PDA

View Full Version : Oh Noes Ollie Leaves Dynasty?

geeZus
02-04-2006, 04:43 PM
There's a thread in the Paintball News section of PBN saying that Ollie Lang has left Dynasty to play for the Ironmen this season. timebomb is confirming it, which should be taken as truth. People who know a little about the pros know that Ollie played for the Ironmen before joining Dynasty. Dynasty may still have most of its talent still, but any team with Ollie Lang just became a dangerous team. He's one hell of a baller. This kinda makes sense since Todd Martinez is selling Ollie Lang's gearbag on PBN. $4500 gets you his gearbag, with a game used jersey, new jersey, pants, custom made JT camo shorts, Ollie's personal Dynasty Shocker he's used for 2 years and a bunch of other cool junk that's in his bag. Todd also sold Nicky Vegas's gearbag from XSV since he joined Dynasty. Seems legit. If so its a big loss for Dynasty, but they are probably best suited to lose a player like that. If anyone can still mow faces, it'll be Dynasty. Will be cool to see the two teams play this season.

Oh yeah... T MONEY FTW.

EDIT: PBN thread - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1393267

TacTownKilla
02-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Meh member when CL was quiting paintball also

QAZ123
02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Who's on the Ironmen now and do they play all the organization's? Didn't most the good player's form XSV? What do they shoot?

BJ.

geeZus
02-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Meh member when CL was quiting paintball also
That was a bunch of hearsay as I recall, never had anyone close to Lasoya confirm it. Whereas with this one, people close to Dynasty have confirmed it.

geeZus
02-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Who's on the Ironmen now and do they play all the organization's? Didn't most the good player's form XSV? What do they shoot?

BJ.
http://www.nxlpaintball.com/Team-Page-LA.html

Billy Wing is a super duper Dye tech...they are a Dye sponsored team, so I'd guess they are shooting DM6s this season. I don't remember watching them at Cup, so I dunno what they shot, probably a mix of DM5s and a few DM6s.

durrell
02-04-2006, 05:01 PM
OHNOES

I never liked Dynasty anyway..:thumbdown:

geeZus
02-04-2006, 05:06 PM
You are a hater D. You probably are like "OMG LEIK BRASS EAGLE ALL STARS ARE TEH BESTS!" :dodgy:

durrell
02-04-2006, 05:15 PM
How'd you know? Their tricked out Marauders are SECKS. One of them even shoots a Limited Edition Talon Cocker..:thumbup:

vikingshadow
02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Hmmmmmm, coincidence that this year Ironmen left the NXL??? Or do I have the wrong Ironmen?

geeZus
02-04-2006, 05:50 PM
You are thinking of the Assassins leaving NXL.

Bob Long's Ironmen = NPPL Team
Oakland Assassins = NXL Team

vikingshadow
02-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Kinda thought so, that's why I said that. Oh well...could be a coincidence, but just not the way I said...

geeZus
02-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh yeah, the Ironmen we are talking about is the LA Ironmen in the NXL. Not BL's Ironmen.

covert24
02-04-2006, 08:41 PM
i personally dont really care. if some company offered me 100k plus tourney winnings, etc etc. id do it. money makes ppl think different, u cant get around it and everybody has the same problem. thio whole *family* team thing wont matter. i hope he goes onto the ironmen squad. be nice to see someone else winning shizzle

DyNasty9
02-04-2006, 08:58 PM
awww that kinda sucks. i liked ollie on dynasty. cuz i like dynasty, as if you couldnt tell.guess we will have to wait and see how it plays out.

geeZus
02-04-2006, 09:02 PM
i personally dont really care. if some company offered me 100k plus tourney winnings, etc etc. id do it. money makes ppl think different, u cant get around it and everybody has the same problem. thio whole *family* team thing wont matter. i hope he goes onto the ironmen squad. be nice to see someone else winning shizzle
Dynasty will still pwn people. Nothing will change. Ironmen will be better, but Dynasty will still be the best.

T MONEY FTMFGDW!

DFSniper
02-05-2006, 02:16 AM
theyll still be good, but dynasty just wont be dynasty now that hes gone..he was their unofficial posterboy...

edit: didnt most of the original dynasty members start with Ironkids and then moved on to Ironmen before starting up Dynasty?

QAZ123
02-05-2006, 08:11 AM
A bunch played for Kapp Factory then some were on Ironmen then Dynasty was formed!

JB.

covert24
02-05-2006, 06:48 PM
lol i never put 2 and 2 together. *ironkids and ironmen* wow im a idiot:cool:

yea now that i think of it dynasty has been winnign games since the dawn of time. they are probably ready for ollie to leave because they haev there own strategies. ironmen will be mad good tho. and ollie shootin dye will be nice to see:)

WOOT WOOT 555 POSTS YEII YEII

phatphil
02-05-2006, 07:38 PM
It's not like this is revolutionary. I mean Dynasty is not going to fall apart because they lost one player... people on pbn worry too much!

chubb0rz
02-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Only thing dynasty will loose besides a strong player is the Ollie Fan Boys.

