PDA

View Full Version : HELP.... Please

Moose84
08-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Ok, I know this sounds stupid but I swear I am not new to paintball.

I just bought a brand new VS3, got it home plugged it in. Let it charge for about 12 hours (unplugged when I got home from work) I screwed in the brand new air tank, opened up the nozzle. Turned on the gun, turned off the safety. Put on the hopper with paint inside. Cocked the bolt and nothing...

I can hear the trigger working when the bolts not cocked but once I cock it nothing happens. The psi is at about 3000. Any help???

faithalone
08-07-2007, 07:23 PM
i am just taking a stab in the dark but try to put a new fresh 9 volt battery like a Duracell in your marker and see if that helps, that will eliminate the battery.

tell us how that works....

michael

Hossy
08-07-2007, 08:05 PM
did you break in the reg?
or is the reg even set?

Weever
08-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Try to set the reg between 225-275.
Also check if there's a ball in the breach. That can look stupid, but if there's no ball in the breach, then the marker won't let you fire (thanks to the breaking beam eyes).

Moose84
08-07-2007, 09:00 PM
did you break in the reg?
or is the reg even set?
Break in the reg??? I didnt know you were suppose to? How do you go about doing that?

Yeah I doubled and tripled checked to make sure there was a ball in the breach. I was hoping it was something that simple.

Things were so much easier on my old Espirit... Thanks for all the help guys...

Paintballadict18
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Try to set the reg between 225-275.
Also check if there's a ball in the breach. That can look stupid, but if there's no ball in the breach, then the marker won't let you fire (thanks to the breaking beam eyes).

you can turn them off

swoosh81
08-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Are you saying that the sear won't release the striker?

TXTeague
08-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Ok, I know this sounds stupid but I swear I am not new to paintball.

I just bought a brand new VS3, got it home plugged it in. Let it charge for about 12 hours (unplugged when I got home from work) I screwed in the brand new air tank, opened up the nozzle. Turned on the gun, turned off the safety. Put on the hopper with paint inside. Cocked the bolt and nothing...

I can hear the trigger working when the bolts not cocked but once I cock it nothing happens. The psi is at about 3000. Any help???

Did the bolt move atleast once? By nothing I am guessing you mean the ball did not fire. Are you sure you turned the regulator/ASA all the way on? The PSI you refer to is on the tank, right? What is showing on the gage on the gun? You want that to show about 220 but keep in mind that if you make an adjustment it will take firing the gun once to show the new reading. If the regulator/ASA is all the way closed it will show 0 on the gage. One other thing to be careful of is that the regulator/ASA adjustment is very sensitive an 1/8 to a 1/4 turn goes a long way in changing the operating pressure.

Let us know how this turns out.

Moose84
08-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Did the bolt move atleast once? By nothing I am guessing you mean the ball did not fire. Are you sure you turned the regulator/ASA all the way on? The PSI you refer to is on the tank, right? What is showing on the gage on the gun? You want that to show about 220 but keep in mind that if you make an adjustment it will take firing the gun once to show the new reading. If the regulator/ASA is all the way closed it will show 0 on the gage. One other thing to be careful of is that the regulator/ASA adjustment is very sensitive an 1/8 to a 1/4 turn goes a long way in changing the operating pressure.

Let us know how this turns out.
I tried it at both 250 and up around 275. Nothing, I am going to take it to the store I bought it at tomorrow. See if he can get it to work. If not I might trade it in for a VS2, dunno if I am digging the trigger on this very much.

Once again thank you all for replying and trying to help. I will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

Moose84
08-11-2007, 09:37 PM
No luck at the shop today. He said he has never seen anything like it. I now have to call Kingman to see if I can take it down for them to look at.

Weever
08-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Let us know if something was wrong­.

woodballvs3
08-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Maybe the battery is fried and it cant put out its regular power. If you tried a new one already i wouldnt know much els how to fix it besides checking the capacitor, solenoid, and the eye wires along with its harness.

Moose84
08-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Alright finally got it down to Kingman...

The Problem...
When you cock the bolt there is a pin that holds it in place. On my marker the pin was to long and it wasnt releasing all the way.

Solution...
The tech ground down the pin. Works perfect now.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help. It is appreciated.

faithalone
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Glad you got it working and thank you for taking the time to share the solution with us in case someone runs across this again.

You learn something new everyday!

Have fun