PDA

View Full Version : Apex VS high rates of fire

slim and shady
08-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I have used my apex in 3 games and love it with high stats! I have been playing sniper so needless to say all i used was semi auto, not agressivly either. I just switched from an EGG III too halo B with rip drive and Victory 35 board. I took it out in the back yard to see what it could do. I have my apex on my progressive barrel wich i find a very accurate barrel. I leave the apex on setting 1 (Normal barrel) and I found that I was getting a huge spray pattern, like a 3 foot square from 20 ft, so my question is....Does the apex decrease accuracy shooting at a high ROF (Rate of fire) such as fully auto or burst?

Elfmaze
08-10-2007, 06:57 PM
technically no it should not affect accuracy when it is switched off.

Jarhead
08-10-2007, 07:30 PM
I would say probably, The end of the Apex where the ramp is, when down on setting 1 doesn't make a tight barrel. There is too much room for slop and you will have ball movement when each round leaves the barrel. That would cause you to spray. When the ramp is moved up to create a backspin, you get a tighter seal so then you have better accuracy. I only use my Apex for longer ranges, if I am playing point or jungle trodding. I used my 14" J & J. I can fire at a higher rate of fire close without losing accuracy.

slim and shady
08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
So, Jarhead, in your opinion then you think it does decrease accuracy a bit? Do you think the problem could be solved buy turning the ramping up a level or 2?

Jarhead
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
So, Jarhead, in your opinion then you think it does decrease accuracy a bit? Do you think the problem could be solved buy turning the ramping up a level or 2?

Yes I do, if you have a rifle with a new tight barrel, you keep tighter grouping than one with a old worn barrel. Same holds true with paintballs. The more movement in the barrel the accurate it will be.

I usually keep my Apex on 3 if I need to move and may have to fire at close range, I just play the backspin. I carry two barrels and switch depending on the situation. Longe Range= Apex Short range or fast and furious= J&J

slim and shady
08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I will have to go out and test your theries(?Spelling?) and see what I find, it makes alot of scence though. Do you use fully automatic, burst or agressive walking with your apex much? If so how does it respond to paint breaking, backspin, and just anything you can think of that you may notice?

Jarhead
08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I will have to go out and test your theries(?Spelling?) and see what I find, it makes alot of scence though. Do you use fully automatic, burst or agressive walking with your apex much? If so how does it respond to paint breaking, backspin, and just anything you can think of that you may notice?

No, I almost never use full Auto. I am a one shot one kill person.

If you break paint you are screwed. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn two paces in front of you. The Apex isn't forgiving at all with broken paint.

slim and shady
08-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I play the same way, every shot counts, is there anyone out there who has used the apex with a high ROF?

Griff
08-11-2007, 02:08 PM
I don't know about the apex but thats why I quit useing my flatline on a 98pro e

slim and shady
08-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Because of uncontrolled spray at high rates of fire? I mean I love the apex its the best barrel I have ever seen and i doubt i would ever shoot that large of an ROF in a game but playing sniper accuracy is everything. i dont like to see that spray! But I was hopeing someone would have some advice if I ever did use it on how better to controle it?