DFSniper
02-06-2006, 10:54 AM
:yeahthat: and like i said before, their posterboy...

covert24
02-06-2006, 01:58 PM
http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=PagEd&file=index&topic_id=27&page_id=478#Oliver_Dye.jpg

There he goes. shooting dye, YEII YEII.

claustrophobia9
02-06-2006, 02:28 PM
wtf ollie is getting 6 figures a year!?? thats rediculous, id sign with brass eagle for that much. plus i like how the article says that the guy said hell be getting paid at a minimum of six figures then the article goes on to say rumors are that he's being paid 100,000 or more... lol redundancy at its finest.

durrell
02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
What happened to the paintball guys that just got sponsorships lol..how awesome would it be to make that much playing nothing but paintball? Just another sign that paintball is finally going mainstream..it's only a matter of time before it's X-Games and all..

QAZ123
02-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Interesting. Wonder what comes with that $100k though. I'd say he's going to be working for the company also in some way or another doing a lot like Lasoya does with endorsement's and promoting etc. etc.

Although the article never does state if it is a 100k a year though it just say's 100k!

JB.

covert24
02-06-2006, 04:02 PM
the signing bonus is 100k. not the yearly funds. his yearly funds are going to be wayyy more than that signing bonus. he is going to be getting enodresments, winings from tourneys, and promotions. hes gon be gett PAID big time and durrel. paintball has alreayd been considered in the x-games. There way ahead of u;) . They was something about it being in the olympics but it never whnt through for obvious reasons.

claustrophobia9
02-06-2006, 04:56 PM
At the minimum he will be making six figures

emphasis is on MAKING... not recieving... that means its a salary

Sac
02-06-2006, 05:08 PM
last time i checked there were 5 people on the feild at a time. this means very little to dynasty they have plenty more superstars

claustrophobia9
02-06-2006, 05:38 PM
last time i checked there were 5 people on the feild at a time. this means very little to dynasty they have plenty more superstarssure dynasty lost a great player and theyll make it through very well like you said, but this isnt about dynasty anymore, ollie lang is changing the sport of paintball by being one of the most expensive deals for a single player to join a team/ sponsor. dynasty is on a salary to begin, but not 100k... thats pretty hefty, as the money rises so do the fans... watch.

covert24
02-06-2006, 07:31 PM
yea in that story it said that they might be making some signature parts just for ollie. hes a gansgatr but he has wayyy too much money now lol. just for shooting little plastic balls filled with paint at ppl/ its kinda weird if u think about how much ppl spend on some things.

TacTownKilla
02-06-2006, 07:42 PM
This all is old, talked to ollie on da cell couple min ago. Hes playin for my team in 06. Only cost me 4 mil, box of cheat-os, free snapple for the rest of his life, and a midget that can beatbox the theme to mario on command.

bigred76
02-06-2006, 07:54 PM
:yeahthat: He has no more respect from me now. I hate sell-outs, even if they can ball.

TacTownKilla
02-06-2006, 07:56 PM
100k comes your way and your not gonna take it?

bigred76
02-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Hell yeah I'd take it because I'm broke, but I see no reason for him to leave his established team and his friends for money.

Friends>Money

durrell
02-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Depends on how much he was making with Dynasty..if it was a huge payraise, like 75k..then he can make new friends LOL. But if he was making 80 or 90 with SP and Dynasty, he's stupid.

TacTownKilla
02-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Its not like hes gonna lose all those friends jsut cuz he went to another team, word on the street is they still are kewl.

bigred76
02-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I sure as heck wouldn't be if someone ditched my team for $100k. Shows how loyal of a friend they are :dodgy:

spydr
02-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Ollie didnt leave dynasty,Dynasty left him :dodgy:

DyNasty9
02-06-2006, 08:55 PM
from ollies website, i havent even finished reading it yet

2/6/06 Official Statement

Hello to all,
I know this comes as a shock to everyone, including me. I never once thought that what I have accomplished and built with Dynasty would ever come to an end. This has hit me like a ton of bricks and I have had to make the decision of a lifetime. This choice was the hardest thing I have ever encountered; there are no words to describe the feeling of looking into the eyes of your best friends, that you have done so much with, and come so far with, knowing what you are about to say will undoubtedly effect them.

When something of this magnitude comes your direction, you have to weigh your options and think about what you have done, and your future. For some people when all this is said and done they will be able to pack it up and have something to fall back on, not me. At this point in my life all I have is paintball, I have won every tournament and title that there is to win, not once, twice but three and four times, all by the age of 23. I have done some of the most amazing things, and been to the most amazing places, and met the greatest people in the world.

This is a giant step for me to secure my future and one day, have the opportunity to provide for my family, and live a healthy comfortable life. You never know what lies in your future or what obstacles will jump in your way, and you have to be prepared. Paintball is all I have and I need to make something of the cards I have been dealt.

This raises the standard of paintball and will be revolutionary in the growth of this sport. We play this sport for the love of the game, but we continue with delusions of grandeur, of what this sport may be one day, and all dream of being a professional paintball player who gets paid to do what they love to do.

