it off, or mill the barrel

its just easier to just stick with the good j&j

slim and shady
08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
I use any barrel I want take the barrel you want to a machinest they will turn it down to a size that will fit inside your shroud in under 1 min. Most places wont even bother charging you for such a small job. I use the progessive 14 inch and had it milled down to size, amond other barrels. I even got a MR3 stock barrel cut it in half and got the side without the threads re milled for spyder threads and got 2 stubby barrels for close urban combat. One is just long enough for my apex to sit on the end and the other just slipps out of the shroud like 1/4 inch.

chnk
08-14-2007, 06:49 PM
I use any barrel I want take the barrel you want to a machinest they will turn it down to a size that will fit inside your shroud in under 1 min. Most places wont even bother charging you for such a small job. I use the progessive 14 inch and had it milled down to size, amond other barrels. I even got a MR3 stock barrel cut it in half and got the side without the threads re milled for spyder threads and got 2 stubby barrels for close urban combat. One is just long enough for my apex to sit on the end and the other just slipps out of the shroud like 1/4 inch.

where can you find places that mill?, i havent seen a place like that in my area

slim and shady
08-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Any machine shop, just grab the yellow pages or any buisness phonbook and look up machine shop. I guarantee you there will be one in your area or close to it. If you have any sort of machinery such as construction equiptment, logging equiptment tracktors or farming equiptment ect. there will be a machine shop close buy.

majorissuez99
08-14-2007, 11:21 PM
why do i need two?
i just want something to lenthen my apex....for more accuracy im not trying to get any fat barrel on it all my barrels fit anyways
im just trying to decide to buy a python system or get a J&J ceramics w. the apex adapter i have already and mount the apex tip on it

slim and shady
08-15-2007, 04:32 PM

I was refuring more to this part of the thread, the drilling or milling out of your gun. It is easier to mill the barrel then modify the gun shroud.