PDA

View Full Version : I bought a vl force.

Porkponey
08-12-2007, 05:26 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fPHqk9E8r90 I don't know what the problem is. I'll try with better paint when I can afford some.

I swung by sportsauthority today on my way to play some recball and picked one up since I had a 25% off thing. It's an odd little toy. It's constructed well of softer plastics, which I personally like. It should not be very prone to cracking. It did NOT however keep up with my pilot on semi. I was a little shocked by it so I came home and did a drop test. 200 balls in about 15 seconds is about 13bps. That's sickly slow for it's rating. After drop testing about a case of paint, it will consistently empty in 9-10 seconds. That's about 20-22bps. Much better. It's a pretty nice design and after having experience an egg today, I have to say I like it much better. The egg seems to popcorn a lot more, and is a little wide for my taste. I'd go with an eyeforce if I could get one for 50 or less. After having it open and poking it around, I don't see how it could possibly be worth much more than that with extra eyes. Very curious little thing though, it's built with TWO slots for 9 volt batteries. You can put your battery in either slot, and I'll be using the second for a spare, however it makes me wonder if there's an 18volt revvy eye force on the horizon. Doesn't seem like a good idea since it would basically be an uglier vlocity with a little more capacity. But who knows, I just found it odd. When I finally replace the force with something else, I'll wire a second 9 volt in there and use it til I blow it up. I may also throw some stuff together and let it use two 9 volts simultaneously while only drawing 9 volts of power. Who knows. It makes you want to tinker since it's so cheap and simple. I'm even looking into wiring in some sound activation, whooooo knows. Overall it's a great little box. As always, I'd be glad to answer any questions or take pictures or video or whatever anyone wants.

Tito=PBL
08-12-2007, 06:35 PM
ill like to see a vid of it on your gun and paint. and mabey some pics. mabey ill pick one up and try it.

Porkponey
08-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Well, I obviously can't get video of it on the gun tonight, and my co2 is completely gone, I drained it so I can set up an anti siphon tomorrow. But I'll take some pics tonight and try and put 'em up. I should be able to have video of it by tomorrow night though, I would hope. Let me take some shots...

Porkponey
08-12-2007, 08:28 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/porkponey/PictureorVideo053.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/porkponey/PictureorVideo061.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/porkponey/PictureorVideo062.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/porkponey/PictureorVideo068.jpg

Porkponey
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Video added.

Tito=PBL
08-13-2007, 01:49 PM
nice pic and vid.
the problem with your gun isnt bad paint. your bolt is slipping and staying forward instead of recocking. i dont remember why that happens though. when i do ill post it.
try lubing your sear.
nice gun!

Kenny_McCormic
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
sounds like the acs is working

Porkponey
08-13-2007, 02:55 PM
The acs is working flawlessly in fact. I've not broken a single ball in near two cases of paint, but I've got the bolt caught on a crap load of balls like that. Lubing the sear? hmmm. What kind of lube? The only thing I can get locally is BE oil, whatever that stuff is called, fire or heat or some stupid name. Or should I be greasing it? You tell me. I definitely need to get some lube though to lube the striker o-rings. I didn't have any lube after polishing the striker and just sliped the o-ring back over and went at it. Sounds like it might be time to break it down and lube it up.

Kenny_McCormic
08-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Yea your not supposed to let it run dry like that. The BE oil should be fine you only need the good stuff for a metal bolt. Your supposed to oil blowbacks no grease.

Porkponey
08-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Good deal. I was looking for a reason to run up to the store anyways. I obviously don't know much about what I'm doing here. So I'm guessing a few drops of oil on the o-rings, maybe a few in the asa, anything else? What part of the sear am I oiling, where it meets the striker, or the actual action of it, like the pivot point or whatever. Or both...?

SupaSnipa
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
yeah..what kenny said...my dad has the same problem sometimes with his pilot...when the acs bolt doesnt recock that means it just stopped a chop

Tito=PBL
08-13-2007, 07:33 PM
yea when the acs is preventing a chop it somethings does not recock itself.

oil both points...but also oil your striker. the striker should be oiled allover. do not oil your acs bolt though. and again very nice pics of your gun.

Kenny_McCormic
08-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Cover the striker in oil and put a squirt of oil in the asa then gas it up and dry fire about 20 times with no barrel this will fully lube your gun. dont oil the acs bolt bad things will happen if you do. You only need to lube every 2000 rounds or so.

Porkponey
08-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Thank you for the information and the compliments regarding the pics. I'm really starting to like my pilot and have decided not to try and sell it for a vs2. I'm going to go ahead and work out any other kinks I can and then throw some more money at it. I figure if anything I can build it 'til I get bored of it and then at least have a rock solid back up gun. Luckily though, I think beyond the boundaries of typical modification, so it'll take a little while to get actually bored. I do plan to halfback it eventually. But who knows, that's WAY off in the future. Up next is a trinity block and cp reg, so that I can start working towards lower pressure and actually be able to chrono reasonably. I imagine buying a bunch of lp parts with no way to regulate would be a really bad idea. It's oiled and I put it back together, no leaks or anything at all. I'll take it out and fire it tomorrow.

Porkponey
08-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Ok, the gun still will not recock. I lubed everything I could think except the acs bolt and surrounding chamber and it the problem seems to be worse. Still no chopping. It's got a black spring in it, that's what it had to have to get it to chrono low enough. Do I need to change my valve spring or something?