PDA

View Full Version : Apex

Elfmaze
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
So i've been looking into it and have a free APEX here that i was thinking about putting on my J&J Barrel. I'm trying to ddecide if its worth the extra length. I understand it can chuck balls far, They don't break though. I'm wondering about the 100 ft range. I would LOVE to be able to reliably plant a single shot at a 1-2 ft radius. Normally at 100ft i'm at about a 3-4 ft radius. Can the apex help stabalize some of these?

veethree
08-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I have only used mine in the last four games, and at 100+ feet, it is probably about 2-3 foot groupings. I have about 75-80% luck with breaking at 100+ feet, using only anarchy and pmi premium, with my fps @ 270-275. I plan to use my bro's benchtop chrony to determine the best velocity, I'm betting that might be the issue with paint not breaking at extreme distances. Hope that helps ya!

timbertiger20
08-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Your best bet is to buy a good barrel without alot of texture on the end and mount the apex to that. I perfer stiffi but......to each their own. Then you can get the accuracy without the apex or enhance you range with the apex.