PDA

View Full Version : Death of the ion. 25bps style

indrul1
02-04-2006, 08:24 PM
its self explanitory
http://media.putfile.com/faster4688
25bps, you have to add 1 to both sides because the whole second wouldnt fit in the frame
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/indrul1/DSCN1097.jpg

colonel_moo
02-04-2006, 08:29 PM
haha, did you actually take a picture of your monitor? print screen copies the image to your clipboard, then just paste it into paint or something, then voila, screenshot! just a tip for next time.

well 25 bps is pretty impressive. is that just with bounce or something?

indrul1
02-04-2006, 08:35 PM
shooting a camera and a gun is hard at the same time. I made it easier compliments of nxl mode. and yes I figured that out after I posted the wav thing

geeZus
02-04-2006, 08:36 PM
A gun cycling 25bps isn't impressive. Being able to shoot that is.

covert24
02-04-2006, 08:38 PM
lol thats awesome. Ur my hero:)

indrul1
02-04-2006, 08:39 PM
uh, it was shooting 25, did you see the vid? the wav was taken directly from the vid

covert24
02-04-2006, 08:42 PM
A gun cycling 25bps isn't impressive. Being able to shoot that is.

thats mad good. 25 bps is pretty impressive to me. and for a imp thats mad awesome. Nice gun. didnt even break one ball either. emptied the hopper ina couple seconds lol.

geeZus
02-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Cycling 25bps when all you have to do is hold the trigger down isn't impressive. Had he been walking it without bounce at 25bps, I'd kiss his feet.

NXL Mode = 3 shots semi, 4th shot full auto as long as you hold it.

durrell
02-04-2006, 09:07 PM
25 isnt impressive if it's just cycling, but with paint it's awesome. Spyders can cycle 55cps (cycles per second).. still a sweet Imp nonetheless. G is just jealous he has no gun..

geeZus
02-04-2006, 09:16 PM
My Timmy did 25bps like nothing on NXL mode. There's nothing impressive about holding a trigger down. Show me something in semi auto. Then I'll be impressed.

indrul1
02-04-2006, 09:23 PM
next time you shoot a vid try holding a camera phone steady while holding while shooting a gun in the other, its not the easiest thing to do Gesus. I have another vid a few posts down on semi.
edit, on pbn I wav'd a was'd timmy at 23 on unlimited rof nxl. lets see a vid of this 25bps timmy

geeZus
02-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Put the camera down on a table? I was more impressed by your other slower video because it was semi and not just full auto. A Spyder will do the same in full auto, and we all know they aren't THAT impressive.

phatphil
02-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Death of the Ion? lol. Why, because you can hold the trigger down on NXL mode? :rolleyes2: Your 25 bps rate of fire holds no advantage over the Ion's 17 cap, since any league that uses a ramping mode caps at 15 anyway. It's okay, enjoy your gun, to each his own.

ricochet08
02-05-2006, 12:30 AM
:waytogo:

indrul1
02-05-2006, 07:57 AM
ok since all you are pissing about how I was in nxl ill make another vid today in semi

timbertiger20
02-05-2006, 08:17 AM
LOL......why does everyone say that it doesn't matter if it goes over 15 bps? More people play rec and most rec fields don't even have a limit! I can take my FS7 out or my new marker which is yet to be revealed........FS7 tops about 28 bps and my other marker well rumors of 34 bps are out there. I'll wait to see on that!

vikingshadow
02-05-2006, 08:52 AM
I know what the secret gun is and I'm not telling....:D

In my mind, it doesn't matter if someone can walk 14 bps or if they can walk 28 bps - or if they're using ramping or semi. (See large discussion of ramping in the Arguments thread.) The trick is to actually shoot someone out. I personally don't get bunged up when people tell me they can shoot fast. I mean, who really cares one way or the other? If you're laying a stream in my lane, I'll go somewhere else and shoot you.

Some of you may remember a couple years ago here on KUSA how everyone was struggling to shoot the ESP IPI cap (13-14 bps) then suddenly just a few months later, everyone was shooting in the mid 20's???? I think the only time I even attempt fast shooting in a stream that lasts longer than 5 or 6 shots (and 14 sustained is fast for me!) is when I'm laning (sweetspotting for you old schooler's.) Other than that, 2-3 balls or so in a burst from anywhere on the field.

Lay off indrul guys, this place is starting to sound a heck of a lot like PBNation and it's getting old. Paintball adeptness does not relate to the speed of one's fingers - and if you use ramping to get there, it's still getting there one way or the other.

Play nice or go to BSNation....Nuff said.

MonkeyWiz
02-05-2006, 10:42 AM
I can't keep it in: Why 25BPS?
Considering an UZI goes 600rounds/minute (10rounds/sec) why would a paintballer think he needs more than double the ROF of a submachine gun?
How can you even afford the paint?

marvin-martian
02-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Considering an UZI goes 600rounds/minute (10rounds/sec) why would a paintballer think he needs more than double the ROF of a submachine gun?
the more paint in the air= a larger possibility of getting the person out.

timbertiger20
02-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Well kinda......look at it this way.....my new marker averages 1718 bpm in a video.........well yeah thats alot! So at 34 BPS I would only get 5.29 seconds of paint stream.......but I'd bet everyone is going to know exactly when I'm reloading..........LOL

colonel_moo
02-05-2006, 11:44 AM

because we can, thats why.

the circumstances where you would use an uzi and a paintball gun are completely different. you dont try to hold down a lane using a constant stream so somebody cant run through it with an uzi.

covert24
02-05-2006, 11:53 AM
lol yea i agree wit u viking. this is fdefienatley satrtign to sounf like pbn. lay off the guy and let him shoot the ion picture(ur still my hero:waytogo:) i think thats good being that i dotn like ions. but being that he actually got the picture with more than half of the balls while holding the camera steady enough so that it was all over the place. Ima still say good vid man. if he has that good of aim with a camera in one hand thwen how good is his aim with both hands on the marker?????????? Ima guess MAd Good

MonkeyWiz
02-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh, I'm sorry! I really didn't mean to offend anyone. :o
I was only flabbergasted by the factoids.
I play ball so I can relate, but my girlfriend laughed her butt off.

Fire away, weekend warriors! :cool: