PDA

View Full Version : gonna make a shoot through riot shield

jimmythefoot
08-05-2007, 07:01 PM
saw a kid use a riot shield at ION.
never had a gun just ran around with this shield giving cover to his teammates.
then i thought of how my friend played rainbow6 on his xbox 360 live.
he used a shield a lot with a pistol.
only way to kill him was with grenades or flanking.

so i'm gonna get a piece of plaxiglass, something around 3'wide and 41/2'long.
put some light autoglass tint on it, except for the 8"x3" window in the upper top so you can see through it easier.
use industrial velcro for the loop handles, these will be secured by simple bolts and washers.
and i am thinking of putting the smaller type of rubber toilet plungers on the right middle side of the shield just above the one handle.
this also will be secured by bolts and washers.
these plungers can be drilled out and look to be perfect for sticking a barrel through while being able to move it slightly up, down, left and right due to it being flexable.
whole project looks to run me around $50 Bucks.:D

even thought of running sections of that industrial velcro around some of the egde and middle so i can attach vegetation to the shield to break up my outline.

what do you guys think...good idea or do i need couns:D eling

NeedForSpeed
08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
There's no way your going to be allowed to use that or get your moneys worth, except for in scenario. You can do it if you want but imo it's just a waste of money.
I live in Central NJ. Where are you moving? Maybe we can play together sometime before you move. Hit me up with what fields you usually play at.

vikingshadow
08-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Cheating much?

If you did that at my field, I'd call you out whenever the shield got hit. Then probably giggle when the major bunkering happened....

Unless you call yourself a tank and use it during scenario play.

MVS1
08-05-2007, 09:16 PM
actually i would just light it up, you wouldnt be able to see through all the paint and have to stick your head out and then.....BOOM, head shot baby!!! other than that its great idea and i would say you dont need any pysch help whats so ever:rolleyes:
if you do go forward with this i suggest mirrored auto-tint. sunny day you could use it to blind opponents:D

newkid
08-06-2007, 05:53 AM
sounds like a good idea for scenario

Paintballadict18
08-06-2007, 07:39 AM
:yeahthat:

HelpDeskHustler
08-06-2007, 09:47 AM
burden outweighs benefits.

and if your friend used a riot shield successfully in a human battle in rainbow six, he was either playing noobs, or he is a god.

jimmythefoot
08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
burden outweighs benefits.

and if your friend used a riot shield successfully in a human battle in rainbow six, he was either playing noobs, or he is a god.

lol
he was a god at first
one of the first to jump on 360 live when it first came out
then people got smart and "X'd" using shields and plastics on the ceiling
lol
it was sooo funny watching guys get worked over...but it didn't last long
best trick i saw him use was puting a black dot of tape in the center of his crosshairs.
this way when he's crouched with his back to a box or wall he can line up his croshairs to make a quick peek shot

hey like my old drill use to say "if you ain't cheeting you ain't trying hard enough.

jimmythefoot
08-06-2007, 02:49 PM
There's no way your going to be allowed to use that or get your moneys worth, except for in scenario. You can do it if you want but imo it's just a waste of money.
I live in Central NJ. Where are you moving? Maybe we can play together sometime before you move. Hit me up with what fields you usually play at.

i make pretty good money
not married
no kids
no mortgage
travel around the US working and playing in senario games
ya life is tough
and i didn't even have to go to college for this job, lol

but on a serious note i would only use it in the big scenario games
the bigger they are the more relaxed the rules become from what ive seen

could you emagine a group of 20 or 30 players with this rig
bursting out of a thick wall of smoke
unloading with MR2 and A-5
AWESOME
i tell ya that kid at ION 2007 really opened my eyes to this advantage
and the crazy thing is he isn't moving at 5 MPH like a tank
HE'S RUNNING FULL TILT

BloodLustAC
08-07-2007, 08:23 AM
As long as the games you play in allow it, then go for it. Refs have those, I always wanted one but I could never use it =P

Taillo
08-09-2007, 03:52 PM
There is a paintball field in my region that uses the rule: If your gun gets hit, you are not dead, while all other paintball fields ive tried uses the inverse rule.

I did have this same idea, but it was a gun attachment, and it was only for this particular paintball field... and they have no choice to accept you play with this because its part of your gun, and its using their rule... The ref will make a funny face when he will explain that rule while im showing off my gunshield at the same time...