PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my Spimego!

vikingshadow
08-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Yup, I said Spimego. Figure if all I have is a spyder body and it's called a Spimmy, then all I have is an Ego feedneck, so it's a Spimego!

Got my feedneck and cut the back of the bolt off. Sooooo, only thing I have left are grips (which I'll get after I get it anno'd so it will match) and annodizing. Also going to drop an Eigenram in there pretty quickly.

Here ya go! (I'll post better pics of the feedneck and a how to later!) Sorry for the crappy pics - can't seem to find a good spot to take decent ones right now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/spimmy%20website%20pics/completedspimmy4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/spimmy%20website%20pics/Completedspimmy1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/spimmy%20website%20pics/completedspimmy3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/spimmy%20website%20pics/completedspimmy2.jpg

VS3 Sniper
08-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow I love it what color are ya gonna anno it?

Drefish99
08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
WOW. Glad to see you got the Vike Mod to work. Looks really great on there and really makes it look different. Nice work Vike.

Tito=PBL
08-07-2007, 02:40 PM
your spimiego is looking nice. i just got a look at your new web site and all i can say is.... WOW....you did a GREAT JOB ON IT!!!

when is the vid coming...hint...hint. :D

vikingshadow
08-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks!

Sniper - Color is still a secret! I have 3 different color schemes I'm looking at. I just have to narrow it down to one, then get price quotes.

Dre - I haven't quite finished the Vike mod yet. Need to cut an oring groove for sure. Right now, I have about 10 layers of electrical tape on the tube part to give the feedneck something to hold onto - it's pretty solid, but I know it's there. Funny thing is, I saved a whole 1/4 inch in height - go figure. I did have to cut my loader feedneck though to make it shorter. Pretty easy with a pipe cutter, lol!

Tito - Video may come in a week or two. I've started back to work in the afternoons, and will be full time starting next Tuesday - and mornings are a PITA around the Vike household. We'll see what happens...

LostCause
08-07-2007, 03:11 PM
thats pretty sweet man, have you shot it a game yet or just at home?

and when it gets annoned its going to look amazing

Oscum Guy
08-07-2007, 04:11 PM
man that feedneck looks nice on it.

Ace24
08-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Vike, can you give me a measurement from the top of the feedneck to the top of your gun body? I want to know if it is shorter then my Angry one. (doesn't look shorter to me... might not be worth the time)

Honestly, I think it looks pretty damn sweet as it is right now. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it gets annoed.

PBNation has alot of anno places and you can do some price checking there. Best I found (didn't do alot of searching) was AcidRain. Rick is really friendly and talked me through what he did to the body of my gun (including his buffing, poslishing, and then annoing) and I honestly can say even before I've gotten my body back (should be here wed or thurs) that he has treated me as a customer should be treated and even if I payed too much (which I don't think I did...) his kindness made me feel secure sending my stuff to him.

I might even send my barrel backings to get annoed if I come up with more money.

Have you thought about getting Dark Seoul grips?

newkid
08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
looks great on it

vikingshadow
08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Lost Cause - I shot it at home and at the field, but not in a game. Probably 4 loaders through it. Thing rips like no tomorrow! I think it's the way the trigger pivot point is. I know I topped my fastest finger speed already with this gun...

Oscum - Thanks! I really like it also. Glad I did it. Now, I just need to figure out if I want to stay with the green feed tube, or use the black one I got this weekend (nice having a field owner as a buddy...)

Ace - I measure it at 1.5 inches exactly. Once I countersink the holes on the tabs and use flathead screws, it's going to be about 1 3/8 inch.

I've got a couple places in mind for the annoing, and yes, I'm considering Dark Seoul after I get it done, mainly because they're so thin. Stickies are too thick for me on this frame.

Newkid - Thanks!

Ace24
08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, 2k2 Clamshell Timmy frames are thick as it is...

...I still want to know what your 3 color combos would be. It's killing me >.<

I just measured my Angry feedneck... guess what... it's exactly 1.5 inches lmao. I guess I'll just stick with it. Even if I can lose those 2/16".

leed
08-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Just a suggestion:

Depending on how much space there is between the Ego feedneck and the Spyder feedneck, you might want to consider picking up a piece of PVC pipe that will slip on the Spyder feedneck, then sand accoringly so the Ego feedneck fits on it, cut vertically down the side of the PVC, stick that on the feedneck, and clamp the Ego feedneck on that. You want to cut down the side so that you can make sure the Ego feedneck will clamp on both the PVC AND the spyder feedneck.

vikingshadow
08-08-2007, 09:47 AM
That's actually a good idea. However, there's not a lot of space between the feed tube and the feed neck for a pipe. Just enough space that tightening the Ego feedneck all the way isn't enough, but not so much that a thicker pipe will fit.

Might be able to find some rubber tubing that will work though. Hmmmm, that would even take the place of the orings. Guess it's off to the hardware store again, lol!