PDA

View Full Version : What is break in.

SkinWalk3r
08-07-2007, 06:58 AM
I've have just come across this term..What is it..and what/how is the best way to do it for my gun ?

wylde01
08-07-2007, 07:13 AM
i would assume you mean breaking in the bolt? breaking in your bolt helps to get the acs mechanism looser (couldn't find a good word to put there) which should help to prevent a chop when/if a second ball tries to enter the chamber. correct me if im wrong on what i just said people who know more about it because ive never had to explain it. in order to break the bolt in you can do it two diff. ways.

1) take a dowel rod or squeege and stick it down inside the feedneck and dry fire a couple hundred times should do.

2) take the bolt out of the marker and break it in by hand. just move the little part that sticks out of if up and down for a while.

i had to do number 2 because mine would not dry fire with the rod inside the feedneck. i hope this helps you with answering you question.

SkinWalk3r
08-07-2007, 08:27 AM
i would assume you mean breaking in the bolt? breaking in your bolt helps to get the acs mechanism looser (couldn't find a good word to put there) which should help to prevent a chop when/if a second ball tries to enter the chamber. correct me if im wrong on what i just said people who know more about it because ive never had to explain it. in order to break the bolt in you can do it two diff. ways.

1) take a dowel rod or squeege and stick it down inside the feedneck and dry fire a couple hundred times should do.

2) take the bolt out of the marker and break it in by hand. just move the little part that sticks out of if up and down for a while.

i had to do number 2 because mine would not dry fire with the rod inside the feedneck. i hope this helps you with answering you question.

you wouldnt by anychance have a pic of said part on number two option, would you ? (I like pics, books with words bah !):D

oldironmudder
08-07-2007, 11:55 AM
The best way Ive found to break in anti-chop bolts is to take the bolt out of the marker & open a dresser drawer. Set the bolt between the back of the drawer & front of the dressser & close it.

D-rail
08-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Heh, a butterknife worked WONDERS for me......

I just pulled the pin back, stuck the knife in the gap and let it sit for a couple days. Just by compressing the bolt it stopped chops dramatically :D

SkinWalk3r
08-09-2007, 05:20 AM
guys.....why is the manual for the gun SO limited in instructions. Even the videos on the site are for a different gun ! how the heck do I get to the Bolt.

wylde01
08-09-2007, 07:04 AM
i never read the manuals to spyders because they are limited on info. to get the bolt out all you do is, go to the back of the marker, pull the pin out of the side, when you pull the pin out be carefull because the spring and velocity adjuster will shoot out. after those parts come out cock your gun and push a squeege or something through where your barrell would be at and the bolt and striker should come right out.

SkinWalk3r
08-09-2007, 11:50 AM
ok. cool. LOL I remember the part about the flyingstuff. Got pegged in the face 2 minutes after I first got the gun.

Now as far as breaking in goes....cant I just dry fire the gun ?? or is that bad ?

wylde01
08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
you should be able to dry fire the marker but put a squeege or some sort of rod down inside the feedneck.

SkinWalk3r
08-09-2007, 08:02 PM
but put a squeege or some sort of rod down inside the feedneck.

why ?

also what does repeated compressions of the spring do...and how does this play into the chop ?

I am sorry if I am asking too many questions..this is new to me

BTW I managed to get the bolt out. and I have a plastic dowel rod in the slot that I use to squeeze and release the spring. Kinda like a syringe

Nenkitsune
08-09-2007, 08:09 PM
By compressing it repeatedly it wears down the spring, making it softer. By making the spring softer, when the ball pinches, it doesn't chop, but at the same time it'll recock. If it's not broken in, it won't chop, but it also won't recock.

SkinWalk3r
08-10-2007, 05:25 AM
By compressing it repeatedly it wears down the spring, making it softer. By making the spring softer, when the ball pinches, it doesn't chop, but at the same time it'll recock. If it's not broken in, it won't chop, but it also won't recock.

"aaaaahhhh I see"! said the blind man."Its all coming back to me now"he said as he peed into the wind :D

BTW are there any parts of the gun that MUST NOT BE OILED/LUBED. I am asking becuase when I pulled the bolt it was suprisinly devoid of lube and I was going to give it a light coat.. ?

oldironmudder
08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Some aftermarket bolt dont need lube but all orings do. I put a few drops of oil in the asa & dry fire it about 6 times & shes good for the day.

EDIT: Dont have the barrel on there when you do this or there will be drops through out the barrel.

Jarhead
08-10-2007, 07:06 PM
What I did was buy a tank of air and a cheap box of 500 paintballs. After I left my spring compressed for a day when the gun was cocked. I took the gun out back and shot off all 500 paintballs on semi slowly, then emptied the rest of the air tank firing on full auto. It cost me about $15 but I have never had a problem with chopping other than using cheap paint.

Patience is my motto, don't try to rush breaking it in.

slim and shady
08-11-2007, 05:48 PM
For me I just kept compressing the spring by hand, over and over and.... you get the point, watch TV when you do it though it helps pass the time. Im not sure about this but im guessing one of you wil know. If you didnt know to break in the acs, just buy using it it would do it itself right?