PDA

View Full Version : What is the better marker?

slim and shady
08-08-2007, 03:37 PM
IN YOUR OPINION, what one is the better marker, MR1, MR2 or MR3 and why?

newkid
08-08-2007, 04:19 PM
mr2, mr3 is too much just for eyes imo

propaintballer2378
08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
what is a better marker out of the tippman custom pro with e grip or the spyder mr2?

slim and shady
08-08-2007, 07:08 PM
I will answear that one with MR 2 all the way, my friend has the custom with E grip and my gun outclass his big time, I dont even think there is a comparison, imo.

propaintballer2378
08-09-2007, 06:11 AM
how is yours better like by accuracy and consistancy or could it be the paint and the barrel?

propaintballer2378
08-09-2007, 06:50 AM
I will answear that one with MR 2 all the way, my friend has the custom with E grip and my gun outclass his big time, I dont even think there is a comparison, imo.

what barrel and paint were you using?

nastystankweed
08-09-2007, 09:23 AM
mr 2 is the best if u get a good hopper good ball detenets and some decent paint it doesnt chop mr 3 is too expensive.

propaintballer2378
08-09-2007, 09:39 AM
what do the ball detents do that will effect performance?

propaintballer2378
08-09-2007, 09:47 AM
and the mr2 is it also better than a cutom 98 uped with e grip ( apparently then it can reach 30bps )

chnk
08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
eyes>acs bolt anyday handsdown

so id say the mr3 is better than the mr2, but the mr3 is alot of money for just eyes so id say mr2

nastystankweed
08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
ball detenenents help with the double feed and choping problems but i think that kingman fixed that problem

eyes>acs bolt anyday handsdown
so id say the mr3 is better than the mr2, but the mr3 is alot of money for just eyes so id say mr2

i agree

Kenny_McCormic
08-09-2007, 01:16 PM
mr2 with tboard and milled for eyes(cheaper than buying an mr3).

propaintballer2378
08-09-2007, 01:48 PM
i'm a little confused now ( not about what your saying ) why would the mr2 be better than a 98 custom with e grip it only cost 200 when the mr2 cost $250 plus the tippman can reach 30 bps then you change the trigger to double trigger then wouldn't it be better than the mr2 plus it is lighter? please help know why the mr2 is better or not.

propaintballer2378
08-09-2007, 01:49 PM
PS. prices are in canadian.

slim and shady
08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
My gun is more accurate, consistant, faster, alot more durrable he was having alot of trouble with the marker acting up, seals ect. on semi there wasnt a comparison at all. The MR2 was just better all around.

So everyone likes the MR3 its just a little to expensive?

chnk
08-09-2007, 07:55 PM
My gun is more accurate, consistant, faster, alot more durrable he was having alot of trouble with the marker acting up, seals ect. on semi there wasnt a comparison at all. The MR2 was just better all around.

So everyone likes the MR3 its just a little to expensive?

yep the extra $50 i saved went to a hopper unstead

i'm a little confused now ( not about what your saying ) why would the mr2 be better than a 98 custom with e grip it only cost 200 when the mr2 cost $250 plus the tippman can reach 30 bps then you change the trigger to double trigger then wouldn't it be better than the mr2 plus it is lighter? please help know why the mr2 is better or not.

mr2s brand new go for like $100-$140 usd on ebay

mr2 with tboard and milled for eyes(cheaper than buying an mr3).

yep, plus better board means better performance

Jarhead
08-10-2007, 06:41 PM
what is a better marker out of the tippman custom pro with e grip or the spyder mr2?

I played one weeked where this guy had a custom tippman, the first game of the day his stock broke off and after that his gun was useless. It lost its air seal. This told me something about durability, I have fallen down a embankment(I never said I was graceful) and my MR2 was a little scratched but work superbly.
If you want a gun you can use everyday and not have to be gentle with. Go with a MR2

slim and shady
08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I agree and I dont know what to say differently then I already have, the MR2 just compleatly outclassed the custom. It wouldnt be a choice in my eyes, the decision would be clear.

slim and shady
08-11-2007, 05:50 PM
So i take it the MR1 isnt that popular? No one voted for that one, is this just because it is a michanical marker?

wylde01
08-11-2007, 06:10 PM
that might be one reason. another could be because there is no acs bolt or eyes. although you can use any barrel and put any trigger frame on it.

slim and shady
08-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Can you buy and ACS bolt for it? or does the MR2 bolt fit that model as well?
For the MR series are most parts interchangeble between the 3 guns?

chnk
08-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Can you buy and ACS bolt for it? or does the MR2 bolt fit that model as well?
For the MR series are most parts interchangeble between the 3 guns?

