PDA

View Full Version : trigger preference

applesauce
08-05-2007, 09:53 PM
just wondering what style trigger you guys prefer? Im looking at the NDZ blade. that seems to me, to be the best style for walking. any other opinions?

vikingshadow
08-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Which gun? I only ask because on my Shocker, I tried 4 triggers before I figured out that I like the NDZ Slik trigger best(kind of a scythe style.) On my Rail, I like the UL trigger (blade style) best. On my new gun, and Alias trigger (has a swoop at the bottom and a small bump in the middle.) Each gun has a different swivel point and each feel a bit different.

Point is, it's pretty much a preference thing here.

bigred76
08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
:yeahthat: Really, go out and try some if at all possible. Different people like different things. We can advise based on what gun you have, but I can't promise you'll like it.

Oscum Guy
08-06-2007, 07:26 AM
i love my cp sling (scythe) trigger. rake style ones i likes too.

but thats what i like, what do you like?

p.s. only get a trigger w/ roller bearings

shunut
08-06-2007, 07:37 AM
I like the CP Sling Blade style also and yes, make sure it had the roller bearings. Magnetic return is also nice.

applesauce
08-06-2007, 08:31 AM
this would be for my rail. is there any science behind he designs? other then personal preference? does the 'scythe' type design have any advantage over the blade style and vice versa? the only problem for me is that the pro shop in my area wont let you play around with the markers too much, and they really over charge, so i dont want to go in there a lot if im not going to buy anything.

Oscum Guy
08-06-2007, 09:19 AM
no science just what you can rock the fastest. go in thar and tell them you need to try out some different style trigger to see which one you want to buy.

vikingshadow
08-06-2007, 10:25 AM
I found that, in my opinion (see, there's that nasty preference thing agian!) that I like the UL trigger on my Rail. Very easy to walk.

On my shocker, the Slik trigger is designed like a Scythe so that the bottom finger doesn't have to move so far to hit the trigger - guess that could be science talking, I suppose.

Can you try different triggers at your local field(s)?

VS3 Sniper
08-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I like sycle triggers ( critical trigger on there right now ) on my ion but I really loved my stock trigger on my dm4 (before I sold it). I am getting a nxt and I hear most ppl pefer rake triggers on them. It really depends what u like and what kind of gun u have becuase the pivot points are diffrent on diffirent guns. Go to ur local field and try as many diffrent triggers as u can that way u can get a feel for all diffirent shapes.

bamf-hacker
08-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I like the CP Sling Blade triggers the best. They feel good and i can walk them fast.

Muddytaco
08-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Different guns feel better with different trigger, not one shape feels the best on every gun IMO.

Ex of what i like on different guns:
Ego- blade
DM/PM w/ ul frame- scythe
DM/PM w/o UL frame- blade
shocker nxt- sling
shocker sft- dynasty trigger
Timmy- sling or blade
viking- blade
ion- scythe

It all depends on frame shape and how the trigger pivots and makes contact with the switch. Either try it before you buy it or be like me and buy a bunch of different ones till you find the one that works the best:p