PDA

View Full Version : Just got new marker

spyderfreak989
08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I just picked up my olive spyder mr-1 today! i cant wait to try it out on wednsday when me and my friends go woodsballing... anyways what are some good upgrades to consider? thanks in advance

TONY!!!!

shunut
08-12-2007, 08:01 PM
First of all, Congrats!!!

Next, what do you have? co2, compressed air, what type of loader, ect...

spyderfreak989
08-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I have a 12 oz co2 tank(for now) and a basix viewloader... nothing much but what barrel, loader ect do you reccomend for the gun?

paintballkid0206
08-13-2007, 06:41 AM
here are some of my suggested upgrades
HOPPER- i would get a ricochet or a revvy, just so you have something to feed faster if you ever decide to upgrade your trigger or get a new marker.

TANK- get a 20 0z Co2 tank or an HPA tank.

BARREL- getting a new barrel all depends on how good your paint-bore match is. to check this, hold your barrel either horizontal or at a 45* angle and put a paintball (of the kind you normally use) in the threaded end of the barrel. it shouldn't slide through. it should just stay close to where you put it. blow on the barrel and your paint should slide through without you exerting to much energy when you blow. if the paint slides thrrough without you blowing, you paint-bore match isnt all that good. if the it doesnt slide through when you blow, your paint-bore match isn't all that good either. if it slides through when you give it a little puff, it is a good match.

hope this helped!

NeedForSpeed
08-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I could sell you a revolution hopper that will easily keep up with your MR-1 so you won't ever chop for cheap.

As far as other upgrades-

Feedneck - a must on any spyder
Barrel - you canget a kit or a one peice, all depends on how much yo uwant to spend
Tank- CO2 is fine for an mr-1 an woodsball

cyberthrasher_706
08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I can just tell you about my simple setup.
J&J 14" Ceramic barrel
CCM Sundragon Vertical feed adapter
CCM Sundragon no-rise clamping feedneck
soon to come is a remote coil, barrel mount & vertical foregrip

MR-1 is great and doesn't really need any serious mods out of the box. Even the stock barrel is highly accurate, for me anyway. Congratulations on a great choice.

vikingshadow
08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/smilies/thisthreadisworthless.gif

I wanna see a picture of it!

paintballkid0206
08-13-2007, 05:56 PM
haha vike. luv the smiley. :)

cyberthrasher_706
08-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I promise I'll post some within the next couple of days but it doesn't look like anything special. I should be getting the foregrip and stock around the end of the month but I'll give you some good comparison pics in the next few days. Gotta get that foregrip for my long ass arms.