internally they can all be interchanged, but the mr2 and mr3 use the new infinity trigger frames and the only other spyder that uses it is the vs2, theyed only be able to fit the vs3 but no other spyder, the mr2 and mr3 bodies are milled to fit infinity trigger frames and no other

the mr1 can use any kingman trigger frame besides the infinity

other than the bodies and the trigger frame its all the same, and can be interchanged

flip87
08-12-2007, 03:48 PM
i find the mr1 is better for a entry level woodsballer but as you progress and get more serious about the sport you will eventually want to go mr2. but i find the mr3 is just too pricy for the gun itself when u can buy the e trigger for the mr2 and it will still b cheaper than the mr3

slim and shady
08-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Buy the E trigger for the MR2? I dont comprenday amigo. Or do you mean the E grip for the MR1?

ViperX
08-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I personally love the MR2, just bought a second one(only $150.00-USD) matter of fact.

The MR3 from what i've seen is really not that different from the MR2 w/ exception of the eyes, from what I gather from MR3 owners the eyes are only functional during semi-mode anyways. When you go full-auto the eyes are disabled. I really don't see the point. I initially had problems with chopping out of the box, but once I figured out what the marker needs to run smoothly, I had no more problems with chopping. So I don't see the need to go with eyes...but that's just me. Seems to be a bit overkill if you ask me (IMO).

The T-board is nice, but alot of fields put a cap on the ROF so the 13bps on auto is more than enough for me, and once I did the trigger mod to my MR2 switch, semi-auto ROF was perfect. Especially now that I'm using a q-loader!

chnk
08-13-2007, 03:29 PM
im trying to get a tboard myself with eyes and mill the mr2 body for eyes, i removed the acs and use the low blow bolt and it chops because the eggy is too slow for me

slim and shady
08-13-2007, 04:29 PM
I was thinking about getting the T board, but what all advantages does it give you?

ViperX
08-13-2007, 04:34 PM
The halo B and the q-loader solved my chopping problems. I've heard of others with the eggy experienceing chopping issues. This marker is just very fickle when it comes to the feeding force of the ball stack.

Hopefully the eyes work out for you, just make sure you have everything perfect for the eyes, once you start milling the body, there's no turning back!

chnk
08-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I was thinking about getting the T board, but what all advantages does it give you?

i only want eyes, and the other modes are interesting, and ramping for the speedball field

The halo B and the q-loader solved my chopping problems. I've heard of others with the eggy experienceing chopping issues. This marker is just very fickle when it comes to the feeding force of the ball stack.

Hopefully the eyes work out for you, just make sure you have everything perfect for the eyes, once you start milling the body, there's no turning back!

im trying to get a halo b right now, i wanted a qloader but it cost alot, the eggy is alright but i really cant get my fingers going that fast without expecting either a jam or chop,

internally my mr2 is fully upped, the only stock thing is the striker, other than that i have my mr2 tuned to run around 350 psi, ive spent a $300 already,
heres what i got
2 hpa tanks - one carbonfiber and 1 steelie,
a cp shorty reg,
spring kit
j&j 14"
magna port high flow valve
acp low blow bolt
eggy hopper,

thats my setup, i dont use scopes or remotes, i was looking into getting an apex and a redot scope,

has anyone put an offset rail on their mr2? i was think about putting one

nastystankweed
08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
i got my hands on a mr3 yesterday real nice but i dont think you can do that much to it because of the fore grips shape.
also the shroud is real long putting a m16 or ak shroud would look horrible. the mr3 has no burst and eyes only works on semi. the r.o.f. is the same as the mr2.
Mr2 is better you can do alot more with it and it looks better, the r.o.f. is the same and it has burst wich the mr3 doesnt
plus you can pick up an mr2 for 150.

ViperX
08-15-2007, 06:25 AM
NASTYSTANKWEED,

Thanks for your input as an owner of the MR3, really helps those of us members to make informed decisions about purchsaing the right marker for our individual needs.

I had totally forgotten to mention the lack of burst fire....good catch! Plus the shroud and foregrip combination really limits you to a very few barrel options and modifying the marker to a specific look. You're pretty much stuck with the stock look. I personally and I know not everyone is like this, but I like to make my marker stand out from the crowd and make it mine.

I overall think the MR2 is the better choice of the three if your looking to upgrade from your first marker. If you are new to the sport, I always think a good mechanical trigger marker is a good, inexpensive way to go. Also helps you understand the basics of how the markers operate without getting into complicated dealings with electronic trigger frames.

Spyder on!