This raises the bar, and sets a precedent, for individuals in our sport. I will truly be the first professional paintball player, and pave the road for all the talented kids who will one day be in my position.

I thank all my fans and people that have supported me in the past and will continue to be honest with them, with out them, I could never have pushed myself to become who I am. I appreciate them for everything. I am still the same person, who loves to help people and will continue to be an icon and ambassador for the sport we all love, and none of that will change.

I hope you continue to support me, and my decision, for I will continue my crusade to make this sport accepted within the public¹s eye. The end goal being, acceptance and understanding, so that one-day paintball will be considered a professional sport.

What all my best friends have told me is ³you have to do what¹s best for yourself,² and this is what is best. I will be playing on the Ironmen and working for Dye from this day forward. I will continue to have the same outlook and perspective on paintball that I have now. I have a huge Heart and want to continue to do my best to win tournaments and promote this wonderful sport that we all revolve our lives around. Friends understand that you are put on this earth for yourself and what¹s best for you, and if you don¹t respect that and acknowledge this, you are not a true friend. Thank you for understanding. This is my life and my choice, I need to pursue my happiness.

Ollie Lang

covert24
02-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Thats WAyyyy Too many big words for me. but it wasnt too long. i actually read it. so anyways.

WOOT WOOT WOOT OLLIE IS SHOOTIN DYE OLLIE IS SHOOTIN DYE.

durrell
02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
I can't much blame him. What he is saying makes sense, if he was to get hurt or something and not able to play..he'd have nothing to fall back on. I haven't heard the final number of what his salary with DYE is, only that it is 6 figures. I don't know if that means 100,000 or 500,000, but either way I think it's a good thing and could lead to some better match-ups and prevent Dynasty from being...a Dynasty.

claustrophobia9
02-07-2006, 03:41 AM
bigred, if most people got offered 100,000 a year they would sell out to running through walmart naked. this isnt that bad. im sure the rest of dynasty are still his buds and they are happy hes making a good living.

chubb0rz
02-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Wow he said that really well and hats off to him.

DFSniper
02-07-2006, 12:18 PM
smart move on the financial part, and i still think dynasty is gonna win next year even with him gone!

DyNasty9
02-07-2006, 01:05 PM
ya after i finished reading it, i was like wow, he put it in the best words possible and i still admire him for everything he is.
Go Ollie #17

QAZ123
02-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Anybody know where the Ironmen placed in 05? Stat's?

JB.

chubb0rz
02-07-2006, 04:50 PM
They are semi pro/nxl.

#1 Semi Pro NPPL Ranking:
http://www.nppl.tv/rankings.htm

NXL (didnt do so hot):
http://www.nxlpaintball.com/Standings.html

claustrophobia9
02-07-2006, 05:09 PM
dye hasnt had a ton of luck with their sponsored teams. nexus might be their best (if i recall)

covert24
02-07-2006, 05:20 PM
doesnt matter. they got the money from there big hits (DM's and such) they got the money to keep teams. just lets see how they can manage them

chubb0rz
02-07-2006, 05:39 PM
dye hasnt had a ton of luck with their sponsored teams. nexus might be their best (if i recall)
Thats probably why they did the far reach for ollie b.c they may feel a superstar will boost the teams performance or at the very least there moral and get them to go out and mow faces.

DyNasty9
02-07-2006, 08:34 PM
this is kinda off topic but i dont think ollie is marryed and i dont think keely watson is marred either:loveeyes: , and seeing as shes the assistant coach and dyes other spokeswoman. they could hit it off, maybe;) just a thought.:D

chubb0rz
02-07-2006, 08:46 PM
keely lang...i guess it fits :lol:

Sac
02-08-2006, 04:54 PM
doesnt sound right at all, Ollie Watson sounds better.

TacTownKilla
02-08-2006, 05:19 PM
thier baby is gonna be one hell ova baller...

DyNasty9
02-08-2006, 06:31 PM
thier baby is gonna be one hell ova baller...
haha ya or they could adopt me:) lol. they'd be a hot couple tho.im callin it right now, 6 months from now when their dating you guys can tell me i was right:p lol

DFSniper
02-09-2006, 01:16 AM
isnt she still with t money?

DexGtr
02-09-2006, 07:35 AM
isnt she still with t money?

but ollie now has D money :D

covert24
02-09-2006, 12:02 PM
LoL wow. nice one:D yup ollie is a pimp

claustrophobia9
02-09-2006, 04:45 PM
appaearently Smartparts offered ollie sponsorship within the same ballpark as dyes, and he turned it down

*EM1-Master*
02-09-2006, 08:11 PM
...DM6>Shocker all day long... It comes down to that... lol

big_daddy_d
02-09-2006, 10:31 PM
thought this thread would finally die but it's obviously still going strong, next we'll be hearing about keely being pregnant with her and Ollie's love child and retiring to Aruba to start their own paintball army... :rolleyes:

claustrophobia9
02-10-2006, 03:21 AM
...DM6>Shocker all day long... It comes down to that... lol
the ultralite frame + the grips... amazing.