PDA

View Full Version : apex\flatline barrel

propaintballer2378
08-07-2007, 07:12 AM
the apex barrel puts a back words spin on the ball to make it go farther so will this decrease accuracy? and is it make the ball go upwards with the back spin? and will this be as or more accurate than other barrels like the j and j?

propaintballer2378
08-07-2007, 07:58 AM
and i under stand there is different settings is there a setting were you can shoot with out the back spin effect just a normal shot?

majorissuez99
08-07-2007, 11:56 AM
i own the apex and i love it ...for the distance and accuracy you get its amazing
around the 3rd-6th setting is the most accurate for the distance....anything higher the ball will go a little weird and pretty hard to aim
ive never used the J&J so i wouldnt know but the Apex seems to be pretty accurate
I bought a Underground Mods Shop Apex adapter(mounts apex tip on any barrel) so i might buy a J&J and mount the Apex on the J&J

The Apex is a great barrel does everything it says it does though i think hook/dive shots are cheap

propaintballer2378
08-07-2007, 04:33 PM
so the end off the apex barrel the only thing that effects the flight is the bulgy thing in the front so i can mount that on a j and j and it should be very accurate?

Elfmaze
08-07-2007, 04:52 PM
accuracy is subjective, i find as long as the barrel has a nice smooth hone the barrel type doesn't matter much, now if you get scratches or paint in there that will not shoot thru then you're gona wing em nomatter what you have

slim and shady
08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I have an apex and my last 3 games are as fallows
game 1
26 kills 4 deaths
Game 2
20 kills 1 death
Game 3
6 kills 1 death

I give a large portion of these marks to my apex (I only used it those 3 games) I could hit targets wial being well out of there range. When your a sniper things like that help alot. Up hill advantage doesnt bother you anymore when you are on the lower end. I find the accuracy great up to leavel 6 I can usually 8-9 times out of 10 have a l shot kill, leavel 7 is about 5 out of 10 and leavel 8 I concider myself good on it takes roughly 3 shots to take out the mark. I also use a good red dot sight and sighted it in on leavel 6 at about 120 ft to hit a 1 foot square consistantly.
I dont find the curve shots to be cheeters at all, if you can do it its not a cheater, its an advantage. But thats just my opinion and I will admit these types of shoots are seldom used, but I think its the best barrel out there to date. I also have the adapter and put my apex on my progressive. I noticed right away it aded about 20ft of accurate distance to the apex.
You are right its the tip that adds the backspin effect alowing your shoot to go farther turn ect. The apex barrel itself is a decent barrel but there are better barrels out there. I would emagine on the J&J it would be more acurate as well, if your looking for acuracy i would sugest adding a red dot sight or scope rather than the front sight your talking about. I have both and I preffer to use the red dot scope every time I shoot, it makes it alot easier to guage your shots and compensate if you are off.

chnk
08-07-2007, 06:25 PM
i was looking to get the apex but its so expensive how much did you get yours for?

slim and shady
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Ebay....cheep I think it was 80 cnd. That was new in box.

slim and shady
08-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I think paintballgear.ca has them for something like 100-120 cnd around there anyway. I think that they are a great investment i wouldnt hesitate to buy this product again.

propaintballer2378
08-07-2007, 07:04 PM
since i am saving up for a new barrel and a q loader what one should i get first? i am a woodsballer and i don't like to waste much paint like full auto.should i get the apex or the qloader and just use a normal hopper for now?

propaintballer2378
08-07-2007, 07:08 PM
o and i can't find any spyder threaded apex barrel on ebay have a link to where i could get a cheap one other than badlands they cost me $150 cdn.

chnk
08-07-2007, 08:07 PM
since i am saving up for a new barrel and a q loader what one should i get first? i am a woodsballer and i don't like to waste much paint like full auto.should i get the apex or the qloader and just use a normal hopper for now?

normal hopper will give you **** performance shooting semi, trust me you can only do like 5 bps and youll jam

darth massacre
08-07-2007, 10:04 PM
normal hopper will give you **** performance shooting semi, trust me you can only do like 5 bps and youll jam

Yeah I'm in agreement there - unless you do 1b/5s instead of 5bps :D

propaintballer2378
08-08-2007, 05:31 AM
ok so i shoulld get a qloader first

slim and shady
08-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I think it depends what you are looking for. They are both great products. I love the apex and would tell anyone to buy it, but the Q loader is great to. So it depends are you looking more to get a loader, or distance for your shots? If you want longer shots go with the apex, if your looking for smooth fast loading go with the Q loader. Thats a question reall y you gotta answear yourself. If your not worried about shooting fast then I say go with the Apex but if you want to shot agressivly, even in semi auto you have to have a decent hopper.

*EL-Mago*
10-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Damn I payed $113.00 for mine its in the mail at the moment and from the post's on the forum I think I made a excellent choice. and I woudlnt think that curve hits are cheats nah I think who says that is usualy the ones that get pawn'd by em.

slim and shady
10-18-2007, 07:38 PM
As far as im concerned its not cheep if you can do it. i dont use the "trick" shots often but I sure like to sneek the odd hook shot around a corner in urban combat!